©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Older guys...if you could go back...what would you change?

jozifp103

Jan 16, 2014
This is aimed toward the older guys here. In regards to cycling and the bodybuilding lifestyle in general....if you could travel back in time and start from scratch, what would you do differently?

-Would you wait longer to start using AAS?
-Would you have used more AAS? Less?
-Would you have taken better care of your health?
-Would you have trained differently?
-Would you have been more serious about your diet?
-Would you have put more time in?
-Would you have taken it less seriously and enjoyed your life more?

Just some examples. Please share your thoughts. Being a young guy in this game, I like to learn from the veterans who have done it all. Hopefully some other young guys can use some of the advice as well :)

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
This is aimed toward the older guys here. In regards to cycling and the bodybuilding lifestyle in general....if you could travel back in time and start from scratch, what would you do differently?

-Would you wait longer to start using AAS? No, sooner.
-Would you have used more AAS? Less? Wouldn't have changed what or how I used.
-Would you have taken better care of your health? Yes.
-Would you have trained differently? Yes. Would have been smarter with my joints.
-Would you have been more serious about your diet? Young or old, still haven't found a way to keep this in check?
-Would you have put more time in? Same answer as question #1.
-Would you have taken it less seriously and enjoyed your life more? I have never change my life habits outside of bodybuilding. Have always made sure to still enjoy life while trying to build a great body

Just some examples. Please share your thoughts. Being a young guy in this game, I like to learn from the veterans who have done it all. Hopefully some other young guys can use some of the advice as well :)

///

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
better diet
almost never "maxed" I wanted no injuries, naturally I an tall and slender. Not any more.
wish I had more access to supplements in the 80's.
Partied a little to much.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks

-Would you wait longer to start using AAS?Nope, started at 23, was 190 @10%bf.
-Would you have used more AAS? Less?Same, I seem to do almost as well with low doses as I do high. As a general rule, I try to stay under 1g combined total for all compounds
-Would you have taken better care of your health?Earlier on no one did bloods (or PCT). Luckily my doses were very low and limited to 1 cycle a year
-Would you have trained differently? I used HIT early on and blew up. I change things up from time to time, but that is still the backbone to my workouts. Never had access to fancy machines so I always used free weights.
-Would you have been more serious about your diet?If anything less. Stressing over diet can definitely be counterproductive. Now this doesn't mean eat a bunch of crap or processed foods, but don't be afraid to actually cook and use whole foods. Enchiladas, fajitas, chili, chicken Parmesan... All good choices when homemade. Just watch the refined sugars and white bleached flour
-Would you have put more time in? Nope, a 2 way split, 2 on 1 off is as frequent as I have ever trained. Better recovery and greatly reduces your chance of overuse injuries and sore tendons. Key to this style is intensity. Don't have it, you won't grow
-Would you have taken it less seriously and enjoyed your life more? I was smart enough to know I'm not willing to do what it takes in this sport to get to the top. I enjoy doing it and the way I look, but it is secondary.

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org

-Would you wait longer to start using AAS? No
-Would you have used more AAS? Less? Same dose but with PCT
-Would you have taken better care of your health? Yes
-Would you have trained differently? More Volume
-Would you have been more serious about your diet?Yes more real food and not Cybergenics stuff :D
-Would you have put more time in? No
-Would you have taken it less seriously and enjoyed your life more? am still enjoying life

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT

-Would you wait longer to start using AAS? Didnt start till I was in my 50s. Would have started 20 years earlir,
-Would you have used more AAS? Less? More
-Would you have taken better care of your health?My health rocks.
-Would you have trained differently? More regularly, earlier
-Would you have been more serious about your diet? Yes, as serious as I am now.
-Would you have put more time in? Abso-fucking-lutely
-Would you have taken it less seriously and enjoyed your life more?I am enjoying life more because I AM taking it seriously!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I really wish I had never started - I lost my youth to the juice - the juice made me so focused in just lifting. I lost my friends and family
I past up way to many opportunities in life
My answer to every thing back then - I don't have time - have to get to the gym.
BUT - now I am hooked - A junky

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Easy. If I had eaten properly the first three years of competing I would have earned my pro card by now. But I didn't............ The first three years are huge if it's done correctly. But ya can't get them back once there gone.

CG

Last edited:

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
The only things I wish I knew back then that I know now, is how certain diet and training works for me.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
The only things I wish I knew back then that I know now, is how certain diet and training works for me.

That is KEY! Some foods just turn to mush in me. I know when I'm hitting on all cylinders when the crap falls from my ass and I don't hardly have to wipe. Seriously.

CG

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
-Would you wait longer to start using AAS?
No

-Would you have used more AAS?
Yes, blasted & cruised earlier as opposed to the same dose cycle over & over.

-Would you have taken better care of your health?
No, I do that already.

-Would you have trained differently?
Yes, lighter & more reps 20+...I have injuries from going too heavy too soon.

-Would you have been more serious about your diet?
Yes I would've eaten more quality then cramming calories.

-Would you have put more time in?
No, less...more fast & effective workouts.

-Would you have taken it less seriously and enjoyed your life more?
No, I wished I saw MPD coming faster, I really regret not doing that division in the beginning, before it blew up. Being a 5'9 middle weight it would've worked for Me before I got discouraged & stopped competing(average genetics, didn't wanna go high dosed too soon)

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
I would have started working out at a much younger age. I allowed my natural metabolism to keep me from being fat.

I would also go back and bang all the chicks that were into me but I was too naïve to know it at the time.