©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AnaSCI Movie Thread

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
A thread to discuss recently watched and upcoming movies.

A few I recently watched:

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - A good movie...Not as good as the first, but well worth a watch! I think Downey and Law complement each other very well together.

Hostel III - Personally, I did not like this one...Wasn't as good as the first one...Didn't care for the second that much either...Still worth a watch if you are a fan of gore movies.

Immortals - Could have been a lot better, but worth a watch.

Wrong Turn 4 - They haven't one as good as the first one, but this one is far better then 2 and 3 were...If you are a fan of gore, this is a good watch.

Killer Elite - Good action movie with Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert DeNiro

The Thing - Thought it was a good remake...Worth a watch.

A few I am waiting to see:

Expendables II - Liked the first one, the sequel should just as good...Good lineup of 80's starts, that make for a good action movie.

Wrath of the Titans - I grew up on the original, so the remake didn't really do it for me...The special effects were much better though (of course)...The sequel looks like it will be worth a watch, as the special effects look to have out done the last one.

The Devil Inside - Always a fan of horror flicks...Just hoping it is not a B-movie, with bad acting and poor special effects?

Coriolanus - Looks like it should be an entertaining movie...Should be better then some?

More to come.....

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
I recently saw THE SITTER. - Don't waste your money on seeing this in the movie theater. I had free tickets so no monetary loss there. Don't get me wrong...There were some funny parts but I thought it was going to be a lot better because it had that fat dude(forget name) from SuperBad in it as the main character and it was rated R.

F

*FORGE*

Some I recently watched:

The Three Musketeers: I did not like this one. It wasn't as good as some of the other Musketeer movies out there.

Arena: With Samuel Jackson. Wasn't too bad. Ok for a one time watch.

Bunraku: Very strange movie. Good cast, good for a one time watch.

Setup: Descent movie with Bruce Willis, Randy Couture, Ryan Phillipee, and 50cent.

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
Shark Night 3D was ok. Better then some of those SciFi channel shark movies.
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark was good, but the ending was shit.
Fright Night was better then the original. Colin Farrel played a good vampire.
Conan the Barbarian. I couldn't get into this one for some reason? Tried watching it twice and didn't finishing either time.
Final Destination 5 was same as the rest. Ok for a one time watch.

F

*FORGE*

Looking forward to:

Prometheous

The Hobbit

The Avengers

Underworld: Awakening

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
The Innkeepers - Very slow boring movie...The ending was very poorly done! If you are a fan of the show Ghost Hunters, this will probably interest you...IMO, not worth the watch.....

PRIDE

Apr 2, 2009
Just watched Apollo 18. If you're into that type of movie, check it out.

PRIDE

Apr 2, 2009
Also, some others I have watched recently.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. This was probably the best Apes movie that has been made to date.
Puss in Boots. This is a good one for the kids.
Cowboys & Aliens. Did not like this one.
Smurfs. Another one for the kids. Thought the guy they picked for Gargamel was funny though.

F

*FORGE*

Recently watched:

7 Nights of Darkness: I am so tired of horror films going with the carrying the camera routine now. It has gotten old and played out and is only used so that they can save on budget and not have to work with the special effects as much! Wasn't worth the time to watch this movie!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
The Lazarus Project - Just watched this one last night...Has Paul Walker in it. Strange movie, good but predictable twist at the end...Worth a watch, wasn't too bad.....

PRIDE

Apr 2, 2009
Just watched The Underground. Alright horror flick if you have some extra time on your hands.

F

*FORGE*

Another one:

The Devil Within: Another camera following behind horror flick. They really need to move away from these types of horror films, it is sad!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
The Big Year - Wasn't as funny as I thought it would be with the lineup it had, but good for a watch.....

PRIDE

Apr 2, 2009
Just watch Underworld: Awakening. Pretty good movie.

PRIDE

Apr 2, 2009
Just watched Contraband. With the cast they had, I would have expected it to be much better? It was ok for something to watch though.

F

*FORGE*

Fortress: A little slow and boring but ok if you are killing time.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Blitz - Your typical Jason Statham movie...Good for a watch.....