©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Ronnie Coleman Still Needs More Surgeries & Still Workouts With Numb Legs

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Ronnie Coleman Still Needs More Surgeries & Still Workouts With Numb Legs - YouTube

What are your guys thoughts on Ronnie now? That fighters spirit is good but I can't help but think he needs to stop being stupid. He has had a hip replacement and he is still going to failure with as much weight as he can lift. If he injures himself he will end up in a wheelchair for life. He can't even feel his legs properly now. His body looks like a jacked 70 year olds.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I think it’s his life, and he has every right to live it in any way that he sees fit to. Just as I have every right to live my life in whatever way I choose. What he does has no effect on me in any way, shape, form or fashion. He’s a man that possesses the single minded focus, ambition and dedication that it took to reach the absolute pinnacle of success in his chosen field. Who am I to second guess how he lives his life?

More power to ya, Ronnie!

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
I think it’s his life, and he has every right to live it in any way that he sees fit to. Just as I have every right to live my life in whatever way I choose. What he does has no effect on me in any way, shape, form or fashion. He’s a man that possesses the single minded focus, ambition and dedication that it took to reach the absolute pinnacle of success in his chosen field. Who am I to second guess how he lives his life?

More power to ya, Ronnie!

Well said Sully!

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have posted about this a few times recently. I do agree but I also fully agree with Sully. Well said Sully. Just do what you want and don't care about what some random guy on the internet thinks. Although my view is conflicted as I also think it is a shame seeing him essentially put himself in a wheelchair. I don't think he will be walking in 5 years put it that way. But part of me just wants to yell Yeah Buddy and do your thing :D

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I have to be one of his greatest fans so don't take this as criticism. I think the tear drop areas of his quads have very strange development/ or lack of. I'm wondering if years of seo directly into them could have caused this
?

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
He is still the king but it is crazy to see the change in him over the last 5 years.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
I have to be one of his greatest fans so don't take this as criticism. I think the tear drop areas of his quads have very strange development/ or lack of. I'm wondering if years of seo directly into them could have caused this
?

No I don't think it will be that at all. He has severe nerve issues that has caused muscular dystrophy in his legs. He had major spinal/back issues and of course a hip replacement. He has stated he can't even feel his legs properly. I believe one of them is completely numb. This is why I posted what I did above. Whilst I think go for it he is essentially putting himself in a wheelchair training like that with all these issues. I guess I would be the same though but he definitely needs to be careful. I wish him all the best.

Last edited:

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
He still has that fighting spirit that made him the best ever. He won't be surpassed for a very long time.

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
Markus Ruhl told a story over at team-andro about Ronnie Coleman at the 2017 Mr O. Said that people ignored or looked down on Ronnie for his condition and didn't show any respect for his achievements. Ruhl even claimed that he needed to help Ronnie go to the bathroom, which should tell you how bad his disability really is.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ron will never give it up. After watching his incredible training vids you see a man with the will of a hundred men. I think his views of training is so incrusted in his very fiber he just couldn't walk away if he had too walk away. That's why he is I.M.O TGOAT

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Markus Ruhl told a story over at team-andro about Ronnie Coleman at the 2017 Mr O. Said that people ignored or looked down on Ronnie for his condition and didn't show any respect for his achievements. Ruhl even claimed that he needed to help Ronnie go to the bathroom, which should tell you how bad his disability really is.

In most recent videos I see he is on crutches or in a wheelchair when moving from place to place. I am not sure if that was due to his last surgery or it's more a permanent thing. He may have got better over the last few months. It's a shame to see him like this now but as Concreteguy posted he is the GOAT and at his best was freakier than anyone today. Marcus Ruhl was another one of the freakiest guys ever as well.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Ronnie Coleman Still Needs More Surgeries & Still Workouts With Numb Legs - YouTube

What are your guys thoughts on Ronnie now? That fighters spirit is good but I can't help but think he needs to stop being stupid. He has had a hip replacement and he is still going to failure with as much weight as he can lift. If he injures himself he will end up in a wheelchair for life. He can't even feel his legs properly now. His body looks like a jacked 70 year olds.

His legs are small due to nerve impingement but his upper body still looks better than most people walking the earth!

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
His legs are small due to nerve impingement but his upper body still looks better than most people walking the earth!

I was going to say the same thing. He still has better arm then most and will always be considered one of the greatest.
Legs are looking rough compared to the old RC but he is a fighter.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
If our whole society had that drive and dedication in whatever there endeavors our society would be advanced by hundreds of years if not more by now ....ashame it's a gift that can't really be taught.....

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
He has such passion for training and pushing he's willing to I guess suffer the consequences of continuing. He just can't put the iron down.

You have to admire his fight regardless of the consequences. I read he still trains every day of the week.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011

I agree. My post was more about his legs. His upper body is jacked. Don't take this as a negative post about how he looks. I can't stand it when guys expect pro bodybuilders to always look jacked. I would not care if he stopped training and weighed 150 pounds. This is more about the damage he is causing himself. I admire his spirit and the way he still trains. I just can't see a happy ending in this but who am I to say anything as it's his life and he is doing what he loves. I figured it was an interesting subject and I knew it would not be the most popular post on here.

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
he has numb legs... i get that too, time to time. I have a bulged disc. It flares up time to time. Sometimes when i train legs it will hit that nerve and ill get a rock hard boner on on my penis... yes sounds weird... ill literally have a fing boner at the gym from training because it hits those same nervers! but back injuries hits those nerves. what ultimately killed by back was deep heavy leg presses. The orthopedic surgeon who did the MRI told me that. i still train legs even though it hurts. i dont train as intense on legs like i once did..just be carefull on leg presses. DO NOT GO DEEP! (ie:knees touching chest) it rolls your back up and puts alot of stress on the back

Last edited:

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
he has numb legs... i get that too, time to time. I have a bulged disc. It flares up time to time. Sometimes when i train legs it will hit that nerve and ill get a rock hard boner on on my penis... yes sounds weird... ill literally have a fing boner at the gym from training because it hits those same nervers! but back injuries hits those nerves. what ultimately killed by back was deep heavy leg presses. The orthopedic surgeon who did the MRI told me that. i still train legs even though it hurts. i dont train as intense on legs like i once did..just be carefull on leg presses. DO NOT GO DEEP! (ie:knees touching chest) it rolls your back up and puts alot of stress on the back
it wouldnt let me edit anymore so i just copied and pasted what i typed/edited. im horrible with writing/typing

he has numb legs... i get that too, time to time. I have a bulged disc. It flares up time to time. Sometimes when i train legs it will hit that nerve and ill get a rock hard boner on on my penis... yes sounds weird... ill literally have a fing boner at the gym from training because it hits those same nerves! but back injuries hits those nerves. what ultimately killed my back was deep heavy leg presses. the doc told me not squats, not hacks, but deep leg press. The orthopedic surgeon who did the MRI told me that. he was a veteran weight lifter. i still train legs even though it hurts. i dont train as intense on legs like i once did..just be carefull on leg presses. DO NOT GO DEEP! (ie:knees touching chest) it rolls your back up and puts alot of stress on the back

MyNameIsJeff

Sep 24, 2017
just be carefull on leg presses. DO NOT GO DEEP! (ie:knees touching chest) it rolls your back up and puts alot of stress on the back
Amen brother, I have seen so many guys who injured their back on the leg press, while I have yet to see someone (with good form) injure themselves with squats.