©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bolus dose vs Steady dose

Ironlion2

Mar 9, 2018
So, I was brain washed into believing stable blood concentration is better for growth than high peaks with more fluctuation.

I see a lot of pro's and smart users do bolus dose of both GH and AAS.

Would switching from running long esters ED and EOD to E7D (same dose) lead to better gains? What about bolus GH, 4iu PrWO vs 8iu M/W/F?

Dog-Slime

Mar 25, 2010
So, I was brain washed into believing stable blood concentration is better for growth than high peaks with more fluctuation.

I see a lot of pro's and smart users do bolus dose of both GH and AAS.

Would switching from running long esters ED and EOD to E7D (same dose) lead to better gains? What about bolus GH, 4iu PrWO vs 8iu M/W/F?

I don’t know but I’m running my current cycle old school one injection day for the week (1-test cyp) because I read a guy’s advice on doing it that way. Seemed logical as I’ve noticed better results from one single d-bol dose than spreading through the day so why wouldn’t this apply to injects. Stable blood levels reduce side effects but may reduce the gains as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
I don’t know but I’m running my current cycle old school one injection day for the week (1-test cyp) because I read a guy’s advice on doing it that way. Seemed logical as I’ve noticed better results from one single d-bol dose than spreading through the day so why wouldn’t this apply to injects. Stable blood levels reduce side effects but may reduce the gains as well

We all respond differently why I always advise don’t listen to others . You made smart observation says “you noticed “ see when you find something that works ! Then you just continue. We all teach ourselves. That’s really the journey.

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013

the 1-test cyp...which brand are you using???concentration???

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I remember a long thread over at PM about exactly this. Phil Hernon (IFBB PRO) was saying the same thing. "The higher spike is more valuable than the lower constant level. You may be hard pressed to find a study to reflect this?

BTW: He was talking about HGH.

When it comes to gear. I think you should slowly titrate up as your cycle continues. After 6 to 8 weeks completely change your cycle and start titrating up slowly again.

Last edited:

Ironlion2

Mar 9, 2018
I remember long thread over at PM about exactly this. Phil Hernon (IFBB PRO) was saying the same thing. "The higher spike is more valuable than the lower constant level. You may be hard pressed to find a study to reflect this?

When it comes to gear. I think you should slowly titrate up as your cycle continues. After 6 to 8 weeks completely change your cycle and start titrating up slowly again.

With Hernon, he's almost surely talking 12IU+ of GH with Slin. I'm not there yet nor ready for the Slin.

I think i'm going to give 10 weeks of less frequent doses and stick to the 4iu PrWO until my next cycle. Then i'll try 8IU EOD to see what all the hype is about.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Speaking strictly about AAS, not about GH or slin, large bolus doses are typically superior for putting on mass. This is not an absolute, but is pretty reliable. For what it’s worth, YMMV. The trade off, and there is ALWAYS a trade off, is the increase in undesirable side effects from bolus doses. Stable blood levels tend to bring on less severe side effects for many people.

You have to decide for yourself what’s more important for you. For most people, the difference in gains between frequent dosing and bolus dosing will not be ginormous, so the potential decrease in side effects is desirable.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Sully said "ginourmous" [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I remember long thread over at PM about exactly this. Phil Hernon (IFBB PRO) was saying the same thing. "The higher spike is more valuable than the lower constant level. You may be hard pressed to find a study to reflect this?

Speaking strictly about AAS, not about GH or slin, large bolus doses are typically superior for putting on mass. This is not an absolute, but is pretty reliable. For what it’s worth, YMMV. The trade off, and there is ALWAYS a trade off, is the increase in undesirable side effects from bolus doses. Stable blood levels tend to bring on less severe side effects for many people.

You have to decide for yourself what’s more important for you. For most people, the difference in gains between frequent dosing and bolus dosing will not be ginormous, so the potential decrease in side effects is desirable.

I agree. No one is going to put on 10 extra pounds of muscle running the same dose but changing the injection frequency. But large bolus doses can do what Sully stated. If running shorter cycles it would be worth trying out. Although for most I would go with what concreteguy stated. Up doses over time but rotate 1 or all compounds every 6 to 8 weeks.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I prefer frequent injections. It doesn't have to be daily but when I shoot big doses in 1 day I always get hit with side effects. I tried it with test last year and would feel anxious the next day. I don't usually get anxiety from gear but that big surge in hormones never suited me. It's worth trying to see if you prefer but the results aren't going to be much different.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I prefer frequent injections. It doesn't have to be daily but when I shoot big doses in 1 day I always get hit with side effects. I tried it with test last year and would feel anxious the next day. I don't usually get anxiety from gear but that big surge in hormones never suited me. It's worth trying to see if you prefer but the results aren't going to be much different.

I agree as it's always worth trying something new. I tried one big dose of sustanon per week years back and I liked it. At my age I get more side effects from dosing things high. I tried 60mg dbol pre workout and it was too high. Many say hgh is best dosed high 3 times per week for mass gains and at smaller doses through the day for fat loss. I don't think it makes much difference.

heavy hitter

Mar 18, 2006
Theres a really long thread in the articles section at PM by Ouchthathurts about taking 1 large dose of sust either weekly or every other week and letting the esthers do what theyre suppose to. Pretty interesting

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Theres a really long thread in the articles section at PM by Ouchthathurts about taking 1 large dose of sust either weekly or every other week and letting the esthers do what theyre suppose to. Pretty interesting

I tried that after reading the thread. It was good but no better than using sust a few times weekly. If someone wanted to try a big dose of test like that I would go with sust or another blend with a mix of esters.

Ironlion2

Mar 9, 2018

thats where the idea came from. He didnt give much detail so I was a little skeptical for a while. Really liking the 3ml E7D of Sust (not real sust its 350mg/ml of prop,enth,cyp,deca.)

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa

Not so. He was making the point that Sus is designed to release in many stages and was designed as a once a week shot.

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Not so. He was making the point that Sus is designed to release in many stages and was designed as a once a week shot.
Yep it was designed for trt.

Why people dispute the single weekly dose being effective is beyond me.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I prefer frequent doses even with long esters. I doubt there is much difference but I try to keep high but stable levels if I can. The sustanon cycle could be worth trying. Has anyone used high doses once per week of anything?

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I wanted to input I think most older guys have done cycles with 1 weekly shot. I used to do that a lot. I think any less than that and levels will drop too much. Later on when I started using higher doses I would always split that up into at least 2 shots per week.