©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Howdy

effigious

Jun 22, 2011
Whats up all? I've been reading stuff on these forums for a while trying to soak up some knowledge. I thought it was time to say hi. I'm primarily a powerlifter so I'm mostly interested in strength. But I'd like to keep a respectable physique as well.

There's definitely a lot of good info on here.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Whats up all? I've been reading stuff on these forums for a while trying to soak up some knowledge. I thought it was time to say hi. I'm primarily a powerlifter so I'm mostly interested in strength. But I'd like to keep a respectable physique as well.

Nice to have you here. Maybe you can share some of your Powerlifting experience with us?

effigious

Jun 22, 2011
Thanks guys.

Nice to have you here. Maybe you can share some of your Powerlifting experience with us?

I'm mainly just a garage warrior right now. I lift raw, using only a belt. I haven't gone to an actual meet for 12 years when I was 16. I had set an AAU state record in the deadlift at the time(445lbs. @165 lbs. if I remember correctly). I'm not sure if it still stands though. I then quit lifting for a few years and have been back at it for the last 3-4 years. There is a meet coming up soon that I may go to if everything lines up right.

My current bests are a 495# squat, 300# bench, 545# dead, and a 205# overhead press. Although my squat isn't quite as good at the moment, probably 450 right now. I think partly due to losing 40# bodyweight. I did most of those lifts at about 220-230lbs. I dieted down to 190-195 over the early part of this year. And for the first time, I have some upper abs visible! Fortunately, I haven't lost much strength anywhere else.

I'm hoping for a triple bodyweight deadlift by the end of the year.

Last edited:

HUMMER_POWER

Jan 14, 2012

anasci is a great place with great knowledge

Cyrus20

Jan 14, 2012

damn right, exceptional info out here

Nergy

Jan 22, 2012

anasci is one of the best forums on the net