©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Another new guy.

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say whats up. I'm 40 years old and got into powerlifting a couple years ago. I don't seem to be making gains the way I would like to and I'm getting jealous seeing all these kids come to the gym, eat like shit, train half-assed and still get huge. I'm thinking that I may need to change my game up so I'm here to learn what I can.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Welcome. May I say, lets get everything else right before starting any PED's.

By that I mean, training, diet and sleep.

I was/am a hard gainer. Stayed the same for years. Wasn't till I learned to eat properly before I started making gains. And I was 48 at that time.

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
Your right Sandpig, I'm taking my time with this. My training is solid. Got a lot of strong people at my gym that have helped me with it in the past two years. Sleep is great, typically I get 8-9 hours a night. I just tuned in my diet in the last six months or so though, I'll get you the macros later if you want. I'm thinking that could still be the weak link. If I do decide to do anything aas wise, it won't be for a good long while, at least a year, until I have exhausted all other avenues and done a shit ton of research. Again, seeing all these young cats at my gym get so strong so fast makes me think that they may have some hormonal advantage that I am lacking due to the late age at which I started training. Thanks for the reply.

And thanks to all the folks who gave me a welcome, it is much appreciated!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
As far as macros goes the biggest thing I've learned in the last couple years?
Lots of clean carbs.
I'm only 200 lbs and eat up to 500 grams per day.
And I'm well over that on cheat meal day
Probably well over 500 just in the pizza I eat every Thursday

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say whats up. I'm 40 years old and got into powerlifting a couple years ago. I don't seem to be making gains the way I would like to and I'm getting jealous seeing all these kids come to the gym, eat like shit, train half-assed and still get huge. I'm thinking that I may need to change my game up so I'm here to learn what I can.

Your at the right place. :welcome: