©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What is acceptable range for blood pressure?

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I am curious as to what everyone’s opinions are on acceptable ranges for blood pressure. I was around 150-160/80-90 for several years and multiple doctors never really blinked an eye at it except would occasionally say it’s a little high. I later had my doctor put me on a low dose of lisinopril 10mg daily and it has seemed to keep it in the 130/70 range. Tonight I tested it before my workout and it seemed to be creeping up but I was also using a battery Home unit so not sure how accurate it is. Let’s here your opinion on blood pressure because I feel it’s one of the biggest concerns when it comes to long term steroid use.

*side note....I’m also on a fairly heavy cycle right now including tren, orals, slin, gh all of which I think have made my blood pressure rise in the past.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Mine is consistently around 138/68, which is about what it’s been since my twenties. My doctor says that’s perfectly fine and isn’t concerned about it in the least. He did offer me BP meds incase I was concerned about it, but since he wasn’t I wasn’t.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Mine is consistently around 138/68, which is about what it’s been since my twenties. My doctor says that’s perfectly fine and isn’t concerned about it in the least. He did offer me BP meds incase I was concerned about it, but since he wasn’t I wasn’t.

That seems very acceptable to me and I would also feel fine with those numbers.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I guess another question I have is at what point would you say my BP is to high due to possibly something your running or maybe the amount and pull the plug on the cycle to get it back to a normal range. For some people this number I’m sure will vary so maybe this will give us some type of average. For me personally I felt when I was 150/80 range that was to high and if I encounter that again even on meds I will stop what I’m doing or at least drop it down.

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
At 130/70 I wouldn't be concerned at all. The bottom number is always your bigger concern because that reflects the pressure when your hear is at rest. So if that number is high, your heart is never really resting properly and its keeping a lot of pressure on your blood vessels.

With that said, 150/80 isn't that great either and I'd all but guarantee it's from the gear.

Btw, those little home bp things are notoriously inaccurate in my experience. Get a manual cuff and a stethoscope and learn how to do it that way. It's not hard at all and it's always accurate. I just had a wrist cuff bp tell me I was 140/100 the other day. Did it manually and it was 130/84. Big difference.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I am curious as to what everyone’s opinions are on acceptable ranges for blood pressure. I was around 150-160/80-90 for several years and multiple doctors never really blinked an eye at it except would occasionally say it’s a little high. I later had my doctor put me on a low dose of lisinopril 10mg daily and it has seemed to keep it in the 130/70 range. Tonight I tested it before my workout and it seemed to be creeping up but I was also using a battery Home unit so not sure how accurate it is. Let’s here your opinion on blood pressure because I feel it’s one of the biggest concerns when it comes to long term steroid use.

*side note....I’m also on a fairly heavy cycle right now including tren, orals, slin, gh all of which I think have made my blood pressure rise in the past.

Did you put your cycle down in your log? I think I missed that.

koolio

Feb 26, 2017
For close to 40 years now my BP is 120/70 when off and 130/70 when on...my doc told me the diastolic number increases due to some water retention.......kvh

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Ideally about 120/70 but it moves up and down. On a big blast I am happy with 140/80 but if it starts going above that I know I have to make changes. Carditone is great for blood pressure.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Ideally about 120/70 but it moves up and down. On a big blast I am happy with 140/80 but if it starts going above that I know I have to make changes. Carditone is great for blood pressure.

140/80 is what I go by as well. If it goes above that I try to lower it. I don't want it to be above 140/80 for long periods. 130/70 and I am happy. Right now it is about 140/80 :eek:

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010

Your doctor offered you bp meds at those numbers. That just shows you what many doctors are like these days. I am sure he was just being nice but still it's crazy to think he would just give you them when your numbers are perfectly normal.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
On a big cycle mine can creep up to about 150/85. Last time I checked it was 130/74 so I am happy with that.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I think 140/80 is universal as being when things need to start being montiored closely. Some people freak with numbers well below that which I have never understood unless it was a sharp increase from a previous reading. My monitor broke so I need to get another one. Any good monitors people recommend? I would need one with a big cuff.

Southernjuice

Apr 5, 2017
I think 140/80 is universal as being when things need to start being montiored closely. Some people freak with numbers well below that which I have never understood unless it was a sharp increase from a previous reading. My monitor broke so I need to get another one. Any good monitors people recommend? I would need one with a big cuff.

Yep anything over 140/80 needs attention....been in medical field over 20 years! Watch this it's a silent killer.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I had mine tested recently and it was very high. Not sure if it was the monitor so I need to get it retested. I doubt it was a true reading as 150/110 is way off my normal reading and I am not doing anything bad for it to be high right now. The cuff was not big enough so I think it will be much lower but it still freaked me out when I first hear that reading. I will get it retested as soon as I can.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I had mine tested recently and it was very high. Not sure if it was the monitor so I need to get it retested. I doubt it was a true reading as 150/110 is way off my normal reading and I am not doing anything bad for it to be high right now. The cuff was not big enough so I think it will be much lower but it still freaked me out when I first hear that reading. I will get it retested as soon as I can.

The blood pressure machine I bought has a large cuff but that still only is for arms up to 17 inches and mine are 19-20 inches so it’s extreamly tight fitting which seems to maybe be throwing off the reading because mine is reading very high as well. I got nervous and had my Dr. bump up my licinopril from 10mg to 20mg just to be safe.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
The AMA and studies show that 120/80 is the top of the normal range ad as you get it higher you become less healthy.