©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Diuretic overload and 43 muffins

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Another video thread but I found this interesting. I have followed Luke Sandoe for a few years and consider him a no bullshit straight talking guy. Good sense of humour and doesn't take himself too seriously. He nearly died recently and they mentioned he is going on the show soon to mention some details.

He didn't appreciate the way Chris Aceto didn't acknowledge things and to me it shows a lot. He said he was himself to blame as he followed the advice but was at the end of the day listening to his coach. The coaches advice was 1 week out lasix :)o) then aldactone and then even dyazide to top things off. No wonder he nearly died due to insane levels of potassium.

The another guy on the show even mentions how Chris tried something similar with him and had him eating 42 muffins in 1 day as he couldn't fill out. Luke basically stated he doesn't have a clue about diuretics and just threw everything in there hoping it would work in the end.

I hear these stories a lot and it's no wonder so many bodybuilders these days are having issues. Plus Aceto is considered a fairly low drug guy compared to the others. I figured I would post the video as it's a good listen if you are on the comp working etc.

43 ENGLISH MUFFINS - YouTube

Thoughts?

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I am surprised by that. Very dangerous messing with potassium like that. I would have thought they should have known and been prepared but I guess not. Curious if he tried something similar with Regan has he dropped a massive amount of weight for a show recently.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
Another video thread but I found this interesting. I have followed Luke Sandoe for a few years and consider him a no bullshit straight talking guy. Good sense of humour and doesn't take himself too seriously. He nearly died recently and they mentioned he is going on the show soon to mention some details.

He didn't appreciate the way Chris Aceto didn't acknowledge things and to me it shows a lot. He said he was himself to blame as he followed the advice but was at the end of the day listening to his coach. The coaches advice was 1 week out lasix :)o) then aldactone and then even dyazide to top things off. No wonder he nearly died due to insane levels of potassium.

The another guy on the show even mentions how Chris tried something similar with him and had him eating 42 muffins in 1 day as he couldn't fill out. Luke basically stated he doesn't have a clue about diuretics and just threw everything in there hoping it would work in the end.

I hear these stories a lot and it's no wonder so many bodybuilders these days are having issues. Plus Aceto is considered a fairly low drug guy compared to the others. I figured I would post the video as it's a good listen if you are on the comp working etc.

43 ENGLISH MUFFINS - YouTube

Thoughts?

I have a feeling there are a lot more close calls than those we hear about. A lot of guys are probably embarrassed or don't want to throw their coach under the bus, so they never come forward.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I have a feeling there are a lot more close calls than those we hear about. A lot of guys are probably embarrassed or don't want to throw their coach under the bus, so they never come forward.

I agree. I have heard of similar stories. Although I had never heard one regarding Chris Aceto so that did surprise me but not sure why it did. People don't get into the best shape ever at that level taking it easy. I have heard of a few what would be considered health minded coaches who have put people on intense diuretic protocols. When you see these people bone dry and crazy looking there is obviously a reason for it. Diet is everything and they suffer but for some you can see other elements are in place. The worst are when you hear about guys not drinking water for 3+ days for shows.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I enjoyed that. It sounds like he just tried throwing everything hoping one would finally work with no real plan. Extremes are needed for extreme results but that diuretic cycle is stupid and very dangerous.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I am surprised by that. Very dangerous messing with potassium like that. I would have thought they should have known and been prepared but I guess not. Curious if he tried something similar with Regan has he dropped a massive amount of weight for a show recently.

Good point. Everyone was shocked he managed to drop that weight but running strong diuretics from one week out would definitely help so he may have done something similar.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Nothing surprises me in bodybuilding anymore. The big guys have to go to extreme lengths to look like they do. On top of that they lose contracts if they don't perform well so everything rides on the way they look.