©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Running Companion

healthywitch

Jun 21, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I am planning to take my Labrador for an early walk on a regular basis, but I was wondering if I would use a dog collar or a harness. I made a couple of research over the internet and have seen these beautiful dog leashes. Which among these products would you highly recommend?

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
A harness would be ideal. The collar could end up being a choking hazard crushing his wind pipe. It does not take a lot of force to do it.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I use the Kong leather harness for my dogs...They get walked nightly and the boy likes to pull so the harness is much better then him choking himself out getting too excited.

Ragnor

Jul 9, 2017
I use the Kong leather harness for my dogs...They get walked nightly and the boy likes to pull so the harness is much better then him choking himself out getting too excited.
I have always used a harness on mine which are excellent.Were would I find the Kong leather harness at.I have a big pit and the nylon don't hold so well,was going to get a custom leather one made but if can buy one would rather do.Appreciate any help.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Here on the west coast of America we have petsmart and petco. Amazon would have them. Kong is the best for sure.

Ragnor

Jul 9, 2017
Here on the west coast of America we have petsmart and petco. Amazon would have them. Kong is the best for sure.
I go to Petsmart to buy Built-Jack dog food but never looked into anything else they carry,Thanks.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Same on the East Coast for Petsmart and Petco...Kong seems to be one of their featured brands, but you can probably find a larger selection of their harnesses online?!

I have two Alaskan Klee Kai...So always good to have something easily adjustable for the times of the season where they're starting to shed and are thick as shit!

Ragnor

Jul 9, 2017
Same on the East Coast for Petsmart and Petco...Kong seems to be one of their featured brands, like you can probably find a larger selection of their harnesses online?!

I have two Alaskan Klee Kai...So always good to have something easily adjustable for the times of the season where they're starting to shed and thick as shit!
Very rare breed of dog in my parts.Had 2 when growing up great dogs,very awesome haven't heard anyone mention that breed in a long time.

readyset

Feb 17, 2014
I used a harness and leash made from paracord for my Bernese Mountain Dog. Strong and flexible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk