©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

1970 Nova

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
My buddy is building this car and wants to know if I would like to buy it? Its going to have a 454 in it and be sweet as hell when he is done. I think he may want $17,000 for it when completed. He does a complete frame off restoration. I sure would need a hefty loan for it, but it should be a lot of fun. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
W

wolfyEVH

nice car........however that 17 grand could go towards something better.....like a house

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Bro, if you can swing it, do it. I had a 74, maroon, black vinyl top. I loved that car. 17g's sounds a little steep for that car though. I haven't priced em in years but I think you could probably get one in great shape for about 10g's.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Blackbird said:
Bro, if you can swing it, do it. I had a 74, maroon, black vinyl top. I loved that car. 17g's sounds a little steep for that car though. I haven't priced em in years but I think you could probably get one in great shape for about 10g's.

I know I could find them cheaper, but this one will be completely redone with new parts from inside to out. It has a brand new 454 and a new transmission as well. It would basically be a brand new car thats a 1970. He even replaced the floor pan, all fenders, and the trunk pan.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Sounds good, do it. I'm jealous. I keep telling my father that I'm gonna give him something to do and buy a Nova, put it in my garage and let him come over and work on it. It could wind up being a good investment for you. At least that's what I tell my family when I buy another guitar.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I dont know if I can afford it or not. Ill have to really dig and sell some stuff if I decide to try and get it. The wife may leave me too. If she does that, Ill never be able to afford it with the alimony payments! lol

P

pincrusher

completely impractical cars like that are only good if you have the extra change to buy them. no matter how nice it may be, i would not buy it if its going to strap ya for cash and put you in a big hole cause you will never get out of it what you put in.
im waiting till next year when my child support payments stop then im buying a brand new corvette :D will be able to afford it then more easily than i could now.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Whats my payment on $17,000 at 6% going to be for a 5 yr loan? I suck at math!

P

pincrusher

tee said:
Whats my payment on $17,000 at 6% going to be for a 5 yr loan? I suck at math!
it will probably be a little over $400 per month, maybe just under that but not by much

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I love classic rebuilts. If i could afford one i would definitly get it

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Hey tee, I have a 71 Nova and it is almost the exact same color of blue, but without the vinyl top. And it has the 396 in it instead of the 454. It's a nice car, but IMO i think 17 grand is a little steep for a nova. My car was in great shape when I bought it and it still had the original motor with only 45 thousand miles. You can usually find nova's a lot cheaper than 17 grand. Plus, it's not even the original motor in the car so that takes down the value too. But, hey, if you want it get it man!!!! I know you would enjoy driving around that beastly 454!!!!!

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
MaSTa LifTa said:
Hey tee, I have a 71 Nova and it is almost the exact same color of blue, but without the vinyl top. And it has the 396 in it instead of the 454. It's a nice car, but IMO i think 17 grand is a little steep for a nova. My car was in great shape when I bought it and it still had the original motor with only 45 thousand miles. You can usually find nova's a lot cheaper than 17 grand. Plus, it's not even the original motor in the car so that takes down the value too. But, hey, if you want it get it man!!!! I know you would enjoy driving around that beastly 454!!!!!
I think Ill try to talk him down a little. If he doesnt go for it, then I wont buy it. He use to re-do 1st generation camaros and sold most of them for $14,000 or so.