©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

is this enough?

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
here is what i ate yestarday i am only 150 at 5'8'' i dont have a big stomach so it is hard to pack in alot.

a big fried chicken breast, glass of apple juice
3 eggs,2 sausage links,serving of hash browns/WATER
40g protein/220cal shake
8 mild chicken wings and a bunch of celery and ranch/Mt.Dew
4 cheese alfrado pasta and sausage/water
2 servings popcorn chicken and ranch./3 beers.
and that was everything for yestarday ..i was awake for 16 hours that means every 2.5 hours i was putting something into my system.
IS THIS ENOUGH ?

P

pincrusher

cawb said:
here is what i ate yestarday i am only 150 at 5'8'' i dont have a big stomach so it is hard to pack in alot.

a big fried chicken breast, glass of apple juice
3 eggs,2 sausage links,serving of hash browns/WATER
40g protein/220cal shake
8 mild chicken wings and a bunch of celery and ranch/Mt.Dew
4 cheese alfrado pasta and sausage/water
2 servings popcorn chicken and ranch./3 beers.
and that was everything for yestarday ..i was awake for 16 hours that means every 2.5 hours i was putting something into my system.
IS THIS ENOUGH ?
to answer your own question, get a book that shows food counts such as corrine nesters book ofg food counts and add up all the calories, protein, carbs etc.
from the looks of it your diet needs to be fine tuned a little to prevent to much fat gain.
try adding at least 1 more protein shake but preferably 2 somewhere in your meal plan. also look to get a weight gainer protein shake cause the one you are using doesnt have enough cals in it, that or add some icecream to it and a banana, or chocolate syrup or anything else that will add calories

P

pincrusher

i sat down and wrote down what i ate yesterday so here it is, im 210lbs at 5'6"
breakfast 2am: 100gram protein shake 1200cals
snack 3am: 6 whole eggs with cheese & 50gram protein shake
another snack 4:30am 30 gram protein bar
breakfast 6:30am 8 whole eggs with cheese & 6 sausage patties/ green tea
8:30am preworkout drink: 50gram protein shake with 5gm glutamine & 5 gram creatine
11am post workout drink same as preworkout
12pm 2 cans tuna with low fat mayo & hot sauce
3pm 100gram protein shake
6pm last meal before bed 1 can tuna w/hitsauce & 8 ozs cottage cheese
still didnt feel like i ate enough though so will probably upp everythign once i get back from china

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
pincrusher said:
i sat down and wrote down what i ate yesterday so here it is, im 210lbs at 5'6"
breakfast 2am: 100gram protein shake 1200cals
snack 3am: 6 whole eggs with cheese & 50gram protein shake
another snack 4:30am 30 gram protein bar
breakfast 6:30am 8 whole eggs with cheese & 6 sausage patties/ green tea
8:30am preworkout drink: 50gram protein shake with 5gm glutamine & 5 gram creatine
11am post workout drink same as preworkout
12pm 2 cans tuna with low fat mayo & hot sauce
3pm 100gram protein shake
6pm last meal before bed 1 can tuna w/hitsauce & 8 ozs cottage cheese
still didnt feel like i ate enough though so will probably upp everythign once i get back from china
but just right off the top of my head i added up over 450 g of protein for you isnt anything more than 2 g per lb a waste , or no

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
pincrusher said:
to answer your own question, get a book that shows food counts such as corrine nesters book ofg food counts and add up all the calories, protein, carbs etc.
from the looks of it your diet needs to be fine tuned a little to prevent to much fat gain.
try adding at least 1 more protein shake but preferably 2 somewhere in your meal plan. also look to get a weight gainer protein shake cause the one you are using doesnt have enough cals in it, that or add some icecream to it and a banana, or chocolate syrup or anything else that will add calories
i dont believe i have gained any fat my stomach is just as flat as ever. and i will make sure to add another protein shake in there somewhere, and also i have a 2500 cal shake at the house i just didnt bring it to work with me but it is hard to get down way to thick, it is 3 cups of powder for one cup milk..
i want weight but i dont want alot of extra fat , i like the lean /mean look :twisted:

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
cawb i usedto think i ate a lot and it eneded up being like 2500. now i count and ithought i was gonna die eating 3000. now i eat 4000 andim still hungry. i think im eating too much

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
healthfreak said:
4000 is not to much its a good thing. Maybe just clean the diet up alitle.

