©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Kaz says Platz used faked weights

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
This is pretty interesting....or maybe not. It was when Platz squatted 500lbs for 23 reps with Fred Hatfield & Bill Kazmaier behind him. Says his first rep looked like his last and he never slowed down.

Bill Kazmaier accuses Tom Platz of Fake Weights - YouTube

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
Yea, that for damn sure! lol

This is nuts, both guys are definitely not small potatos in their perspective fields....wonder how much attention this will get....well, besides turds like me posting it up:D

thethinker

Donating Member
May 24, 2013
Tom's ability to recover within a set has always been incredible. Anyone that's seen him train in person will tell you this.

Not saying Kaz is lying but Tom had an absolutely incredible mind for pain tolerance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Yea, that for damn sure! lol

This is nuts, both guys are definitely not small potatos in their perspective fields....wonder how much attention this will get....well, besides turds like me posting it up:D

Someone please keep an eye out on if Platz responds to this.
Will be interesting to see how this one goes!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Don't kill the messenger here guys. I question the amount of flex in the bar. When he topped out of the rep it just didn't bounce and bend as much as the bars at my gym. What I'm wondering is WHY would he start running his mouth now when he was standing directly behind him and was at the time a world champion at this very thing he was watching. ??????????????????????????????

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Tom was one strong soon of a B
With the bars- there are so many different grades.
A gym that plays or any one of his caliber would have some strong ass bars.
I am looking up the grades of bars -
in fact
Going to sleep for a while

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Really interested what he has to say in response to this. It would be crazy if this were true.

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
Don't kill the messenger here guys. I question the amount of flex in the bar. When he topped out of the rep it just didn't bounce and bend as much as the bars at my gym. What I'm wondering is WHY would he start running his mouth now when he was standing directly behind him and was at the time a world champion at this very thing he was watching. ??????????????????????????????

Yea, those are my questions as well!

I have mad respect for both, so this all really caught me by surprise. I don't know what to think. I could believe it both ways...though i'd love to give the credit to Platz, and just hope that Kaz is off his rocker, lol. Wondering why Kaz would make this a deal so many years afterward.

I'd love to see what Platz has to say.

FastBunny

May 27, 2018
I don’t think it really matters how much weight he was putting but rather the mammoth legs that which he had to show for, had to be putting up some serious weight and reps regardless but it would be interesting to see his reaction to this lol

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I never would have guessed that. It's strange he has waited all this time to mention it.

monster-ish

Jul 27, 2017
I never would have guessed that. It's strange he has waited all this time to mention it.
I agree, why would he wait this long to bring it up. They must have some kind of beef going

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
You can't argue with the results. I have a hard time believing he used fake weights after everything I have seem him do and say.

alzadosghost

Oct 31, 2017
Olympic peninsula
I said the first time I saw this many years ago, if that many were so fucking easy why did he stop cranking them out. as easy as the last one was he could have done 20-30 more. that alone makes no sense to med at all. and the bar didn't look right either. those bars back then were starting to droop with 225 lol 500 lbs they looked like a rainbow. I always said it was shady. plus to this day iv never heard of anyone doing it. all other records have long been shattered this lift would be no different. his legs were huge no doubt. but we all know genetics and gear played the biggest role in that. he sure dosnt have legs like that now. guy dosnt even look like he ever lifted. I saw a recent squat video of him using those fake thick weightless crossfit plates for sure. probably used an aluminum bar too lol hell even dorian held a ton of leg size years after he quit training entirely.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
If I had to guess they were real. He was built for squatting and was only 5ft 4. But in the video it does look like he could have got more. If that was a contest to squat the most and a record at that weight I would expect him to push it more. On the last rep he wasn't fighting to get it up.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
https://barbend.com/women-squatting-600-pounds/
This is some cool shit.
I beleave that platz could do the squats with out fake plates no problem.
He was incredable

Very impressive. I don't want to take away from any of them as Platz obviously used aas as well but most of those women are big users. You can see it in most of their faces. It's wrong to bring up as the men use as well but something I could not help but notice!

BG

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks for posting. Bill just talking..i think. He would of said something long before now. But is it possible...absolutely. Everything is extremely tight to be 500. EVERYTHING moves at that weight