©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Morning Report: Lorenzo Fertitta confirms UFC's plans for Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort in Las Vegas | MMA and UFC News

According to a report from ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, UFC CEO and owner Lorenzo Fertitta has confirmed plans to next pit middleweight champion Chris Weidman against Vitor Belfort in Las Vegas, Nevada in May or July 2014, depending on Weidman’s health.

Weidman, of course, most recently defended his title to former champion Anderson Silva Dec. 28 at UFC 168, scoring a technical knockout just 1:16 into the second round, seemingly uninjured. However, Weidman hinted post-fight that he struggled with a possible meniscus tear throughout training camp, possibly requiring surgery. He also mentioned the probable need for a scope to clear out floating bodies of cartilage in the same knee.

We learned earlier this week that the UFC was interested in hosting the bout in Las Vegas when the promotion reportedly informally let the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) know. A bit of finesse in what could be a tricky situation should the NSAC hold to their policy of not allowing a therapeutic-use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if that individual’s needs derive from past non-sanctioned use. Belfort, who has competed with a TUE since 2011, tested positive for 4-hydroxytestosterone, an illegal substance, following his 2006 bout with Dan Henderson at PRIDE 32 held in Nevada. Although he claimed he would halt TRT for a title shot, Belfort indicated he’d be disenfranchised without the exemption. “I’ve already said that, if they agree with it, I would (stop doing TRT),” said Belfort in October. “No problem at all. If they want me to get there in a disadvantage, that’s ok.”

Populus54

Mar 8, 2013
Boston MA
Nevada allows TRT. Vitor's problem is that he's already been popped for AAS in Nevada and once you fail in Nevada they won't give you the TRT exemption. To make matters worse he never served the suspension he continued to fight overseas. Kieth kizer (head of the Nevada state athlete commission) has already said he won't give Vitor the exemption.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I don't give a shit about his PED use, I just wanna know why Belfort keeps getting title shots, again and again. He hasn't beaten anyone significant in years, and he's lost his last few title shots badly. Dana wants this guy to be the Champ so badly, and I can't figure out why. Is Belfort's name still that big of a PPV money-maker that Dana will keep giving him title shots until he retires?

Populus54

Mar 8, 2013
Boston MA
I don't give a shit about his PED use, I just wanna know why Belfort keeps getting title shots, again and again. He hasn't beaten anyone significant in years, and he's lost his last few title shots badly. Dana wants this guy to be the Champ so badly, and I can't figure out why. Is Belfort's name still that big of a PPV money-maker that Dana will keep giving him title shots until he retires?

His last three fights were all finishes against
Dan Henderson
Like rockhold
Micheal Bisbing.

All in brazil.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I'm amped up for this fight to happen....I like both fighters and do not care who really wins, personally.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Do they test these guys the day of the fight, or doTst them main domly?

Chris, fighters are tested by the states athletic commission at random. Typically main event fighters are tested before the fight. I am friends with one of biggest fighters, literally and figuratively, to have ever fought in the UFC and This is what he said.

Last edited:

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
On paper this should be a good fight. Depending on how long Vitor abandons TRT, it could make a big difference. I'd like to see Vitor pull off the win, but I think Weidman will get the win via KO.