©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What do you eat as a pre-workout meal?

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Was wondering what everybody's pre-workout meal is...or something close to it?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
1 hour before 50 grams peptopro mixed into a glass of OJ
15 minutes before 3/4cup cream of rice /1ts peanutbutter/3 ts of chocolate LBA's
I then inject 25iu Humalog
100 mgs TNE
1 anadol 50
Go to gym
I also drink a MD drink during training.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Was wondering what everybody's pre-workout meal is...or something close to it?

About an hour out I have 1 cup of Oats and 1 cup of Grits
mixed in about 6oz of milk with fruit,,,typically banana or berries.
My commute to the gym I have a STRONG 16oz cup of Coffee.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I seen this about a year ago from either John Meadows or Shelby Starnes, can't remember which. 3/4c baby rice cereal, 1 scoop protein powder, a little chocolate syrup, and enough milk or water to form a paste. Heat for 1 minute and consume 45min before training. Immediately before training I have a banana and on leg day I throw in a poptart.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
It changes all the time. But usually a smoothie consisting off spinach, pineapple, lemon, oats, whey protein and water.

Other times maybe 4 whole eggs and some cereal.

The other day I had a full English breakfast with a latte and had a great workout afterwards :D

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
Two scoops Muscle provider
1/3 cup oats
6oz applesauce

One scoop c4

raj, what is Muscle Provider? Is all that made into a drink?

I seen this about a year ago from either John Meadows or Shelby Starnes, can't remember which. 3/4c baby rice cereal, 1 scoop protein powder, a little chocolate syrup, and enough milk or water to form a paste. Heat for 1 minute and consume 45min before training. Immediately before training I have a banana and on leg day I throw in a poptart.

Yea, I love that meal and it is usually what I will try to consume as my pre-workout meal too. Sometimes it's hard for me to walk over to the breakroom that time of the day because we are usually pretty busy, but if I can, I try to make it.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

JM is where I got my rice pudding meal from.
The trick is getting the water amount correct. Could be too watery or mud.

I think the key is having a nutrient rich blood flow and the correct type of carbs to deliver it.

CG

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
when i'm pulling over 700 on the deadlift off the floor my pre work out is

2 whoppers from bk
30mg dbol
low carb monster
50mg test suspension

normally i just have 4-6 eggs, in a bowel with mixed potatoes, sour cream, cheese, and salsa. with lots of milk.

then i have a meal half way through my work out cause training sheiko in meet prep can take 3-4 hrs.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
JM is where I got my rice pudding meal from.
The trick is getting the water amount correct. Could be too watery or mud.

I think the key is having a nutrient rich blood flow and the correct type of carbs to deliver it.

CG
I think your entirely correct. I tried the slower digesting carbs but just didnt feel as good as the faster acting ones. I really like what I do now would say it's similar to yours. I like the poptart on leg night though. Works fast and squats are my first exercise. I do like the mix of moderate and fast carbs, a sustenon of carbs so to speak.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
For me it's just what I'm hungry for. Most of the time the wife makes my son pancakes and I end up putting peanut butter on them and finishing them off so they don't go to waste. I'm looking to order some man cakes. I still haven't found a local store to sell them. :-(

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
My newest concoction is 3-4 tbsp maca powder, 1 tbsp chia seed, 1 tbsp raw honey, 2 whole eggs plus two extra yokes, vanilla almond/coconut milk, few ice cubes, blended up in the nutrininja......BOOMSHAKALAKA

3-4 tablespoons of maca is the closest thing I've ever felt to test prop and the effects seem to last for a couple days...my new favorite sup

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2015
midwest
Early morning 1 cup oats, 1 scoop nitro tech in 8 Oz skim milk and 6 egg whites/1 yellow

afternoon: 4 McChickens plain and 1 scoop of nitro tech in 8 Oz of Skim milk and whatever oral I'm running at the time

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
Thanks everybody for sharing, it's always good to read up on some new ideas. I work in a clinic setting so at that point in the day, the last hour before I am off, it gets pretty hectic on time to even get 5-10 minute to slam something down. If I get time, I usually eat the JM/Shelby concoction with the cream of rice, or i'll have a quick meal replacement bar (or two), or i'll just slam down a whey shake mixed with usually almond milk or water and some fruit and powdered oats with some cocao added in.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Im the only one who cant eat before a workout?
If I have a meal or anything other than something liquid within an hour or an hour and a half of working out I get sluggish and cant get a solid workout in.
Have never liked eating preworkout of any type unless its 2+ hours before hand.

MikeRoss

Dec 4, 2014
1 1/2 hr pre work out

coffee w/ vanilla lba'so

1cup oatmeal
1 cup egg whites
3 whole eggs
1/2 banana
*blend well
Prepare as a pancake and smother it with vanilla lba's or 1 tbs maple syrup

45 min before
Beef protein isolate protein shake