©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Carrier oils ( caloric value ? )

nalojeff

Aug 6, 2013
It’s my understanding that carrier oils are metabolized by our bodies and being that they are lipids with 9 calories per gram , they must have a caloric value yes ?
Think about it. If your shooting 3 cc’s 3 times a week that’s a lot of calories I don’t hear of anyone accounting for. Perhaps I’m completely wrong I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I was always of the understanding that in order for oils to be metabolized for caloric value, they would need to pass through the digestive tract. There are of course metabolic pathways in the body that allow lean muscle tissue and adipose tissue to be broken down for caloric value, but those pathways are normally dormant and are only activated under very specific circumstances.

What’s your understsnding for how the oils are metabolized for caloric value without ever entering the digestive tract? I’m not saying it isn’t possible, just that I don’t quite see how it is normally being accomplished.

nalojeff

Aug 6, 2013
When we inject vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and narcotics they get fully absorbed.
I always read that the body metabolizes the carrier oil in injectable steroids. Metabolize it how? Thru the Krebs cycle ? And if not where does it go. We don’t see it in our stool or secreting thru our skin.

If it’s not oxidized which would produce heat and ATP giving it a caloric value than how does it exit the body ?

nalojeff

Aug 6, 2013
Think about the guys using SEO’s. How does all that eventually exit the body ? I never herd stories about oil poring out of guys asses or skin sweating pure oil or anything like that so it must be getting oxidized yeah? I really just don’t have an understanding of it. Was hoping someone way smarter than me did.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I was always of the understanding that in order for oils to be metabolized for caloric value, they would need to pass through the digestive tract. There are of course metabolic pathways in the body that allow lean muscle tissue and adipose tissue to be broken down for caloric value, but those pathways are normally dormant and are only activated under very specific circumstances.

What’s your understsnding for how the oils are metabolized for caloric value without ever entering the digestive tract? I’m not saying it isn’t possible, just that I don’t quite see how it is normally being accomplished.

This is what I have always thought. I guess it still has to come out like everything but if it's not going through the digestive system the calories from the oils aren't used by the body.

nalojeff

Aug 6, 2013
If it’s not being oxidized then how is our bodies eliminating it. Because if it’s being eliminated thru our stool I’m sure we would see that like when taking a fat blocker line Orlistat Alli

gogotren

Banned
Apr 10, 2013
1 milliliter of oil is equal to 0.57 grams. So 9ml of oil would be 5.13 grams x 9 kcal and your getting crushed with 46 kcal per week from your injections. Your gonna be just fine