©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

"The Law" finding u because of your Avatar/Signature pics

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
This is for EVERYONES safety but also towards NORBIT.

I heard on the radio of a program that someone is making/did make.
Its a program that gathers ALL of someones info/pics/away messages/etc....which anyone(Law Enforcement) can use to locate a person.
They say Law Enforcement can use the "corordinates" that each cell phone "stamps" onto the pictures.

I never knew this.

And NORBIT....correct me if im wrong and feel free to add to this or explain.
im not sure if cameras do this...but i know cell phones do.

So advice to u guys....

Dont post any personal pic tht u took with yur cell phone

norbit09

AnaSCI VET
Jul 14, 2012
Seattle
Rory posted on this subject somewhere and I did too it was about posting pics from your cell phone. I will check where it was posted..

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Lukifer, The whole concept is known as geotagging. With photos stored in JPEG file format, the geotag information is typically embedded in the metadata (stored in Exchangeable image file format (EXIF) or Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) format). These data are not visible in the picture itself but are read and written by special programs and most digital cameras and modern scanners. Latitude and longitude are stored in units of degrees with decimals.

This geotag information can be read by many programs, a lot of which are open source and available to anyone.

What you can do is get a metadata removal tool or metadata scrubber, which will remove the metadata from the image before it is published.

norbit09

AnaSCI VET
Jul 14, 2012
Seattle
Yup thats right AA thanks.

Lukifer, The whole concept is known as geotagging. With photos stored in JPEG file format, the geotag information is typically embedded in the metadata (stored in Exchangeable image file format (EXIF) or Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) format). These data are not visible in the picture itself but are read and written by special programs and most digital cameras and modern scanners. Latitude and longitude are stored in units of degrees with decimals.

This geotag information can be read by many programs, a lot of which are open source and available to anyone.

What you can do is get a metadata removal tool or metadata scrubber, which will remove the metadata from the image before it is published.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Posted by Rory:

http://www.anasci.org/vB/safety-precautions/28789-safety-precautions.html

Bring on the cell phone world..... Similar to what is done above in communication is Wickr. I love wickr and use it to communicate to people all the time. It runs strictly data, everything encrypted, and I can send you a message that will delete off your phone in a time frame I set. So that if someone reads it an forgets to delete it, it will already be deleted. Great for discussing issues with a client you dont see too often.

For the record, every call you make on your phones and sms messages can be used against you in court. Even triangulation of your location can be used to support evidence in court. Most smartphones document all this and some even have been put to light. FBI using Carrier IQ info for “law enforcement purposes,” refuses to release records | Ars Technica

Pictures. Geotagging is alot to explain so you can read about here. Consumer Smart: GeoTag and Craigslist Check Scam - YouTube Simply put some phones and cameras will "tag" your pictures with coordinates that can be used to locate you. Now depending on what type of phone your using their are apps to download (deoGeo for iphone is a good one) for free which will remove the geotag off the picture before you post it. My point here is taking pics of yourself after talking about your use and or taking pics of gear and posting them on forums is asking for trouble from law enforcement.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Sry guys....didnt really search well to know im just repeating....

But thank you!!

Its amazing what many dont know about.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Who wants to go off the grid with me?

Raise some livestock, grow some produce, build a badass gym....walk around naked......wait, what?

norbit09

AnaSCI VET
Jul 14, 2012
Seattle
Just one last thing to add over at PM someone posted pics of there gear and did not not bother to rename pics before uploading. This is what it shows below

Type: jpg gabes phone pics 184.jpg (289.2 KB, 8 views)

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Just one last thing to add over at PM someone posted pics of there gear and did not not bother to rename pics before uploading. This is what it shows below

Type: jpg gabes phone pics 184.jpg (289.2 KB, 8 views)

O boy....

Pretty much like this....

"my name is john smith and i live at 1313 mockingbird lane."

Lol