©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Injection fellas

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I'm gonna start to inject myself since my wife is leaving for iraq in a few months. she normally injected me. but i was curious, i can't really get a good shot at my glutes so i was thinking about my thigh. What gauge should i use for that? I'm used to a 22 gauge and also were should i inject on my thigh. i've seen pictures where they say normally where your pants pocket would be? should i be standing or sitting to relax my leg? which place do you find is the easiest to inject on your own?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Thanks for the site tex...do you aspirate the needle? i heard it's not really needed. I didn't do it when i had my wife injecting.

cbr929

SUPER NATURAL
Jan 2, 2004
Oklahoma
Always apirate bro always....as for needles what tex said is great I personally use 25g 5/8 for everything

cbr929

SUPER NATURAL
Jan 2, 2004
Oklahoma
for a quad inject go about the middle up and down and hit the outside use do what tex said Use spotinjections.com its a great site

W

wolfyEVH

25g 1 inch.....sit in a chair.....put your hand to the side of your thigh....now touch your middle finger to the side of your knee, and stretch your thumb as far back towards yourself. Where your thumb is, thats about where you'll want to inject. You'll find whats the best spot after a few injections. Remember to switch from thigh to thigh every time. like cbr said, spotinjections.com is good.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
You can shoot the glutes by yourself, just take your time with it. I do them all the time without help. As far as injecting the quad, a good technique is to stand up, let your hand relax and hand to the side. Where the tip of your middle finger is at is a good spot to inject. I use 23g for everything unless its Winstrol thats thick. Then I use a 21 for it.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Like the others said...25g 1 inch works great for quads....u can inject all over the upper and outer quadrant of your quads. You can also use 25g 5/8ths for delt injections.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Damn Wolfy and Tee that spot is right on in both methods...i thought a 25 gauge was too thin i guess you could say for test E since it's oil based. Now when you aspirate the needle you draw back a little after it's inserted to see if theirs blood right? and if their is you hit a vein and should redo the inject.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
oracle said:
Damn Wolfy and Tee that spot is right on in both methods...i thought a 25 gauge was too thin i guess you could say for test E since it's oil based. Now when you aspirate the needle you draw back a little after it's inserted to see if theirs blood right? and if their is you hit a vein and should redo the inject.

This is right...the quad also seems to be the place I hit the least veins in. I have never hit a vein in all my quad injects. You should be more carefull about hitting nerves...you will feel a painfull pressure feeling when your getting close to one, this has been my experience. If u do hit one, its no big deal, you get a leg twitch. Just pull out and re-inject. Also, 25g is fine for enanthate.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
ok cool....lil nervous about doing it myself but i'll try. It's ok when you can't see it coming but damn when your doing it yourself just seems like self s&m.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
yeah, you should ALWAYS aspirate. its a good habit. dont worry too much, it'll screw you up. when you inject and you hit a vein it pretty much push it back fill up with blood on its own. but always pull back, if there are a few small bubbles don worry.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
When were talking about pinz what does these mean? Terumo and B-D syringe. Are those just the brands?

W

wolfyEVH

oracle said:
When were talking about pinz what does these mean? Terumo and B-D syringe. Are those just the brands?

yes...both are the best brands for pinz and syringes

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
oracle said:
ok cool....lil nervous about doing it myself but i'll try. It's ok when you can't see it coming but damn when your doing it yourself just seems like self s&m.
LOL. You'll get used to it. :D

P

pincrusher

my favorite injection site is the ventro gluteal site. here is an explaination about it:
The ventrogluteal site is the primary site for individuals over seven months old because there are no large nerves or blood vessels in the area. In addition, the ventrogluteal area is usually less fatty than the buttocks, meaning that more medication is administered directly to the muscle.
When the ventrogluteal site is used, the injection is made into the gluteus minimus and the gluteus medius muscles. The site is situated in a triangle within three palpable bony landmarks: the iliac crest, the anterior superior iliac crest and the greater trochanter of the femur.
THe site may be located by placing the palm of the hand on the lateral part of the greater trochanter with the index finger on the anterior superior iliac spine. Then the middle fingers are stretched dorsally as far along the iliac crest as possible. An alternative method of locating the ventrogluteal sit has been developed by Rhoda Brooke through her nursing experiences with adults and chilrdren. Whith this method it is not necessary to lay the nurs's hands on th body. Rather, the individual's anatomy is relied on more specifically. In Brooke's method, an imaginary line is drawn from the top of the iliac crest down to the trocanter. Then another line, parallel to the waistline is drawn from the anterior superior iliac spine (hip bone) to join the first line. The point of intersection is the ventrogluteal site. It is important to palpte the injection site; it should feel soft and fleshy. If it feels hard, the site is likely too close to the bone and will have to be adjusted accordingly.
An injection may be given into the ventogluteal site with the patient in a prone, supine or side-lying position. (Dugas et al., 1999, p.1153)

