©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Torn gastrocnemius

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I have a major tear. Went to the Dr. Had a sonogram to rule out a blood clot. It's been 7 days and the leg is bruised badly due to bleeding. He said all I can do is keep it elevated and go back to work with crutches. Any cancellation f you guys deal with this before. This shit really sucks. 
c82f557be382cad308ffdd3d5218484f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
That sux bro. Looks bad, is it painful?
Not painful now. Felt like I was stabbed behind the knee . Just swollen and now the leg is yellow and black and blue. It's doing better already. I have to stop ignoring pain.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I have to stop ignoring pain.

You and me both. In my 20's I could ignore it for a couple days and it would go away. Now it seems like every time something hurts I need physical therapy or surgery. Getting old sux. I want a do-over.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
That's an injury that I'm not real familiar with. Sounds painful! Is it the type of tear that will require surgery?

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
i got my leg torn off.....
Well at least you dont have to do squat day ;)

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Sorry to hear about this BB! I hate hearing about serious injuries...all the hard work people put in, like Psych who competes in powerlifting, a bodybuilder or a bodybuilding enthusiast...years of hard work and then it's back to square one! I'm having more cervical fusion being done in the near future.

All of us can use Psych as our inspiration...that guy went through ringer and look at him now!

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
if its just a bad tear it will heal just with some scar tissue. Stretch it and keep it mobile so the tissue grows "as good as it gets". Can that shit WILL tear again...but it's just the scar tissue popping. I just popped the scar tissue in my right pec. I talk about it on my log, but tears aren't that bad. Badge of honor in powerlifting LOL

torn right pec once
left pec twice, once in the middle and then the insertion(under delt)
Torn right abdomen muscle wrestling...bleed out till almost my knees were purple...
Torn right bicep small tear with just a small bleed out, was going for a 782 deadlift

That muscle you have torn, is one I had carved off. If you need a foot drop brace, cause that muscle WONT PLANTAR FLEX. you cant even notice them under pants or anything. The bracde is small but will always ahve to wear your shoes.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
That's an injury that I'm not real familiar with. Sounds painful! Is it the type of tear that will require surgery?
No it's not severe enough.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
This looks so bad, for the swelling did you try using the hot water bag?
Dr. Said to just elevate and stay off it for a week. Said it was too late for ice.....

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
i got my leg torn off.....
Well at least you dont have to do squat day ;)
I hurt it doing hamstring curls......No legs for a few weeks!

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
if its just a bad tear it will heal just with some scar tissue. Stretch it and keep it mobile so the tissue grows "as good as it gets". Can that shit WILL tear again...but it's just the scar tissue popping. I just popped the scar tissue in my right pec. I talk about it on my log, but tears aren't that bad. Badge of honor in powerlifting LOL

torn right pec once
left pec twice, once in the middle and then the insertion(under delt)
Torn right abdomen muscle wrestling...bleed out till almost my knees were purple...
Torn right bicep small tear with just a small bleed out, was going for a 782 deadlift

That muscle you have torn, is one I had carved off. If you need a foot drop brace, cause that muscle WONT PLANTAR FLEX. you cant even notice them under pants or anything. The bracde is small but will always ahve to wear your shoes.
Holy shit. Thanks for the advice. I'm already mobile and off crutches. It's still swollen as hell. No pain!? Just feels like a big knot under the skin.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
WHAT WERE YOU DOING ON THE HAMSTRING? sorry for the caps. I mean like reps,sets,weight, was it hurting already, did you go beast mode and just have a tear.....

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
WHAT WERE YOU DOING ON THE HAMSTRING? sorry for the caps. I mean like reps,sets,weight, was it hurting already, did you go beast mode and just have a tear.....

I'm real curious to know as well. Maybe its something I can learn to avoid and even teach my clients.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I was on the seated reverse leg curl machine repping with moderate weight. I have been working thru knee/ joint problems. I felt some tightness in that area but I think between the mk and anavar I may have felt like I could do more? [emoji6]
So much better after 2 weeks. Color is returning and I can walk almost normal. Funny thing is I was stretching through the leg workout. Go figure.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
stretching and lifting heavy at the same time equals tears.

Did the var give you gas or anything? like gas bloat. PM me

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
stretching and lifting heavy at the same time equals tears.

Did the var give you gas or anything? like gas bloat. PM me
Never even thought of that. Pm sent

BenTheBuilder10

Mar 3, 2017
I have a major tear. Went to the Dr. Had a sonogram to rule out a blood clot. It's been 7 days and the leg is bruised badly due to bleeding. He said all I can do is keep it elevated and go back to work with crutches. Any cancellation f you guys deal with this before. This shit really sucks. 
c82f557be382cad308ffdd3d5218484f.jpg

How is it now mate? Look painful