©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cycles Question

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
I was wondering what you guys thought about doing an estrogen suppression cycle to get more out of doing a cycle of gear. Really I'm wondering is it worth the effort, money, and time. Figured at least a few of you would have some back ground with this.... also too during the gear cycle I was wondering what you guys thought of using Arimidex, i hear good things about it mainly that it will do the job of other aromatase inhibitors but with almost none of the side effects and along with that it will to a large degree will act as an anti-estrogen too.... but its really really expensive imo. I wanted to see if you guys thought its was worth the money or just take something like Cytadren along with Nolvadex.... Thanks a lot!!!

IronMan

Oct 22, 2006
I think a A-dex is not required on such a lite cycle mabey the others will disagree. 20mg of nolavdex ed should be sufficient:D

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
ya its kinda expensive... thanks for the input.... but hey do you have any experiance with an estrogen suppression cycle????????

IronMan

Oct 22, 2006
20 mg ed of the nolvadex should be good on keeping it down.Plus alittle of it is not bad.Are you afraid of balloning up or something.Eat clean stay away from High fat and high sodium foods.

skullsmasher

Dec 18, 2005
brendanbreen said:
I was wondering what you guys thought about doing an estrogen suppression cycle to get more out of doing a cycle of gear. Really I'm wondering is it worth the effort, money, and time. Figured at least a few of you would have some back ground with this....

What exactly do yuo mean by "estrogen suppression cycle" ? You want to suppress estrogen on any cycle. It is def worth it to invest in a good AI/SERM for your cycles and you risk causing negative side effects if one is not administered. It will also make PCT (Do you know what that is?) more difficult if one is not included.

brendanbreen said:
also too during the gear cycle I was wondering what you guys thought of using Arimidex, i hear good things about it mainly that it will do the job of other aromatase inhibitors but with almost none of the side effects and along with that it will to a large degree will act as an anti-estrogen too.... but its really really expensive imo. I wanted to see if you guys thought its was worth the money or just take something like Cytadren along with Nolvadex.... Thanks a lot!!!

It IS an anti estrogen, technically an aromatase inhibitor (Not a selective estrogen receptor modulator like nolvadex). It It works by blocking the aromatase enzyme which prevents testosterone from converting to estrogen and it also increases testosterone levels.

I consider it standard precaution to use Adex as opposed to nolvadex when a 19nor (Deca/Tren for example) is being used. DHT and/or Test, Nolva is fine IMO. Also, with tren, or a high dosed 19nor I would suggest cabergoline as well.

Last edited:

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
i was talking about a suppression cycle to lower my estrogen levels to supposedly to get more out of a cycle before your gear cycle

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
Arimidex is an aromatose inhibitor and I have some, but the problem I see is it half-life is 50 hours for a 1mg qd dose and there is 5 half lifes in one life of a drug. Its used in the medical field as an first line treeatment for locally advance or metastatic breast cancer. Nolvadex is an antiestrogen also used for breast cancer after surgery and radiation treatment unlike arimidex which will inhibit the enzyme aromatase which is partially responsible for conversion of precursors to estrogen. According to the medical journel after a 10 week study of using 1mg daily in teenage boys there were no signs of any decrease of test or protein breakdown, but one thing that I did find interesting was the administration of arimidex resulted in a subtle, but significant, decline in IGF-I concentrations. You can read more about this at http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/7/2370 :sniper:

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
I’m sure people have done this but I think it would be a bad idea to do a whole cycle while using Arimidex since estrogen in males are needed for hormonal balance and the function of other glands. I have Arimidex and Nolavdex and I’m using the Nolavdex now but when I do my PCT I will probably use the Arimidex to wipe out as much free estrogen as well because after the Nolavedex wears off I should have a large amount of free estrogen in my body. I plan on taking a blood test to use as a guide to see where my estrogen is after I start my PCT, even by using Nolavdex, the estrogen is there and will show up, it is just not binding at ALL OF The receptors. It’s a fairly cheap test and you can do a blood test or a 24 urine test but the blood test is more accurate. And if you do go in be honest with your healthcare provider after you get into the room and he or she will not turn you away because they are legally responsible if they turn you away knowing you have a medical condition that needs to be treated. If you are not honest and when the test comes back high he or she will order tests to rule out any tumors of the testes, or adrenal or liver damage.

skullsmasher

Dec 18, 2005
Anastrozole has been shown to reduce estrogen levels about 50% with a 1mg dose and increase testosterone 50%+ as well. Considering one would be using aromatizing compounds and/or prolactin/progesterone increasing compounds as well, this decrease in estrogen is optimal (with a proper dose of Anastrozole) since you will be producing more estrogen than you want. Another point is nolvadex has progestin increasing properties which, if using a 19nor group, is not a good thing. Nolvadex is fine for test only cycles or test+non 19nor but, IMO Adex is superior.

Last edited:

skullsmasher

Dec 18, 2005
brendanbreen said:
i was talking about a suppression cycle to lower my estrogen levels to supposedly to get more out of a cycle before your gear cycle

Pointless idea, seriously.

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
Well what i like about adex is that it prevents the test from turning to estrogen so more of the test is remaining test oppose to novldex whick just blocks the estrogen from the reseptor sites and your wasting test and from what ive read that at 500mg of test a week and .5 mg of adex eod you have a change rate of 10% to estrogen so its still safe as far as that goes.... and if you use 10mg eod of nolvadex you get 0% estrogen activity

IronMan

Oct 22, 2006
brendanbreen said:
Well what i like about adex is that it prevents the test from turning to estrogen so more of the test is remaining test oppose to novldex whick just blocks the estrogen from the reseptor sites and your wasting test and from what ive read that at 500mg of test a week and .5 mg of adex eod you have a change rate of 10% to estrogen so its still safe as far as that goes.... and if you use 10mg eod of nolvadex you get 0% estrogen activity
I dont think so A-dex will block more estrogen then nolvadex Plus I dont recommend using A-dex after a cycle.A-dex will suppress your HDL(good cholestrol levels) which is not heathly Nolvadex will help get your LSH levels back up combined with HGC which in returns raises your blood t-levels back up to normal

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
two different drugs with two complete different mode of action. Nolvadex, you have to monitor a patient CBC, platelets, and CA levels. Also, nolvadex may increase T4 levels. Arimidex will cause an increase that is only important to people like us is the LDL levels, but Nolvadex will also. Nolvadex competes with estrogen in binding site. Arimidex acts as an antagonist and it therapeutic effect acts by lowering the level of circulating estrogen. Also something you may not know is that Nolvadex will cause loss of libido and impotence in guys and arimidex will not. Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
ironman... i never said anything about adex for pct just on cycle... and mike thanks for the heads up on libido part... you sold me

mike1991

Sep 5, 2006
Mental Hospital
brendanbreen said:
ironman... i never said anything about adex for pct just on cycle... and mike thanks for the heads up on libido part... you sold me

Im sure if you are taking Test with it, there will probably be no lack of libido. Males who take Nolvadex generally are not undergoing test treatments concurrently that is why it is listed as a side effect in drug books.