©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Getting Prepared for 2018..... Q & A

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
What's up fellas'..... what a CRAZY 2017.... My competition season has concluded for this year..... started off kinda slow but really turned it on the last few months.... In went like this

Apr 2017- NPC Diamond Classic- 40+ 2nd Place, Open 3rd Place... thought I had this one...played around with Halo at the very end and surprisingly was holding water (somehow).... dripping all over the place.. guy that won looked good..
May 2017- Florida Grand Prix- 40+ 1st Place, Open 4th.. This was our biggest show last year ... Over 400 athletes... THIS show was going to determine whether I was going to make my reservations for Pittsburgh. Won my class and almost eeked out the Masters Overall
July 2017- Masters Nationals - 40+ 1st Place and Overall- PRO CARD
45+ 1st Place and Overall
What can I say? prep for this was PERFECT...best package of my LIFE..
Absolutely KILLED it....
August 2017- Tampa Pro - Pro Debut. 40+ 2nd Place, Open 16th BUT technically didn't finish last....Had 78 pts , 7 guys had 80

A phenomenal season to say the least..... So after touching back down to Earth I'm anxious to get back to work....Mini_Truck and Tenny are going over pictures and comparisons to see what needs to be addressed...Got back 2 critiques and both are very positive.... Posing is definitely a weakness..... Shit I wung it at the Tampa Pro... spontaneously added two moves as the guys are on stage longer ...STILL placed 2nd..... gotta work on my Tris...that's a given as ive had an injury for 2 years but it seems better so we'll attack that.... need more back detail.... were gonna add some different movements attack traps as well.... so excited... really wanna make an impact in the Masters class.... I realize at 47 for me to even get close to a Top 5 placing in an Open show would be a daunting task but I certainly want to be in the mix with the older fellas'

The reason I put Q & A in the title is because I have no problems discussing my road to getting my card or where I'm headed on this new journey.. .... if anyone is curious, about anything please just ask... i'd love to help.... I've learned ALOT on the forums.... made some pretty good friends too...and thankfully, met my Coach and REALLY good friend Mini-Truck...so I'm here for you fellas.... please don't hesitate....

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Congrats on a GREAT season, Tree! Might as well start with an AAS question. What is your favorite and least favorite compound? Does your off-season protocol differ than your prep?

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
Congrats on a GREAT season, Tree! Might as well start with an AAS question. What is your favorite and least favorite compound? Does your off-season protocol differ than your prep?

Thank you my friend!!! Its been a dream come true!!!

Ha! of course!... I LOVE Masteron... I've always stayed away from it in the past cuz I "heard" it causes prostate issues....well we ALL know all hormones affect us DIFFERENTLY... Tren swells up my prostate like a grapefruit whereas Masteron doesn't at all...Glad I decided to give it another try (Thanks MT;)) for ME, its an all around FEEL GOOD hormone.

Absolutely.... i'll ramp things up around comp time and get more creative with the exotic shit..... off season I like to keep things more basic.. However, this off-season will be a bit different as goals are different.. trying to pack on as much size as I can isn't something i'm after anymore...now its about fine tuning..

bill2

Feb 16, 2015
congrats on your placings buddy!
i wanted to ask what precautions are u using as to avoid health related problems and more specificaly heart health -prostate -blood presure?
im 36 now and im worry about those subjects ..thanks

RA0513

Donating Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hi... congrats on your card. What advice would you give to a 42 yo doing his first show ever in Nov? How did you prepare for your first show? Did you use it as a learning experience for the next? Any advice for a novice doing his first show... Thank you and I'll be following along!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get it in ya

Donating Member
Jan 26, 2014
MTF congrats brother!! Very impressive!! Hope all is well. If you can answer, how did diet look like up to show. Dont have to go into detail but how many meals a day? Also i know you do cardio, how many mintes a day? Thank you brother!

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
congrats on your placings buddy!
i wanted to ask what precautions are u using as to avoid health related problems and more specificaly heart health -prostate -blood presure?
im 36 now and im worry about those subjects ..thanks

Thank you so much! Appreciate it!

I keep track of bloods pretty frequently.....2-3x a year....I've never suffered from BP issues or prostate issues (except when on Tren)... once I stop Tren it goes back to normal..... if my bloods show an issue i'll address it..... thankfully, up to now (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues...
I take a multi-V, fish oil... nothing out of this world..... my diet is squeaky clean....lots of fruits and veggies.. I would just stay on top of bloods

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
Hi... congrats on your card. What advice would you give to a 42 yo doing his first show ever in Nov? How did you prepare for your first show? Did you use it as a learning experience for the next? Any advice for a novice doing his first show... Thank you and I'll be following along!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!... The biggest piece of advice I would say is make sure "life is good".... if you have turmoil going on in your life more than likely you'll
1)- Quit
2)- Not look your best

If you're stressed out about work, home, whatever.... it WILL affect you... mentally and physically.. your mind HAS to be in a good place. Where your mind goes the body will follow,,... a true contest prep has ups and downs..... good and bad.... you just have to have the mental fortitude to stick with it.... 1% get on stage... remember that.

3) Have fun!.... what's the point if you're not enjoying it!... take notes... pictures.... use that information to improve.... every time you get on stage you want to better than the last time.....

