©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cholesterol

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Good read. I have horrible Cholesteral issues (if the U.S. standard stays true) If dont take 4800 mgs. of fish oil daily my HDL drops to single digits and the LDL jumps. DR. has me on Simvastatin 40 mgs. daily which really helps. My last reading was 185, the DR. was very happy, since I am a large man and eat a ton of protein like the rest of us in here.

I believe the real criminal to our bloods (for most people) is the processed foods and surgars americans eat. We as fitness/bodybuilders need alot of calories which when eating healthy is a ton of food. We all know guys who can eat Burgers and Pizza and nothing happens. Those people I call A-Holes! just because im jealous. I believe the cholesterol "science" has a ways to go yet, as supported in the attached article.

Thanks Bob for the post.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Yep. Very good article. I'd be dead by now of that cholesterol stuff the government preaches were true. I eat at least 6 whole eggs a day and a shit ton of meat, cheese, and whole milk. When your at Walmart next time, check out the baskets attached to the scooters those big fat people are driving around. Usually, it is full sugar sodas, cookies, chips, etc. They didn't get like that from eating too many whole eggs and drinking too much milk. Lol

Last edited:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Yes Sugar and all the refined stuff is the real killer. So many variables go into heart disease and obesity. Easy access to food, sedentary lifestyles,automation and climate control. Times have changed.