Hay HF was it you that posted a sample diet over a bb.com ? if so you should post it over here it looked good ,

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
Here is a list of what I eat
brown rice
whole wheat past(noodles)
whole oats
potatoes
eggs( mainly just the egg whites)
steak
chicken breasts
tuna
salmon
whey protein
skim milk
weight gainer
brocolli
fruit

each of My meals usually consist of like 50 grams of protein. I usually eat 6 or 7 meals a day and around 4000 calories per day. 40% of my calories are from carbs, 35% come from protein and 25% from fats. my fats are EFA's ( essential fatty acids) these are olive oil, flax oil or any other healthy oil or nuts.
here is an example of 6 meals I would eat.

meal 1
2 chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup of brown rice
glass of skim milk
1 tablespoon of olive oil
some salsa

meal 2
1 12oz sirloin steak
1 large potato
some brocolli
olive oil
1 glass of skim milk

meal 3
6 tuna sandwich "with out" mayo
2 slices whole wheat bread
skim milk
whey protein
bannana

meal 4 pre workout meal
1 scoop of whey protein
1 glass of milk
1 scoop weight gainer

meal 5 post ( after workout)
1 scoop whey
1 scoop weight gainer
1 tablespoon peanut butter

meal 6
1 cup raw oats
glass of milk
1 fuit ( bannana, apple etc)my favorite is peach
3 egg yolks and 6 egg whites

meal 7
1 1/2 chicken breasts
1 cup whole wheat noodles
1 olive oil tablespoon
glass of juice
2 slices of whole grain bread

meal 8 (Right before bed)
2 scoops whey proten
milk
glass of juice

I also drink at least 1 gallon of water a day and take glutamine and multi vitamins. generally I get 2 gallons

P

pincrusher

great diet post healthfreak. :)

cawb, the only thing i was worried about with your diet was the coatings from the fried foods but if ya aint seein any added fat around the middle then keep with it.

P

pincrusher

cawb said:
but just right off the top of my head i added up over 450 g of protein for you isnt anything more than 2 g per lb a waste , or no
the largest pro bodybuilder ever, greg kovacs, used to eat 3-4 solid food meals and at least 4 protein shakes each of which were over 100grams of protein & 1000+ cals. he stated that this was the only way he could get to and maintain a weight in excess of 400lbs. i am trying to model my diet somewhat after him with a high amount of liquid intake since it is easier to get down and you will not feel as full nearly as long as if you tried to eat the same amount of protein in solid foods.
no anything over 2x bodyweight is not a waste unless you start to see it going directly to your waist. if you were able to ever get the real diets of pro's and not the ones they put in the magazines you would find that a large majority of them eat well over the 2x bodyweight protein recommendation.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
big o said:
Pussy...you couldn't have 5 beers......
NO WAY after 3 i was already fallen down drunk :wtf: :puke:

J/K it probably was more like 6 didnt want to seem like a drunk..lol :beer: :40oz: :Beer: :all_cohol

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
pincrusher said:
great diet post healthfreak. :)

cawb, the only thing i was worried about with your diet was the coatings from the fried foods but if ya aint seein any added fat around the middle then keep with it.
i kinda figured the fried foods was what you were talking about i dont always eat alot of fried foods that was just for that day, but i will definitly take your advice and try to drink down some more shakes with some added calories. thanks everybody this was a good thread for me :D

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
Arnold did kind of the same thing. He ate 3 whole food meals and 3 shakes. his shakes were monstercalories.