©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Recommendations please

win3200

May 3, 2013
Looking for a little advice but before I ask hear is a little info on me. I was very active, worked out 5-6 days a week kept my diet in check, looked and felt good. My problems began 4 years when I got out of the service. I got very depressed, began drinking a lot, not working out just did not give a shit about anything. I finally got help because my wife told me too either get my shit together out get the fuck out. I was not being a good husband or father and she had enough and wanted her old husband back. Started seeing a shrink and was diagnosed clinical depression and been on meds now for 2 years, bupropion for depression.

I did my first cycle in 06, test sust 250mg week 8 weeks and pct nolva 20mg day and liked what I saw. My stats back then 5’ 9” 185 not sure of body fat %. Now I am 35 years old, weigh 195 and not in good shape. I My wife in 27, she is great shape works out all the time and I want to look like the guys she feel for, sappy I know. If anyone can give me an idea of a good starting cycle, where I can drop some weight, not look like a sack of shit and not be ashamed of taking my shirt off when I take my family to the beach I would be very grateful.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Well,thanks for opening up man, it's a refreshing change. Before I recommend anything I will give you some advice based on my own experience and that is, "Don't look to bodybuilding alone to measure your self image". Like anything that is over done, bbing can consume you and destroy your marriage, relationships and finances like anything taken to excess.

First things first is to get your arse back into the gym, that alone will help you feel good about yourself. Given your age I would say just straight Test E or C at 400-600mg EW for 10-12 weeks should do the trick follow it up with PCT recommendations you will find here.

I will say to educate yourself as much as possible (make use of anasci's search feature) and then keep things balanced, diet, life etc...

You will enjoy a good physique the most when all of life is good, so go slap your wife on the ass, tell her you love her and will see her after the gym.

Good luck,
Hawk

win3200

May 3, 2013
@chicken_hawk, thanks for the quick reply. Not looking to get huge, to be honest I just want to look like an underwear model, sounds gay I know but its the only way I could but it. I know my wife wont fuck around, she loves me. For her to stick by me the way she did proves it. I just get pissed when we are at the beach or pool and I see these younger guys who remind me of me when I was that age hitting on her. Not pissed at them because when you see nice tits and a great ass, as a man you want to know what is going on. I get pissed at myself for letting myself go.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
@chicken_hawk, thanks for the quick reply. Not looking to get huge, to be honest I just want to look like an underwear model, sounds gay I know but its the only way I could but it. I know my wife wont fuck around, she loves me. For her to stick by me the way she did proves it. I just get pissed when we are at the beach or pool and I see these younger guys who remind me of me when I was that age hitting on her. Not pissed at them because when you see nice tits and a great ass, as a man you want to know what is going on. I get pissed at myself for letting myself go.

HAWK Gave you some good advice. And you dont sound gay bro. Everyone wants to look good but few chose to do something about it. But I would def get a routine going in the gym and your diet cleaned up for a little while before starting your cycle. By the way :welcome: to the board. A lot of great guys here willing to help!

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
HAWK Gave you some good advice. And you dont sound gay bro. Everyone wants to look good but few chose to do something about it. But I would def get a routine going in the gym and your diet cleaned up for a little while before starting your cycle. By the way :welcome: to the board. A lot of great guys here willing to help!

there you have it bro, good luck!

VP

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
get the diet right first then train for a while then add the gear.

WELCOME!!

this is correct too.
if diet isnt right....or enough calories/protein/etc consumed..
you wont grow.
if u feel your diet is good enuff...and youve reached your plateau
or
if you have your mind set on using AAS...

a Test cyp or Enan at 500mg week cycle would wrk nice
or
Test cyp/Enan @ 500mg wk(wks 1-10) + Dianabol 30-50mg every day(wks 1-5ish)

the 2nd..of course..would do more but u might wana see how your body reacts with just test first. then add oral.

Austinite

May 10, 2013
As mentioned, thank you opening up.

I'd like to suggest that you have your body fat percentage checked. It's a crucial step in the decision process you're making. If you don't mind spending a little money, search for a BodPod provider in your area for an accurate assessment.

The reason I suggest your BF be checked is because in the event that your body fat is too high, this could result in amplified side effects and managing estrogen levels would most certainly be cumbersome. Especially if you haven't cycled in such a long while without blood work.

Also mentioned was diet, which I agree with and highly recommend it get's an evaluation. Without a nutritional plan in place, unfortunately results would be hindered and in some cases virtually eliminated.

Best of luck to you and you should be very happy and proud to be taking this step.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Just want to say hopefully things are going ok and with this new train of thought regarding your health and to be able to live a long time with a wife who sounds pretty dam cool that you can ditch the antidepression meds get your training in order because I feel antidepressants and AAS don't belong together as aas ups your good feelings so both would be overkill. Antidepressants mess with body weight, sex, hair loss, all kinds of crap as for me they make me a walking zombie so screw that . Your mind is powerful .. Ib

win3200

May 3, 2013
@ironbuilt the antidepression meds are history thanks to support from my familiy and just know what to look for have been off of them for 2 months. I want to thank everyone for replying to me and offering up the suggestions and the kind words of encouragement. I have decided to take the plunge so to speak but before I do I have some things that need to be attended to. I got my diet back in check, eating real clean food, a lot of greens and natural meats that I get from a local farm store. I am lactose intolerant so I need to becareful what protein shakes I use, going to try carnivore heard good things about it. I will keep a log of progress on and off gear so I can chart my progress. Again thank you all for your help.

Bfit247

May 21, 2013
Family

Hey brother, plenty of great guys here and all have given the best advice. You already have the motivation in front of you! Your family and Wife! Once you are back in the gym and changes and improvements start happening that will push you even harder! If you wife has held on till now give her a new reason to love you even more! Im not talking about looks but pride and self confidence! And the looks will follow!

If you ever want to talk bro im around!

win3200

May 3, 2013
@bfit247 thank you for the kind words. Training is going good I hit the gym 6 days a week alternate day for cardio and feel excellent. In a month I will consider taking the next step.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
It's great to hear that things in your life are improving...Actually, you should give yourself a pat on the back for having the ability to look at yourself honestly and make the changes you know will make your life better!

Diet, consistency with your diet, and consistency in the gym will get you where you want to be!! Remember, abs are made in the kitchen!! Keep up the good work!!