©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

b-12 shots

maxpumper

Feb 15, 2005
I'm concidering taking b-12 shots. I'd like to know if theres any sides I should expect from it. Also can they be SC instead of intermuscular and how many times a week at what dose?

maxpumper

Feb 15, 2005
Primaraly to increase my appetite, but I've also heard that it can also give you more energy. Just want to get some feedback from anyone whos done it and what doeses they took.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I took it subQ several times. I didnt notice anything at all. SOme swear by it though. I was told by a doctor to do 1000 mcg EOD for two weeks to saturate yourself, then do 1000 mcg every week or two for maintanence.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Misc. B-12 Info

From www.wholehealthmd.com

What Is It?

In l948, scientists were successful in identifying a nutritional substance in calf's liver that could prevent pernicious anemia, a potentially deadly disorder that mainly affects older adults. The compound—vitamin Bl2 (or cobalamin)—turned out to be the last vitamin to be discovered.

Not only does vitamin B12 help in the formation of healthy red blood cells (which protect against anemia), it is also involved in the maintenance of the myelin sheath, the fatty substance that covers nerves and enables them to function properly. The body also needs this vitamin for cell replication, proper energy metabolism, and to create the genetic material in cells known as DNA and RNA.

Vitamin B12 is also of potential value in treating the effects of aging and Alzheimer's disease, as well as depression, the skin disorder known as rosacea, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and various neurologic problems. It may also help to prevent heart disease and boost the immune system.

Vitamin B12 is the only B vitamin that the body stores in substantial amounts. In addition, most people get adequate amounts from their diets. For the body to absorb the vitamin, however, it has to be separated from the protein in food, a complicated process. An individual must be able to produce enough digestive enzymes, stomach acid, and intrinsic factor (a substance secreted by cells in the stomach lining) for this separation to take place. Then the vitamin bonds with intrinsic factor and is transported to the small intestine, where it is absorbed. Some individuals are unable to make sufficient quantities of intrinsic factor or stomach acid as they age, a situation ripe for a deficiency to develop. Experts estimate that as many as 20% of older adults are deficient in vitamin B12 but don’t know it.

In addition other groups are also at particular risk for a deficiency: those with ulcers, Crohn's disease or other gastrointestinal disorders, and those taking medication for epilepsy, chronic heartburn, or gout. In addition, heavy drinkers are likely to have low levels of B12 because excessive alcohol consumption hinders the nutrient's absorption. People who don't eat any meat products (vegans) are also at risk. A deficiency can cause fatigue, depression, confusion, memory loss, muscle weakness, and numbness and tingling in the hands and feet due to nerve damage.

Forms

tablet
spray
liquid
General Interaction

There are no known drug or nutrient interactions associated with vitamin B12.

Cautions

Be sure to take a folic acid supplement along with vitamin B12. A high intake of one can mask a deficiency in the other.

Taking large amounts of vitamin B12 does not appear to cause any adverse effects. The body efficiently excretes any excess in the urine. Ailments Dosage
Anemia 1,000 mcg in sublingual form once a day
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 1,000 mg a day
Crohn's Disease 1,000 mcg a day, sublingually
Infertility, Male 1,000 mcg a day
Rosacea 1,000 mcg a day in addition to that supplied by your B complex. Take sublingually with 400 mcg folic acid.
Tinnitus 1,000 mcg sublingually a day

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshe...5,10067,00.html

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
DragonRider said:
Same here. I didn't get anything from it. I did 1000mcg per day. Most people using for your purpose recommend this dose.

I pretty much think its bunk. I bet people that think it works are feeling the placebo effect. I would rather waste the build-up of scar tissue on AAS.

maxpumper

Feb 15, 2005
Thanks for for info bro interesting read. Were you guys using say 25ga pins or slin pins. The reason I became interested in b-12 is cause a guy that works with me has been taking it for about 2 months now (prescribed by doc to remedy anemia) and he has had a very significant weight increase. And also stated and increase in energy and feeling of wellbeing. I just wanted to see if anyone else had similar results but I guess it works for some and not for others. I will probably give it a try and will keep you guys posted for results.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I use the B-Complex tabs from VITAL.....donno if it works, but i THINK i felt a little better ( well-being ).....i still use them...How is the saying----"If you believe in something, it WILL work"...lol

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
maxpumper said:
Thanks for for info bro interesting read. Were you guys using say 25ga pins or slin pins. The reason I became interested in b-12 is cause a guy that works with me has been taking it for about 2 months now (prescribed by doc to remedy anemia) and he has had a very significant weight increase. And also stated and increase in energy and feeling of wellbeing. I just wanted to see if anyone else had similar results but I guess it works for some and not for others. I will probably give it a try and will keep you guys posted for results.
Some people are deficiant and aren't aware of it. Those people probably get very good results from it.

W

wolfyEVH

tee said:
I pretty much think its bunk. I bet people that think it works are feeling the placebo effect. I would rather waste the build-up of scar tissue on AAS.

agreed, id rather be able to inject test anywhere than worry about scar tissue from the b12.

P

pincrusher

i use b-12 and feel a small increase in appetite but not much. i primarily use it when injecting igf as a second substance drawn into the syringe to be used to ensure all the igf is pushed out of the needle when injecting.

maxpumper

Feb 15, 2005
Scar tissue

WolfyEVH, since b12 can be taken SQ and I'm assuming 29ga slin pins can be used, wouldn't that give the person a lot more places to inject and therefore reduce the chances of scar tissue? And is there a big difference between Human grade b12 and vet grade?

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
maxpumper said:
WolfyEVH, since b12 can be taken SQ and I'm assuming 29ga slin pins can be used, wouldn't that give the person a lot more places to inject and therefore reduce the chances of scar tissue? And is there a big difference between Human grade b12 and vet grade?
Yes about subq injects and no about vet grade B12. I use vet grade b12, it is very cheap. People infer there is a big difference between human grade and vet grade , but no one has ever been able to answer this. What are the parts per million in terms of germs or impurities that will cause a human to get an infection, but not an animal?

maxpumper

Feb 15, 2005
Thats a very good question Dragonrider.And concidering the fact that the vet stuff is soooo much cheaper I don't know why anyone would buy the human grade. Maybe it has to do with the amount of BA in the vet grade. I've read on other boards that Vet products usually have higher BA% and therefore would cause more pain at the injection site example: QV and AP products.

dtr98

Feb 14, 2005
use 1,000mcg eod and seems to give me more energy, stopped taking on my cycle and was getting real tired and run down, which is normal on a cycle. started back up and feeling better, so yes, it seems to work for me.