This is how I locate my site: I do the injection standing up in front of my mirror. I turn to the side so I can visulize the site in the mirror as well. I then find the greater trochanter (this is the top of your femur that inserts into the hip - you can find it easily by feeling around as you lift your leg up and down a bit). Once you've located that, just find the front of your pelvis on that side and follow the ridge (iliac crest) to the back. you can use your hand to guide imaginary lines that go from the two ends of the pelvis to the greater trochanter - an upside down triangle. Once you have an imaginary triangle traced find the middle. Push down in the area to ensure it is soft and not bony. If it is soft you can inject, so swab the area with alchohol, prepare your needle - I have used as small as insulin needles (I'm lean) to as large as 22 gauge and as long as 1" 1/2.
According to my drug guide you can inject as much as 5 CC at ONE TIME! in this site!

Once you guys try this site you will never want to go back to doing the dorsogluteal muscle - trust me! besides the quads, once you get your landmarking down it is the easiest site to access, and the safest, and best of all it doesn't affect any major muscles involved in walking, doing legs e.t.c.

you will feel like an injection newbie the first time you try this spot but you will fall in love with it
here also are some pictures to help you find it.
i regularly go as high as 4ml myself with this site without any problems at all.

_

Attachments

• ventrogluteal_injection_site.jpg
    ventrogluteal_injection_site.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 247
  • ventrogluteal_site__2.jpg
    ventrogluteal_site__2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 253
  • ventrogluteal_site__3.jpg
    ventrogluteal_site__3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 214
P

pincrusher

easiest way to find the site is to take your thumb and run it along the "v" of your crotch and take your first finger and run it straight down the side of your leg. the spot right will be right inside the v area where your thumb and finger meet.

W

wolfyEVH

pincrusher said:
my favorite injection site is the ventro gluteal site. here is an explaination about it:
The ventrogluteal site is the primary site for individuals over seven months old because there are no large nerves or blood vessels in the area. In addition, the ventrogluteal area is usually less fatty than the buttocks, meaning that more medication is administered directly to the muscle.
When the ventrogluteal site is used, the injection is made into the gluteus minimus and the gluteus medius muscles. The site is situated in a triangle within three palpable bony landmarks: the iliac crest, the anterior superior iliac crest and the greater trochanter of the femur.
THe site may be located by placing the palm of the hand on the lateral part of the greater trochanter with the index finger on the anterior superior iliac spine. Then the middle fingers are stretched dorsally as far along the iliac crest as possible. An alternative method of locating the ventrogluteal sit has been developed by Rhoda Brooke through her nursing experiences with adults and chilrdren. Whith this method it is not necessary to lay the nurs's hands on th body. Rather, the individual's anatomy is relied on more specifically. In Brooke's method, an imaginary line is drawn from the top of the iliac crest down to the trocanter. Then another line, parallel to the waistline is drawn from the anterior superior iliac spine (hip bone) to join the first line. The point of intersection is the ventrogluteal site. It is important to palpte the injection site; it should feel soft and fleshy. If it feels hard, the site is likely too close to the bone and will have to be adjusted accordingly.
An injection may be given into the ventogluteal site with the patient in a prone, supine or side-lying position. (Dugas et al., 1999, p.1153)

This is how I locate my site: I do the injection standing up in front of my mirror. I turn to the side so I can visulize the site in the mirror as well. I then find the greater trochanter (this is the top of your femur that inserts into the hip - you can find it easily by feeling around as you lift your leg up and down a bit). Once you've located that, just find the front of your pelvis on that side and follow the ridge (iliac crest) to the back. you can use your hand to guide imaginary lines that go from the two ends of the pelvis to the greater trochanter - an upside down triangle. Once you have an imaginary triangle traced find the middle. Push down in the area to ensure it is soft and not bony. If it is soft you can inject, so swab the area with alchohol, prepare your needle - I have used as small as insulin needles (I'm lean) to as large as 22 gauge and as long as 1" 1/2.
According to my drug guide you can inject as much as 5 CC at ONE TIME! in this site!

Once you guys try this site you will never want to go back to doing the dorsogluteal muscle - trust me! besides the quads, once you get your landmarking down it is the easiest site to access, and the safest, and best of all it doesn't affect any major muscles involved in walking, doing legs e.t.c.

you will feel like an injection newbie the first time you try this spot but you will fall in love with it
here also are some pictures to help you find it.
i regularly go as high as 4ml myself with this site without any problems at all.

_

i've heard lots about that site........supposedly the best site to inject into. might have to try it next time