©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Eating before Workout info..?

Arnie

Jan 13, 2006
Hey All.

Just wanted to ask a simple question .. well the deal is ive started my afternoon shifts again at work so i'll be starting my workouts early this time at around 11am . so is it ok to eat breakfast then go straight to the gym.. my breakfast is pretty much 4 eggs maybe crieal, protein shake with milk and creatine.. is this ok.. my breakfast is between 10-10:30 then head to the gym.. just trying to get maximal results.. Thanx in Advanced :)

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I usually carb load before a workout. There are many theories concerning this but I don't eat alot of protein before a workout because I don't want to waste it as energy while I'm working out.

Arnie

Jan 13, 2006
True.. well if i have a can of baked beans as well that has plenty of gud carbs and fibre would this be ok before workout.. :confused: :eek:

W

wolfyEVH

Arnie said:
True.. well if i have a can of baked beans as well that has plenty of gud carbs and fibre would this be ok before workout.. :confused: :eek:

i'd feel sorry for the guy spotting you on squats

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
Arnie said:
Hey All.

Just wanted to ask a simple question .. well the deal is ive started my afternoon shifts again at work so i'll be starting my workouts early this time at around 11am . so is it ok to eat breakfast then go straight to the gym.. my breakfast is pretty much 4 eggs maybe crieal, protein shake with milk and creatine.. is this ok.. my breakfast is between 10-10:30 then head to the gym.. just trying to get maximal results.. Thanx in Advanced :)

Do you drink a shake after you workout or do you go straright to work? Your muscles need the protein directly after a workout. Save your shake and just eat a bagel with some peanut butter and a huge class of milk for breakfast.

Arnie

Jan 13, 2006
yes i have a shake after my workout and my creatine i have work later in the afternoon ...

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
I always workout after breakfast, about 1hr after. It works better for me than eating immediately before. I feel I get more out of my workouts early in the day.

Arnie

Jan 13, 2006
Yeh Yesterday i felt great .. stronger or something in da morning :D going well .. well im off to da gym laterz thanks again .!