©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A question for you..

Holmes

May 8, 2008
I just have one question for you. Does it really hurt to use the same needle for two-tree injections? Because my source doesn’t have for the moment :(

mac762339

Jul 17, 2005
Shit gets dull so might hurt a little more. Just be sure your cleaning the hell out of it before use. Infections suck!

kaju

Nov 27, 2007
south
my question to is are talking about subcutaneous or intramuscular? either way it is very bad but even worse intramuscular. unless you are trained in sterilizing I would strongly recommend against it. there are only three kinds on bacteria. Sparely, bacilli and cocci. each kind have thousands of types of strains. cocci is the hardest to treat. there are strains out there today that the strongest types of antibiotics cannot cure. the staphs cocci can kill you and have you ever heard of the flesh eating decease? it can kill you in a matter of days. A staph infection takes sometimes two or three rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it. What is even worse is I can grow staph from your bathtub and mine. Some of these bacteria are on your skin right now. they are just looking for a way to get inside like The flesh eating decease which is what killed Jim Henson the Muppet guy and he picked it up from his home. It only takes one bacterium that is micro scopic to kill you. You make the decision if it is worth it to you . It is all a Numbers game.

Last edited:

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I would never rec using the same needle twice. They are easy to get hold of them so just order some from sterilesyringes.com. The risk of infection is increased if used again. You should be fine is you follow all the correct procedures and store it well. But I would say most people who try using the same needle again will probably end up with a BAD infection so it's just not worth it. I will be honest though I once used the same needle 5 times for HCG injections. It hurts more each time you use it cause the needle becomes blunt. By the time I was on the 5th injection I had to literally just bang it in. As they say on TV please don't try that at home! Oh and I have never had any problems with injections or infections (apart from going in too deep in my chest once but thats wasn't bad just hurt for a few days).

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I would go to the Local farm store If I HAD to have a shot and no Pins.
I would never consider trying to re-use one. Maybe for drawing Only and I dont even like to do that But Deffinatley not for Injecting.
Thats asking for Problems and a Big risk Imo for something that
cost 25 cents.

Bear

Nov 12, 2007
Holmes said:
I just have one question for you. Does it really hurt to use the same needle for two-tree injections? Because my source doesn’t have for the moment :(
Don’t try that! It is very dangerous; you can get a big infection

ELmi

Dec 7, 2007
Holmes said:

you can put the needles in alcohol between 2 shots. That can help…