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
MTF congrats brother!! Very impressive!! Hope all is well. If you can answer, how did diet look like up to show. Dont have to go into detail but how many meals a day? Also i know you do cardio, how many mintes a day? Thank you brother!

Get it!...MY BROTHER!!! How are you!?... Im a friggin IFBB PROOOO!!! believe that shit??!! LOL

FOR ME... NOTHING gets me leaner than white fish.... on paper, some fish and chicken are practically identical.... BUT, im just leaner and tighter with fish... calories were low.... crazy low... but MT and Tenny will tell you.... I do VERY well in that environment...
After the FGP I increased cardio to 2x a day.... 45min fasted then another 30-35min in the afternoons...... definitely paid dividends.... kept my size and strength somehow...... shit a week out I was Inclining 315lb for reps.....was some crazy shit:action-smiley-060:

get it in ya

Donating Member
Jan 26, 2014
Get it!...MY BROTHER!!! How are you!?... Im a friggin IFBB PROOOO!!! believe that shit??!! LOL

FOR ME... NOTHING gets me leaner than white fish.... on paper, some fish and chicken are practically identical.... BUT, im just leaner and tighter with fish... calories were low.... crazy low... but MT and Tenny will tell you.... I do VERY well in that environment...
After the FGP I increased cardio to 2x a day.... 45min fasted then another 30-35min in the afternoons...... definitely paid dividends.... kept my size and strength somehow...... shit a week out I was Inclining 315lb for reps.....was some crazy shit:action-smiley-060:

I am well brother thank you. Thank you for reply, good to know! You are a pro!!! Not many can say that, huge congrats!! Impressive! Saw a few pics. You did the work of course but TMT turned you into a pro:headbang:

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
I don't have a question, bro, but that is one hell of a run!! Congrats!

Thank you Fit!!.... it sure was!.... Ya know its hard to put into words in regards for preparing for Nats..... everything just kinda fell into place.... I felt FANTASTIC...while usually that deep id feel like death... I was energetic and was in a good mood for the most part... which is odd cuz usually im the opposite that deep into prep...I will tell you travelling stresses me out.... I have pictures of the day I arrived into Pittsburgh.... I was a bloated mess!!! I looked crazy fat.... the water retention was retarded....once I calmed the fuck down I normalized... i'm just floored that I did as well as I did....

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
I am well brother thank you. Thank you for reply, good to know! You are a pro!!! Not many can say that, huge congrats!! Impressive! Saw a few pics. You did the work of course but TMT turned you into a pro:headbang:

I love those 2 fuckers.... SOOO different but work fantastic together... I talk to MT everyday.... even if its not training related... its almost like I NEED to talk to him....just puts me at ease... Tenny just lets me have it if I need it... zero filter..... which I LOVE....LOL

Fitraver

Aug 12, 2017
Thank you Fit!!.... it sure was!.... Ya know its hard to put into words in regards for preparing for Nats..... everything just kinda fell into place.... I felt FANTASTIC...while usually that deep id feel like death... I was energetic and was in a good mood for the most part... which is odd cuz usually im the opposite that deep into prep...I will tell you travelling stresses me out.... I have pictures of the day I arrived into Pittsburgh.... I was a bloated mess!!! I looked crazy fat.... the water retention was retarded....once I calmed the fuck down I normalized... i'm just floored that I did as well as I did....

Isn't it great when for once in life everything just falls into place?? Feel like hat doesnt happen all too often, so when it does it is certainly something to enjoy. I wish you nothing but the best as you continue on!

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
what amounts and cycles are u using off season and contest time?

Without getting into TOO much detail I get more aggressive in a prep than the rest of the year.... my doses are highest leading up to comps.... off season not so high... for Mast Nats I was about 2g TOTAL ...off season I'm about half that total but my calories are MUCH higher.... however, this IMPROVEMENT season will be a bit different as i'm very close to where I want to be size-wise...

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
Isn't it great when for once in life everything just falls into place?? Feel like hat doesnt happen all too often, so when it does it is certainly something to enjoy. I wish you nothing but the best as you continue on!

I certainly picked the right time for EVERYTHING to come together!!! LOL... it was a straight up PERFECT prep...

I appreciate that my friend..... I wanna really stir shit up in the Masters class.....looking forward to making my mark!!!

Skinny01

Jul 27, 2017
How important do you think cardio is, and what do you think the most effective form of cardio is?

Mini Truck

NPC Judge
Nov 19, 2011
Earth, for now
Totally Floored Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTF and his lady Tiny stopped by for a visit before we headed to
the Tampa Pro.

MTF gave me a gift that honestly............brought me to tears.

I was humbled more than I ever have been in my life.

We are a TEAM, and he wanted me to share his turning Pro in
a way that was so selfless and generous, because that's how
he is as a person.

This was his gift to me :).

-MT

Attachments

• ginotrophy.jpg
    ginotrophy.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 94

mytreefiddy

Jan 1, 2013
That's right my friend... WE DID IT!.... Couldn't have done it without you guys..... so yes, I wanted to share that with you... You deserve it.... You're there with me good or bad... when i'm struggling or succeeding... when you got injured I knew you couldn't come up and watch me.... and I know it killed you not being there.... so instead I brought a bit of Pittsburgh back to you....;)

BOOOOOOOYAH!!!!