©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Who's Old School?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I sure am. My age puts me dead in the center of these moments. I was living for each new issue of Muscle(anything)magazine. Guys I was buying Muscletech powder before they even made an attempt at improving taste. I was always doing the five primary lifting moves and can still remember seeing Arnold doing the "dating game" TV show. I remember him and Franco being interviewed on Carson. I would literally read and re-read all the magazines over and over. I subscribed to Dan's underground monthly news group. That was such a good time in my life. Now in my log I'm getting a chance to re-live some of this again.

I hope this video can bring back a few of those wonderful memories for you guys.

You guys have any stories I would love to hear them.........

[ame]https://youtu.be/Si9bXnuGPnM[/ame]

Jim550

Oct 26, 2012
I used to love watching a little Pumping Iron before heading to the gym

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
CG, I don’t think anyone here is as old school as you, buddy. I was born the year the Arnold won his final Olympia, so I certainly don’t qualify. I’m still kind of a young pup compared to you.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
As long as I can still bring it, I'm ok with what ever my age is. Ageing sucks, no getting around it. I look at the new pics of me every time I get my license re-newed and I can't believe what the fuck I'm seeing. A one way road with no U-TURNS.

Hopefully one day in the distant future you will be able to reflect back on our times here and in some small way I could help motivate you? That would be a good thing. :)

Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I used to buy all the magazines. I even have the very first issue of Musclemag International. They were once great tools of knowledge before the ads started dominating them and the internet was around,,,thats about all we had.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Hopefully one day in distant future you will be able to reflect back on our times here and in some small way I could help motivate you? That would be a good thing. :)

You already do. You got a couple decades on me, and I wish I looked as good as you do.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
CG you're talking about Muscle Tech, when you were in your teens, MLO was the big product. I remember a couple of my older cousins using it.

When I started (80's), Weider, Twin Labs and Ultimate Nutrition were the big companies. Ultimate Orange became the go to pre-workout drink. Razor Ripped was good too...all ephedrine based. For straight caffeine Turbo Tea was good...a lot of caffeine and a lot of sugar! (This was the 90's). When I started working out, Lee Haney had just become Mr. Olympia. I got to train at a very old school, hardcore gym...it was awesome! Three racks of dumbbells...5 to 50, 5 to 50 and 5 to 210lbs. Off the top of my head I can remember 5 members who were benching 500lbs back then...pretty good considering the bench press record was just over 700lbs. Good times, good memories!!

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I remember it was a white plastic bucket with a very simple white label with blue print. Yes, my mom was buying them for me. lol And BIO, I love stories like that. Thanks for sharing!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
CG you're talking about Muscle Tech, when you were in your teens, MLO was the big product. I remember a couple of my older cousins using it.

When I started (80's), Weider, Twin Labs and Ultimate Nutrition were the big companies. Ultimate Orange became the go to pre-workout drink. Razor Ripped was good too...all ephedrine based. For straight caffeine Turbo Tea was good...a lot of caffeine and a lot of sugar! (This was the 90's). When I started working out, Lee Haney had just become Mr. Olympia. I got to train at a very old school, hardcore gym...it was awesome! Three racks of dumbbells...5 to 50, 5 to 50 and 5 to 210lbs. Off the top of my head I can remember 5 members who were benching 500lbs back then...pretty good considering the bench press record was just over 700lbs. Good times, good memories!!

The original Ultimate Orange got banned - think it had clen in it - the original was the bomb. The copy cat was crap.
Could go to GNC and get GHB and clenbuteral.
That didn't lady long at all.
The gym I went to - the girls and kids all shrugged over 405 for reps.
I have a pic some were of Arnold- he came to my ymca to do a lecture- think it was 30 years ago. Think I was 20 or so
I used too love the old gyms 40 years ago - they were the bomb.
We used to pile into one of the older guys police car and drive to the pharmacy to get our juice.
Then later on we had the doctors prescribe any thing wee wanted. one of my buddies would get cases and cases of juice from the pharmacy - it was crazy.
Later on in the 90'sw had some girls that worked at a pharmaceutical warehouse - she would steel every thing - if there were 30 bottles of anadrol - she would take every one of them.
We would get cases of anavar - the 2cc bottles of deca had I think 24 bottles in each case- I used to get them for $20 a case
Anadrol was $20 pr bottle
Anavar - she had like 30 bottles- My buddy said - watch this - he looked art ther bottles and said - why would you get this - I don't want it - being it back.
She almost shit and gave it all to us .free.
Was going to save them all for the next show - my buddy offered $400 pr bottle - I told only if you buy all of them.
Crazy days
Crazy strong people.
Man i could go on for ever. But don't think I'm making sence any more
I started in I think 1983

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
A little later they had opty fuil - that stuff made my buddy fatty so bad..
He cloaded the whole side of the gym.
We got kicked out

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Anyone else ever have the Sony walkman ?
later the diskman? hanging out in the fanny pack just above the thin Mchammer type of parachute pants.

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
Anyone else ever have the Sony walkman ?
later the diskman? hanging out in the fanny pack just above the thin Mchammer type of parachute pants.

Have to move the little tab thing to "anti-skip" protection...then would put that in my camaro to play cd's through the tape player...damn, that's bringing back some memories...

CG--I had hand-me-down parachute pants from my older brother...

-s

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
What?
I loved the parachute pants
They were the bomb man.
I still have my fanny pack- love it - had every thing in there.
My tape player was a look alike
What about the tuxedo shirts?- did it
Good times