©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Start Prep/End Prep Pic

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Just posting up a couple pics from right before starting a prep to just a few days prior to getting on stage. This is just a hobby for me--something keep the competitive juices flowing (family comes first). As with most things in life, hard work and dedication pays off...

Not necessarily great pics, but there is a pretty good contrast there (I think). 240-ish in the beginning to 196-ish in the end of prep...

Did not compete this year and considering competing next year...will see what happens...

-s

Attachments

• Before_240.jpg
    Before_240.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Ready4Show_x.jpg
    Ready4Show_x.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Looking great slide! Really lean!

Thanks, bro. I appreciate it.

Very nice Slide! How long was your prep?

Hey brotha...thank you...that was 18 weeks. I have done 16/18/20 and 20 weeks preps...and looking back, I think 20 was too long (as I think I was ready to go @ 18 weeks...but that was my fault)...so, next time I will keep it 16-18, but probably no longer than that.

-s

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey brotha...thank you...that was 18 weeks. I have done 16/18/20 and 20 weeks preps...and looking back, I think 20 was too long (as I think I was ready to go @ 18 weeks...but that was my fault)...so, next time I will keep it 16-18, but probably no longer than that.

-s

Dang! I try to stay on the leaner side and have never really had to go longer than 10 weeks... Last year I started at 11 weeks out and was ready by 3 weeks out (did a mock run) and just took it easy going into the show, which was nice as it gave us time to fine tune carb loading and drying out strategies.

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks, guys.

@Mental...My last prep, even though was 20 weeks, my diet didn't chg the entire time (only cycled the cardio). The prep before that, 18 weeks, diet/cardio didn't chg until 13 weeks out (stayed with off-season diet until then). So, take that for what its worth. I like to circle the date and 'focus'--no cheating/drinking, etc during that time period...

-s

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks, again...probably the best I have looked. Ended up taking the novice and finishing 2nd in the Open for that show...couldn't have been happier with how things turned out there.

And yeah, it is pretty crazy how getting lean makes you seem like you are much bigger and weigh much more. I love going the amusement parks and having them guess my weight...they are normally way off...

-s

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Thanks, guys.

@Mental...My last prep, even though was 20 weeks, my diet didn't chg the entire time (only cycled the cardio). The prep before that, 18 weeks, diet/cardio didn't chg until 13 weeks out (stayed with off-season diet until then). So, take that for what its worth. I like to circle the date and 'focus'--no cheating/drinking, etc during that time period...

-s

I follow the same protocol when prepping, NO CHEATS ALLOWED. It's all or nothing with me.

Thanks, again...probably the best I have looked. Ended up taking the novice and finishing 2nd in the Open for that show...couldn't have been happier with how things turned out there.

And yeah, it is pretty crazy how getting lean makes you seem like you are much bigger and weigh much more. I love going the amusement parks and having them guess my weight...they are normally way off...

-s

That's good to hear man! Congrats on your placings:headbang:

That's the only time I clean up at the fair too. Gotta love it!

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks A...if I am going to set aside damn near six months for dieting, etc...I am going to go into it not looking for any excuses at the end. For me, that's the only way to do it.

And yeah, youll see me walking around with one of those big ass overstuffed animals in one hand, and my daughter in the other...hahha

-s