©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Sleeveless dudes in my gym

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
My gym is full of high school and college dudes who insist on cutting the sleeves off their shirts so you can see clear down to the obliques. The funny thing is that they have only a small amount of muscle development. In contrast you have the regulars (us old farts) who still wear t-shirts (heck you can see my avi) and bench double what these guys do. You would think these guys would feel a bit embarrassed (the way I do when I go to a bbing show) wearing so little while being surrounded by fully clothed dudes who dwarf them.

I suppose that attitude goes hand in hand with not unloading the weights or cleaning their dude sweat off the bench. There are few good ones in the bunch, but the majority of them must have some sort of complex.

Hawk

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Just another reason why I do not go to the gym.....

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
That's the kind of stuff that makes me happy I invested in my home equipment.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Same thing in the works here. building a real gym simple and effective at home.
Have a 2.5 car garage that will be gym only. The guys you mention probably
think the same back if they saw me in a t shirt with sweat shirt over the T.
I like to stay hot as a mfer when training, always have . Never seem to get injurred when training with a high body temp and no chill on the skin.
Let em have at it . Remember a gym and a health club are totally different
worlds. Good luck don't let it ruin a w/o ,T.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Same thing in the works here. building a real gym simple and effective at home.
Have a 2.5 car garage that will be gym only. The guys you mention probably
think the same back if they saw me in a t shirt with sweat shirt over the T.
I like to stay hot as a mfer when training, always have . Never seem to get injurred when training with a high body temp and no chill on the skin.
Let em have at it . Remember a gym and a health club are totally different
worlds. Good luck don't let it ruin a w/o ,T.

I have had some interest in building a small "key" gym for me and a few others, but it's only a thought at the moment...

The facility itself is great with DB's to 150#, chalk is allowed as well as dead lifts :) In reality these guys stay out of my way and if they are I simply give them the stink eye and ask how many sets they have left...snarkily. I just don't understand why these twerps don't have a bit more humilty..hell it's only 20 degrees out this time of year.

Hawk

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Are these the same ones that pull up their shirts and flex their abs in the mirror?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah those guys are at my gym too... something about that age bracket possibly? My wife tells be I can be oblivious to what's going on around me. That can be a huge plus LOL

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Couple of old training haunts over the years I lived in would probably be way to frightening for that crowd. I don't care what they wear but man coolness and a
a skin chill is a big no no for heavy intense wt training . ah shoot that answered the question. .....T

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
You must have some home gym. I outgrew mine and had to sell it all on eBay.

Leg press, squat rack, bench, 1500 lbs worth of plates, DB's up to 120. Need more DB's but for now it's enough to keep me at home.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
At the gym where I work out, the clothing runs the gamut, from guys who dress (literally) in sweatshirts over thermals, to T-shirts, to tanks, to string tanks.

I have to honestly say, though, that everyone is busy about their own business, everyone is friendly, and no one seems to give a shit what the next guys fashion statement says. It just isn't important.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
At the gym where I work out, the clothing runs the gamut, from guys who dress (literally) in sweatshirts over thermals, to T-shirts, to tanks, to string tanks.

I have to honestly say, though, that everyone is busy about their own business, everyone is friendly, and no one seems to give a shit what the next guys fashion statement says. It just isn't important.

It is like that at my gym also, people wear every damn thing. From combat boots to those footie shoe things with the toes sticking out.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
My gym is full of high school and college dudes who insist on cutting the sleeves off their shirts so you can see clear down to the obliques. The funny thing is that they have only a small amount of muscle development. In contrast you have the regulars (us old farts) who still wear t-shirts (heck you can see my avi) and bench double what these guys do. You would think these guys would feel a bit embarrassed (the way I do when I go to a bbing show) wearing so little while being surrounded by fully clothed dudes who dwarf them.

I suppose that attitude goes hand in hand with not unloading the weights or cleaning their dude sweat off the bench. There are few good ones in the bunch, but the majority of them must have some sort of complex.

Hawk

Sounds like you go to the same gym I do! lol There was this one young guy me and a pretty lady in her 30's and this kid with his cut of sleeves and arms like a tooth pick kept walking around her and looking at his own arms and when he lifted anything he made sure he grunted real loud and then dropped the weights and then would look at her to see if she was looking lol. After he left she walked over to me and took her head phones out of her ear and said boy I am glad the hulk finally left lol and she went back to working out. I died laughing!

Ed17447

Oct 28, 2012
I'm usually at the gym too early. there's a few people, but not many and they're all pretty cool.