©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Surgeries or injuries

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Just wondering since we are all athletes in one way or another how many surgeries or major injuries everyone has had? No I'm not sadistic. Its just always a good discussion between people who are athletes in one way or another.

I've had a total of 9 surgeries: Ankle x2, knee, back x2, shoulders x4.

Didn't really mind those. Worst thing really that I hated was getting 88 stitches across my face from a seizure of all things....AR....

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Never had a surgery from an injury. I've been really lucky in that regard. I've had multiple back injuries that will probably require surgery at some point in the future, though. So I've got that to look forward to.

I've actually never broken a bone in my life, either. I didn't get stitches for the first time until i was 18 or 19, I believe.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
Only real hospital trip for me was flipping a car end over end at 140 ......was an interesting ride.....the path it took through the wood made a new drive......I'd like to have knocked the shit out of the idiot driving but oh well shit happens when your young......only bone ever broke.....had pins in my foot was on crutches and couldn't walk right for about 16 weeks

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
140!!!! Damn....You are one lucky son of a gun brother!!!! I dont even think Ive ever been in a car doing 140. Wow what a feeling that had to be. I can't even imagine that....AR....

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
It might sound weird but it felt like skydiving in slow motion if that makes since......kind of just floating waiting for the impact

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Only real hospital trip for me was flipping a car end over end at 140 ......was an interesting ride.....the path it took through the wood made a new drive......I'd like to have knocked the shit out of the idiot driving but oh well shit happens when your young......only bone ever broke.....had pins in my foot was on crutches and couldn't walk right for about 16 weeks

That's nuts! :eek:

I've had seven surgeries including broken femur, cancer (intestine) and two spinal fusion just to name a few. I've also had a dislocated jaw, broken fingers, toes, nose, and a fractured thoracic vertebrae which just happened at the end of 2015...spent 3 1/2 months in a back brace.

Actually, starting in April 2014, I had 4 surgeries in 16 months...three of the four were the intestine surgery, a two level lumbar fusion, then a two level cervical fusion...then the fractured vertebrae three months after the cervical fusion...good times! LOL!!

I also had my tonsils out...when I was 30! That was really F#*@ing miserable! Hahaha!!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Ortho stuff... Right elbow, both shoulders, both knees, 2-level neck fusion and double hernia. Should I include 3 biopsies and 2 cancer surgeries? LOL Holy shit.

Hey! We are living our lives. Fuck that couch potato thing. :headbang:

Last edited:

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Ya, tonsils as an adult is no joke ! Feels like getting your throat torched with a flame thrower for a week :D

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Man, a couple of you guys have gone through it. I have only had left shoulder ( from pitching my whole life) right shoulder ( from the iron pile), right knee from jogging. Appendix (contained a carcinoid tumor) lastley, a heart procedure from cronic A-fib. God, I hope thats the end of it.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Man, a couple of you guys have gone through it. I have only had left shoulder ( from pitching my whole life) right shoulder ( from the iron pile), right knee from jogging. Appendix (contained a carcinoid tumor) lastley, a heart procedure from cronic A-fib. God, I hope thats the end of it.

What kind of surgery did u have for your A-Fib? Was medication not controlling it?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Just wondering since we are all athletes in one way or another how many surgeries or major injuries everyone has had? No I'm not sadistic. Its just always a good discussion between people who are athletes in one way or another.

I've had a total of 9 surgeries: Ankle x2, knee, back x2, shoulders x4.

Didn't really mind those. Worst thing really that I hated was getting 88 stitches across my face from a seizure of all things....AR....

Ive been VERY fortunate,,,up until recently. I have an injury now that may require surgery and a long lay off from training. A possible herniated disc in my neck.