©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Baking Soda/ Sodium Bicarbonate

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I have been telling people about the benefits of Sodium Bicarbonate for years. I started researching when I had Gout many years ago. Besides it is very benefitial to the kidneys. As little as 1/2 teaspoon at night before bed.
I found that I have Rheumatoid arthritis. It flares up now and then. Baking soda has helped immensely. Almost immediate relief from strange random aches and pains.
This study although not perfect is reassuring.

https://eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-04/mcog-dbs042418.php

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I wonder if this could help with my IBS. Thanks for the link.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for posting. I have been meaning to start using SB. Such an easy thing to add in with lots of potential benefits.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Thanks for the link. I have never used it but have heard it is good. I might try it out.

kathy

Banned
May 7, 2018
Is sodium bicarbonate same as baking soda..can I use the baking soda (that I use for baking) for oral treatment?

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Is sodium bicarbonate same as baking soda..can I use the baking soda (that I use for baking) for oral treatment?
Yes. Exactly the same.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Couple spoonfulls of baking soda in a small glass of water kills heartburn almost immediately also, tastes like holy ass but the shit works.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Couple spoonfulls of baking soda in a small glass of water kills heartburn almost immediately also, tastes like holy ass but the shit works.
It's the only thing that changes The PH in the body. As little as 1/2 a teaspoon. They gave it to candidates for dialysis and after 1 year of sodium bicarbonate none of the patients needed dialysis. Pretty amazing.
But still tastes like Ass.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

BG

Nov 17, 2013
WOW!!! Never heard of this. For my joints i have been using omega, glucosamine, and tumeric.. amazing benifit to me and my girlfriend. but she can no longer use the omega because of burping and stomach issues. I will give this a try. THanks a lot

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Been popular by competition athletes for decades . Great for sports endurance etc. I believe some companies combine in their creatine pwo powders .

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Sodium bicarb is an old school supplement, nothing fancy, that when consumed, is able to increase blood carbonate levels (and hence pH) and buffer against fatigue from exercise induced acid build up. It is an extracellular buffer and works outside of the cells, in the blood.

If you check many preworkout supps you may actually find that it’s part of the ingredients.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
ATTENTION! WARNING! WARNING! DANGER!

DO NOT mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with your preworkout! This results in a handheld, explosive preworkout geyser that will drench everything within 20 feet of you with a stinky, eye burning, liquid mess. Ask me how I found this out.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
ATTENTION! WARNING! WARNING! DANGER!

DO NOT mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda with your preworkout! This results in a handheld, explosive preworkout geyser that will drench everything within 20 feet of you with a stinky, eye burning, liquid mess. Ask me how I found this out.
Come on do tell. I think I've got an idea!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Cuz I did it this morning. Threw everything into a shaker bottle, closed the lid and started shaking. 10 seconds later the lid blew open, directly into my eyes, while I was standing in the middle of the living room! It continued to spew a pressurized stream of foamy preworkout for the next 15 seconds as I stumbled blindly into the kitchen, and finally tossed the bottle into the sink just as it emptied itself.

It took me the better part of an hour to clean it all up. Everything is covered in a spray of preworkout. The carpet, the walls, the ceiling, the ceiling fans, the kitchen cabinets, every appliance in the kitchen, the hardwood floors, literally fucking everything got sprayed with it. The only way I could have made a bigger mess would have been to bring the garden hose into the house and spray everything down. It was like mixing Diet Coke and Mentos in your living room.

Needless to say, I am not happy with myself.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Cuz I did it this morning. Threw everything into a shaker bottle, closed the lid and started shaking. 10 seconds later the lid blew open, directly into my eyes, while I was standing in the middle of the living room! It continued to spew a pressurized stream of foamy preworkout for the next 15 seconds as I stumbled blindly into the kitchen, and finally tossed the bottle into the sink just as it emptied itself.

It took me the better part of an hour to clean it all up. Everything is covered in a spray of preworkout. The carpet, the walls, the ceiling, the ceiling fans, the kitchen cabinets, every appliance in the kitchen, the hardwood floors, literally fucking everything got sprayed with it. The only way I could have made a bigger mess would have been to bring the garden hose into the house and spray everything down. It was like mixing Diet Coke and Mentos in your living room.

Needless to say, I am not happy with myself.
Better than I imagined!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I actually wish someone had been recording it, because it would for sure have gone viral. In hindsight, it was pretty hilarious.

Foxman101

Donating Member
Jun 5, 2018
So your mixing the baking soda with water and it’s helping with Gerd ? I’ve been using apple cider vinigar

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
So your mixing the baking soda with water and it’s helping with Gerd ? I’ve been using apple cider vinigar
Either works depending on circumstances. Acv will cause the body to stop acid production. Baking soda will stop acid instantly but the body will make acid soon after. Baking soda is also a good anti inflammatory and great for the kidneys.