©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

USA trt 10cc vials?

Brickshthouse79

Donating Member
Mar 15, 2019
Does anyone in the US still get rx'd 10cc multi-use vials? My doc writes mt script for 10cc, but my pharmacy fills it as 2 1cc vials a month with 5 refills.

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
My dr writes the same but instead the rx mails me 10 of the small bottles that are a pain in the ass to draw up.

brokenarrow

Feb 17, 2013
My first script came as a 10 ML bottle but the last one was 10 x 1ML. They are a pain and it looks like they cost my ins more so I don't know why they would fill the script this way.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Does anyone in the US still get rx'd 10cc multi-use vials? My doc writes mt script for 10cc, but my pharmacy fills it as 2 1cc vials a month with 5 refills.

I have a USA friend who still gets WATSON TEST in 10ml vials. At least he did last we talked about it. I know compound pharmacies can do 10ml vials too.

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
I get prescribed 10ml bottles but my insurance will only cover a 1 month supply which would be 3ml. So instead of using my insurance and getting 3 1ml bottles, I use my GoodRx coupon and get the 10ml bottle. It costs a few bucks more but its more convenient.

Brickshthouse79

Donating Member
Mar 15, 2019
Thanks. My rx is only 2cc/month, so walgreens just fills the 2 1ml vials instead of the 10cc. Ill look into a compounding pharmacy.

bassguy2

Donating Member
Feb 14, 2018
Thanks. My rx is only 2cc/month, so walgreens just fills the 2 1ml vials instead of the 10cc. Ill look into a compounding pharmacy.

Have your MD Write:

Testosterone Cyp 200mg/ml X 10ml
Inject 100mg IM Weekly
Dispense as Wriiten

Use goodrx and find a pharmacy that is willing to order it for you if they don’t have it in stock. Also pharmacies are much more likely to work with you if you do regular business with them. My local pharmacy, where I do all my business, treats me like a king.

Pharmacies are moving towards single dose vials as there is a risk of infection associated with multi-dose vials (never has a problem personally). Plus I’m sure they make more money with single dose.

Hope this helps.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
As insurance companies enforce the 1 month fill at a time. 10ml vials will be harder and harder to get. I like how women can get 1 Dr visit a year maybe no blood work and get a script for their hormone meds for the year. Even though studies show that women's birth control hormones raises the risk of heart attack etc.

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
As insurance companies enforce the 1 month fill at a time. 10ml vials will be harder and harder to get. I like how women can get 1 Dr visit a year maybe no blood work and get a script for their hormone meds for the year. Even though studies show that women's birth control hormones raises the risk of heart attack etc.

Good point. It would be nice to go once a year instead of every 6 months. A 5 min. Dr, visit usually takes an hour and a half.