©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Delt Aspiration

stussy

Anasci's Quote Editor
Sep 19, 2004
Can anyone explain to me the proper procedure on aspirating and injecting when it comes to delts? I have looked on the spot injection website, but the way he does it doesn't look very safe. For starters he is pushing it right in to the plastic. Can't even see the needle. :confused:

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I as well am looking for the answer to this question ,

My current method is to neal down and extend my arm on the bathroom counter so my armpit is at the edge of the counter this relaxes the mussle and alows for a leval stable working space for the pin (hard to explane) but I still have dificulty with the shots ,

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Like on spotinjections, I always push the needle in all the way, until it is no longer visible. The chance of a needle breaking is extremely slim.

To aspirate, you need to use your thumb and forefinger. The thumb keeps the needle in place, and the forfinger pushes the plunger upwards...that is the only way I can describe how to do it with one hand.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
When I hit a vein, I feel it on the way in. Is it necessary to aspirate if you don't feel it? I have never aspirated.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Blackbird,ALWAYS Aspirate

Blackbird said:
When I hit a vein, I feel it on the way in. Is it necessary to aspirate if you don't feel it? I have never aspirated.
Ive only registered blood ONE time,pull out a 1/4 or 1/2 inch aspirate again and plunge.But ALWAYS aspirate.could cause a major respiratory response to state the least...

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
stussy and max

stussy said:
Can anyone explain to me the proper procedure on aspirating and injecting when it comes to delts? I have looked on the spot injection website, but the way he does it doesn't look very safe. For starters he is pushing it right in to the plastic. Can't even see the needle. :confused:
Very easy EVERY time.Using Terumo 23 x1 1/2, pin in left hand,hit right delt at a sharp angle-Never Straight In-Just let your arm hang straight down.Remember to insert the pin in your anterior delt so you'll land in the center of the muscle. at about a 30 degree angle.these delt site hits slide in easier than a glute shot.absolutely do not feel the needle.Don't do more than a mL per arm.It'll be more sore than you need to tolerate.ALWAYS aspirate.very few if any major veins there but do it anyway.And Yes I sink it right down to the top of the pin too.

Last edited:

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
The one and only time I shot my delt, I didn't feel a thing, 2cc in same spot. A trickle of blood poured out when I pulled the pin out. What was that?

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
...blood.

Blackbird said:
The one and only time I shot my delt, I didn't feel a thing, 2cc in same spot. A trickle of blood poured out when I pulled the pin out. What was that?
You drove through a vein on the way in that's all.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
stussy,phone your avatar...

stussy said:
SHE SEEMS TO KNOW THE PROPER PROCEDURE FOR SITE INJECTIONS.
am I gonna wisecrack about that pic forever?probably not.

stussy

Anasci's Quote Editor
Sep 19, 2004
kell11 said:
SHE SEEMS TO KNOW THE PROPER PROCEDURE FOR SITE INJECTIONS.
am I gonna wisecrack about that pic forever?probably not.

I dont need to call her up, I can just roll over in bed and just ask her.LOL :p It's a picture of my wife.Well ....Ok I wish it was a picture of my wife.

W

wolfyEVH

stussy said:
I dont need to call her up, I can just roll over in bed and just ask her.LOL :p It's a picture of my wife.Well ....Ok I wish it was a picture of my wife.

looks like briana banks to me

Marauder79

Apr 21, 2005
Toronto, Canada
i find delt injections hard because my shoulders are pretty lean. I usually find my least leanest bodyparts so its easier for the needle to push threw.