©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Sore lower back

LastChance

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
So ok, I am a newbie to gear. Currently I am taking 300 mg test E / 100 mg test C / and 100 mg deca each week.

A few weeks ago I was doing deadlifts and my lower back was tight the next day. Not really any kind of severe pain, just tight and sore.

It has remained pretty much constant since. I have still done deads / squats etc. I have even gone up in weight on almost all my lifts. Some quite a bit. It is not getting any better or any worse.

I have read on here hints about lower back pain from certain compounds. I do not feel injured and don't think I need a doc. As soon as I sit or lay down the pain is gone. Usually when I stand up after a few steps it lets way up. Not the kind of pain I would associate with a strained or injured back. Maybe just looking for some reassurance?

Could the gear be causing my back to be "pumped" and tight / sore feeling for all this time?

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
My opinion its normal. When I am on a cycle and going up in weight it happens. I think it's like a pump I guess because it's only while on cycle.

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
A amateur Bodybuilder from my part of the world recently went into his doc about lower back pain. The guy went in to get some sort of muscle relaxant because he thought he was getting it from squats and deadlifts so my relaxing the muscle and giving it time to cool off he thought it would be fixed. the doc took x-rays just to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with his spine. The doc found 2 slipped discs in his lower back and his amazing muscle mass is actualy what held them half in place preventing them from slipping out all the way and causing nerve damage or partial paralysis.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Although it's possible for compounds to cause back pain, I don't think this is the case for you. You may have a minor muscle strain, but i think you just need some good old stretching. Many sports related lower back pains can be reduced or eliminated by stretching, primarily the psoas muscles. My cousin is a traveling chiropractor for the US Olympic team and advised me on this when I had this problem. Mine was from dl as well. Many good stretches on YouTube. After about a month, my pain had subsided. Hope this helps.

LastChance

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Gonna look up some stretches and try them. I really don't think that I am injured. I have strained my back in the past and it was a lot worse pain than this and almost constant. Sitting, standing, whatever it didn't matter it just hurt.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
yes its the pumps, but watch your form and possibly lifting to heavy to fast. try supplementing for bones too I think chromium or something like that.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Whenever I run tren, I have to supplement with Potassium and Taurine to keep my lower back pumps manageable.

Like Magnus said, try stretching. When I get a sore lower back, I take 800mg Ibuprofin with food or milk. If all else fails, you can try supplementing with potassium and taurine.

fastron75

Jan 4, 2013
You can also ice it after training and heat too .. that pain is a warning sign so pay attention or you could end up with spinal fusion like me . I pushed thru this kind of stuff when I was younger and one day I hurt it and it never healed .. good luck

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I get soreness from doing heavy lifting too. Just take some ibuprofen before the gym and you are good to go. Lately I've seen studies that a lot back injuries that people have is really just mental. They really aren't injuries. Look up "Healing Back Pain" by Dr John Sarno.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
You gotta stretch out your hammys via foam roller .. Also start incorporating lower back strengthening excises as goodmornings, back hyperextension bench, and also some ab work ,situps, knee ups etc ,to have a rounded overall strong core..
I'd have girlfriend rub more. She doesn't do anything else. :)

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
You gotta stretch out your hammys via foam roller .. Also start incorporating lower back strengthening excises as goodmornings, back hyperextension bench, and also some ab work ,situps, knee ups etc ,to have a rounded overall strong core..
I'd have girlfriend rub more. She doesn't do anything else. :)

Foam rollers are the ticket.

LastChance

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
I took the weekend off from the gym to see if it made any difference. My back does feel better this morning. Maybe I did just go a bit too hard. Gonna get back at it tonight and see how it feels.