©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Test E by Itself. Good Idea?

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
I was thinking of running some Test E by itself. My last lab results showed my test to be 298 ng/dl . I would like to bump that up.

I was thinking of running 250 for the first 2 weeks, the bumping that up to 500 for 4 weeks. I am at this point a lifetime natty. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am 39, 5'-3", 171 lbs. approx 10-12% bf.

Current diet is 260-280 pro / 300-350 carb / 65-75 fat on training days.

260-280 pro / 150-175 carb / 65-75 fat on non training days.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
I am not against AAS at all. Which is why I am here at this forum to learn more about it. I feel that starting with a low dose to get my test up is the best way to start out.

I would like to see how my body responds to higher test levels first before moving on to more anabolic substances.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Then why not just do an actuall cycle? Say 500mgs a week for 10-12 weeks. Your other protocol doesn't make much sense to me.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well hold on .maybe you will respond hella good on 250 a week? Receptors are fresh.Have u cycled before? If not see what happens low is best but not for some people .the motto more isn't always better applies here cause you don't know
Always bump up and stay on a few extra weeks.imo

Zaven

May 18, 2005
I am not against AAS at all. Which is why I am here at this forum to learn more about it. I feel that starting with a low dose to get my test up is the best way to start out.

I would like to see how my body responds to higher test levels first before moving on to more anabolic substances.

what exactly are your goals brother...?? You are aware that just by "getting your test up" doesn't mean that it will stay up when you come off...correct...?? Not trying to offend you bud, just making sure because more than likely if you run anything your levels will more than likely tank and pretty much stay that way.

Looks like TRT is right around the corner for you especially if you've never ran any AAS and your Total T was 298. Assuming your Free test is low too, which it more than likely is.

Unless your just wanting to put on some serious size then I would personally try to get doc prescribed Test FIRST. You could make fantastic gains just on trt doses. Did you discuss this with your doc..?? was he/she against prescribing anything...?? Even if it's androgel it's a start to getting treatment.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Zaven- I do understand that levels won't stay up and will more than likely fall after. My doc won't prescribe TRT because he says levels fall in the normal range. This is the second blood panel with this Dr. and test is lower than the last.

Ironbuilt- I'm assuming you mean Blood Pressure? I appologize but, I'm still trying to learn all the abbreviated lingo.

Incognito1

Dec 24, 2012
298 is a pretty low test level, especially for a lifelong natty. I would be getting a second opinion from another doc. But yes I too would be starting on 250 per week and just cruise for a while to see how you respond. If this is your first time you should respond very well

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yes sir xmen..bp is blood pressure. Rhr is resting heart rate.check that too.dont be shy ask what people mean on abbreviations. We were once where you are and no a big deal.thanks
Many Dr won't prescribe shit when its a hormone due to bad rap.Get your own and flip off Dr as you drive by.. I do..feels good.

Last edited:

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
At 39 with test levels that low, I would recommend blasting and cruising. Run 150 test year round and just hit 1-2 cycles per year of higher doses/adding in other compounds.

Humana

Mar 4, 2013
First cycle ever was 250mg a week of enan and just really watched my diet and my gains were amazing. I like the idea of low dose then two blasts as Collin stated. I've got 20+ years of experience under me and I've seen guys do great on that.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
If your test levels are that low now, i'd recommend going on TRT after your cycle is over. Having low test levels is very unhealthy. Keep it simple, for example, if your enanthate is 200mg/ml, then just take 400mg/wk, or if it is 250mg/ml, then take 500mg/wk. I personally would take 1ml every 3-4 days, or you can just take it all at once. I always recommend using an aromatase inhibitor like aromasin as well.

Enanthate is good test, and usually the cheapest.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
No aas ever right? 298 on test level ? I would go with a run of 200-250 week long single ester test. If you have been making gains /improving with your test levels why not reap the most from the least as IB and a few ohers state?
I have been rehabbing some injuries for a while now. I'm using very low trt doses. I'm losing BF and gaining size and strength very steadily.
No need to add anything at this point. I'm not where I should be before actual cycling. Do yourself a favor and start at 200-250 week . Bet about 3 weeks in
you will start making great strides . Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks, T