©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lower Back Injuries and Juice

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
I keep pulling lower back usually once to twice a year. Sometimes it's a dead lift, squat, or the past two have simply been playing a sport and twisting the wrong way.

Should I avoid squats now too? I already can't do dead lifts. What can I do to strengthen core to avoid future issues?

This is putting a major damper in my lifting..sitting me out months at a time.

I am.3 weeks into my Sust @ 500mgs per week. I refuse to mess this cycle up as my last back injury did with 4 weeks left.

Will the juice help recovery..should I lift and just stay in slots of seated exercises.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Not sure of your age , training history. etc. If I kept screwing my back up 2x year i would figure either I'm causing it or a physical defect is causing it.
Find out why the glass back and do what needs to be done to correct.
Good luck, T

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
post your stats. you definitely need to address the issue here because any upper body weight you put on is only going to add more stress to your already stressed back.

VP

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Get a foam roller. Learn how to stretch and massage your psoas muscle. Also a stronger core. Those things will help with back strains and pains. I have a lower back issue for years and its slowly going away, found out it was my psoas that was bothering me more than anything. Couldnt squat or DL

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Glass back? Lmao.. Ts off the hook.
Start by building core up by seated crunches on a machine if available , lower back hyperextenstions. Light weight good mornings , ball sit-ups , basically anything to build muscle around the spine and lower back and abs/ obliques. Plenty to see on You tube brutha.. .. Glass back!! I'm still laughen . Not at u getswull.FYI ..
Also Sus to me is a bad choice for a singular compound or first cycle due to the roller coaster effect of ester lengths if not cycled with something else. .. More stats like age etc would be helpful too bro..

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
In addition to building up your core muscles, it sounds like you might need to focus more on your erector spinae, think back thickness exercise.

Hit heavy rack deads from mid-shin, do plate loaded back extensions, seated good mornings, heavy close grip low cable rows, and other rowing exercises that force you to stabilize your torso, like the way Dorian Yates does BB rows.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
My back gives me problems when I neglect ab work and flexability.
Hope you find what will help you. You can overcome those bad injuries.
Hey I want to check out the foam roller thing . My wifes neck and backs always messed up. Thanks.. T

chinadragon

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
strengthen core and abs. Warm up thoroughly. Pre exhause your quads with extenstions etc so that you don't have to use as heavy a weight with squats. Same with deads. My lower back use to do the same.

Warm up extensively especially the lower back area. Get some blood in there and do stretching. That psoas muscle in the lower back is one of the major pblm areas. It needs to be warms up and stretched...alot. Train smarter, leave that ego at the door!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
My back gives me problems when I neglect ab work and flexability.
Hope you find what will help you. You can overcome those bad injuries.
Hey I want to check out the foam roller thing . My wifes neck and backs always messed up. Thanks.. T

Turbo, check out "performbetter.com" and get one of the dense rollers.

You may also want to try using a tennis ball or golf ball to get real deep into specific areas and target small muscles.

Being that I work with Scott Stevenson who is licensed to practice traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), I also use certain herbal mixtures, creams oils and liniments for pulled muscles.

Hell, several days ago I actually heard my hamstring pop when doing glut ham raises and treated it using TCM and today I was already good enough to do cardio. It got black and blue bad and within two days of treating it the pain and black and blue subsided.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Lower back problems can also be caused tight hamstrings. Been there. Work on hamstring flexibility too.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Thanks to everybody for the advice.

STATS
27 yrs old
6ft flat
205lbs
On 5th cycle Sust 500mgs per week for 13 weeks. (Catching up to 215 lbs before last back injury)

*I do squats last after exhausting legs and I go super light and deep 4 sets of 8-10
* lots of ab machines BC core ball training gets to back before abs burn out
- only been on abs 3 weeks now and love the stability and strength so it should definitely help with back issues in time
* anything for back I can do seated with chest pad I do. No DL nor back extensions at all yet.

Been to Doctor every time back pulls. No nerve damage or reason for MRI or surgery. He says I am young enough to strengthen it in due time. Usually it will pull after workout if I go play soccer, football, anything running with fast movements. So I'm at the age where I'm putting gym first and cutting that stuff out until I have strong stability in back again