View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
lycan Venom
AnaSCI VET / Donating Member

02-12-2018, 07:27 PM

HIT stresses intensity over repetition. Many*weightlifters*will use a HIT routine to help break a 'plateau' - meaning they will use HIT temporarily when another routine stops giving desired results. Different strength training authors from*Ellington Darden*and*Mike Mentzer*to*Dorian Yates*and*Gordon LaVelle*have called their system HIT, with each individual having credited Arthur Jones for the formulation of its basic tenet principles. However, there has never been a clear and consistent guideline on how to utilize HIT. Darden advocated full body routines, while Yates recommended to split the workouts into four different sessions a week. Mentzer believed that no more than one set to muscular failure per body part was all that was required,*yet Yates and LaVelle believed that more than one exercise per body part is necessary to get complete development as a bodybuilder.

This was some of the stuff that I got out of magazines at 12yrs old and using when I was 12-14 before getting into German Volume Training and Pyramid Training. I got hooked onto the 3x5's increasing weight each set... but over the years I mentally kept note of what technique worked best for each body part and now incorporate a mixed style of circuit training.

This is the type of conversation I missed. Old school bodybuilding techniques and ideology being shared. You dont read this kind of stuff in magazines anymore. Now it's all just hyped up marketing.

Lets get more threads like this going. I love reading what all the 80's & 90's guys have to say.

Use code LycanVenom to get 5% off your next Synthetek Order.