©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Baseball sized lump in right glute

ajc197925

Nov 27, 2004
Hey fellas, Im not freaking out just yet. I have read many posts about abcesses and whatnot, and I am still a bit curious. I noticed a baseball sized lump in my glute near the injection site 24 hours after injecting EQ/TEST. The injection was about 2 1/2 cc's of oil. The lump isnt necessarily painful, just a little pain outside the lump near the injection area. I will keep an eye on it, I guess thats all I can do for now. Just wondering if this is not an abcess, then what the hell is it? Is this common? Thanks for your replys to a seemingly redundant subject.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Its just a swollen injection site! My left glute looks the same way right now. lol - Don't worry about it man. It'll gradually shrink and go away on its own. You may want to sleep with a heating pad under your ass - thats what I'm doing. And if you want to avoid this in the future - just don't put so much juice into one site.

ajc197925

Nov 27, 2004
I got ya...I figured thats what it was. Im glad its something that isnt uncommon. Thanks for the reassurance.

P

pincrusher

any time you inject an oil based product into your body, it forms a depot(sits in one spot) and will need a few days for your body to fully absorb all of it into the muscle & bloodstream. injecting to fast will cause a large one than if you inject very slow since it will allow some of the product to segregate into the muscle. when injecting to fast sometimes the oil based product will flow up along the needle and get into the fat layer on top of the muscle which will cause an even bigger lump which will take longer to dissipitate(spread out for those who dont understand big words LOL) :)

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
I use this stuff called sombra for when it happens to me. Its like icyhot and it seems to help alot.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
pincrusher said:
any time you inject an oil based product into your body, it forms a depot(sits in one spot) and will need a few days for your body to fully absorb all of it into the muscle & bloodstream. injecting to fast will cause a large one than if you inject very slow since it will allow some of the product to segregate into the muscle. when injecting to fast sometimes the oil based product will flow up along the needle and get into the fat layer on top of the muscle which will cause an even bigger lump which will take longer to dissipitate(spread out for those who dont understand big words LOL) :)

I inject slowly but it still happens any time I try to squeeze 2.5 - 3ml into one spot. Especially if theres some prop in there. My muscles do seem to be able to build up a "tolerance" for these higher amounts of oil over time - by gradually increasing - approx. .5ml / wk.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
pincrusher said:

SHIT!why must pin always explain.OVER and OVER??
You guys get it right the first time.j/k--shit happens

Jun 19, 2005
Bumping everyone. if it gets red, hot and more swollen see the dr. Should be fine.

P

pincrusher

kell11 said:
SHIT!why must pin always explain.OVER and OVER??
You guys get it right the first time.j/k--shit happens
aw, pin dont mind :) thats what he is here for, to keep answering redundant questions LOL :D