©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Vehicle Mods

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
How many of you have vehicles that you have put the work into?!

I have an '04 Grand Cherokee...It's the only model I will drive and have been driving them since '99...The wife has a newer model but I will only stick with the '04...Just love the body style.....

Figured I was just going to stick with the one I have now going forward so started putting in the work to it...I have the spyder head and taillights, with halos in the head and fog lights...Have it totally blacked out with gloss black, 20" srts...The Big Country grille guard and Kickers cvr12s, multiple amps, Kickers door speakers and LED's throughout (inside and out)...Going to be plasti-dipping the Cherokee logos and letters, so there will be no more chrome and everything will be black.....

Just bored out the dash and installed the Kenwood DNX570HD double din bezel...Was the biggest pain in the ass so far...Those double dins definitely were not made for the 04's:rolleyes:

Sorry for the shitty pics...Will try to get some better ones up in the light...The halos are tough to get without showing the glare.....

Attachments

• HALOS.jpg
    HALOS.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 104
  • TRUCK.jpg
    TRUCK.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 109

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
The Kenwood DNX570HD double din bezel...Everything included (nav, Bluetooth, dvd, tv, internet, reverse camera, usb, etc), also installed the bypass so the DVD doesn't shut off while driving...The actual radio box was a 1/2" too big, so there was a lot of cutting that went into it.....

Attachments

• IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 46

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Nice here's my work truck I jus had o buy for my new job and then my play truck with 26's

uploadfromtaptalk1383362669839.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383362679918.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383362689448.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383362699629.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383362709199.jpguploadfromtaptalk1383362718750.jpg

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
How'd u install the bypass so I can do it on my truck did u download it or was there something you had to install or what?

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
How'd u install the bypass so I can do it on my truck did u download it or was there something you had to install or what?

There is nothing you can download for it...It either has to be a bypass on the back of the radio or a kill switch installed somewhere by the dash...We did the bypass on the back of the radio, I will ask the guy that installed it for specifics but it was really easy...He said most people don't bother installing the kill switch anymore...It might be something as simple as unplugging something in the back and plugging it back it, but I'm not totally sure so I will ask?!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
The bypass on a Kenwood is super simple. Just tie in the green parking brake wire with the black ground wire when u mate it to the wiring harness. There's only a few brands left on the market that actually need a switch to get nav-in-motion.

The dash mod looks good K1, but u coulda made it easier & faster. Next time to to the Jeep dealer & have them order the factory dash bezel for the factory nav unit. Then all u need is a dash kit, clear out the plastic behind the bezel to fit the new nav unit & ur in business. Saves a ton of time & looks perfect every time. Plus u can usually get the new dash bezel in different wood grains, if ur into the wood grain look.

Just a suggestion, but the dash mod u did came out great. I've done hundreds of them myself in dodge/jeep/Chrysler vehicles, and I know what a major pain in the ass they can be. That's a nice looking truck all-around.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I have a pioneer not a Kenwood don't know the model number off the top of my head but its touch screen and about 2 years old would love to have video on it

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Phoe, the Pioneer units can be a PITA to get video-in-motion. On the back of the unit there's a wide 2-row plug and u have to repin one of the wires in the plug & connect it to ground. Just off the top of my head it's a yellow wire, and u have to remove it from the plug & move it over a spot. It's simple once u know how to do it, but it can suck the first time. Hit up YouTube and search for pioneer video bypass & there'll b some videos that will show you exactly what to do.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
No problem guys. I've spent a lot of time working in the 12 volt industry over the years. Gained a lot of knowledge and a lot of experience. I can't handle working in the shop anymore cuz of my lower back injury; spending 12 hours a day hunched over or twisted up under a dash would have me in tears.

I'm more than happy to share anything I know about automotive electronics and fabrication, so don't hesitate to ask. I may not have the answer to every question, but I know the guys that do.