©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

got tendonitis?

turd ferguson

Feb 24, 2005
Hey new to the board, the forums are great lots of info.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has got tendonitis and what they do to aleviate it. I have worked out for the better part of the last 6 years, never done steroids, however I worked construction for the last 5 years and developed tendonitis in both biceps. I can still do curls and work out the muscle I just cant go crazy and do weight that I can only get like 6-8 reps on.

First treatment by a doctor was a shot of cortisone, now I take Ibuprofen occassionally or wrap it with a neoprene knee brace for kids.

I am considering a first cycle this summer but dont want it to get aggravated.
stats
6'0''
200lbs
29yrs old
dont know body fat but I could stand to loose a few

thanks,
turd

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
i have chronic tendonitis after major knee reconstruction(ACL, miniscus, peteller tendon, etc).

The doctor put me on celebrex for awhile and that worked incredibly well, but now they say it mght cause heart problems. Great.

What i ended up doing with my physical therapist is a lot of upper work in your range of movement(for my knee it was from parallel to 45*). Pretty much find your area of problem and isolate it. Ice was applied for 15 min after leg workouts which also alleviated some of my pain. Also if you can pick up some biofreeze(like icyhot but a bit better) it helps. Another thing that worked is an ultrasound machine which is only available through your physical therapist.

Good luck with that, best advice is to take it easy and ice it.

turd ferguson

Feb 24, 2005
dugie82 said:
i have chronic tendonitis after major knee reconstruction(ACL, miniscus, peteller tendon, etc).

The doctor put me on celebrex for awhile and that worked incredibly well, but now they say it mght cause heart problems. Great.

What i ended up doing with my physical therapist is a lot of upper work in your range of movement(for my knee it was from parallel to 45*). Pretty much find your area of problem and isolate it. Ice was applied for 15 min after leg workouts which also alleviated some of my pain. Also if you can pick up some biofreeze(like icyhot but a bit better) it helps. Another thing that worked is an ultrasound machine which is only available through your physical therapist.

Good luck with that, best advice is to take it easy and ice it.

is the working theory to try and increase circulation to the area? I tried ice and I found that it made it worse. You know PIER (pressure ice elevation and rest). I also tried viox but that didnt do anything either. Its manageable to work out but I dont want to aggravate it so I was just wondering how a cycle effected it whether you are able to train around it.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
yeah i am able to train around it, but usually i only train legs lightly once a week.

never heard of it in your biceps though, is it in your lower bicep near your forearm? Did a PT diagnose you with it?

I see how it could happen, i get some mad pumps in my lower biceps after a workout, but if i keep off it for 2-3 days its over. tendonitis is much different in my knee, keeping me off for at least a week or two once it starts. If ice doesn't work try a heat wrap.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
turd ferguson said:
First treatment by a doctor was a shot of cortisone, now I take Ibuprofen occassionally or wrap it with a neoprene knee brace for kids.turd
I take naproxen sodium (generic Aleve) and I wrap my left elbow in a knee brace while I'm working out. It works pretty well. Also try some grip variations. For example, I find that if I do my heaviest curls with a hammer grip and all of the rest with a regular palms up grip, I don't have anywhere near as much pain.

Do you know what post is missing?

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
not for tendon problems my friend. Joint issues yes, but even mega dosing on MSM and joint supps will not produce results. Deca will provide lubrication for the joints, but not prevent against inflammation.

Champ24

Mar 4, 2005
Celebrex is no stronger than ibuprofen. The only difference is that celecoxib only blocks the COX-1 receptor and ibuprofen blocks both COX-2 and COX-1 receptors, which is bad on your stomach so this is given to patients with chronic arthritis who are going to be taking a lot of NSAIDS to reduce the occurrence of gastrointestinal ulcers. If I were you I would take naproxen(Aleve) due to it's longer duration over ibuprofen, although it is also harder on your stomach.

W

wolfyEVH

Champ24 said:
Celebrex is no stronger than ibuprofen. The only difference is that celecoxib only blocks the COX-1 receptor and ibuprofen blocks both COX-2 and COX-1 receptors, which is bad on your stomach so this is given to patients with chronic arthritis who are going to be taking a lot of NSAIDS to reduce the occurrence of gastrointestinal ulcers. If I were you I would take naproxen(Aleve) due to it's longer duration over ibuprofen, although it is also harder on your stomach.

not to mention ibuprofen (advil) makes your protein synthesis go down....not good for building musclemass