©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Creatine Year Round

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
Is taking creatine all year round a bad idea? Also does your body get usta it after a while and it become ineffective if u use for a long peroids of time?

W

wolfyEVH

from what i've heard, it is best to cycle it. say 2 months on, 1 month off......

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
The first time I used Creatine, I added about 12 pounds. When I stopped, I lost it all. If I take it now, I gain about 5 pounds, but I always lose it when I come off. Like Wolfy said, you should cycle it.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
I would have to say it depends on what you are looking for with creatine. If all you want is the muscle building effects, then sure cycle it.
Personally, I worked out out for more that 20 years before I experienced my first pump from working out. I owe that to the magic of creatine.
I admit that after the initial gain, you will not continually gain by using creatine, but it does have other benefits. It adds to your endurance and energy levels. it provides for that inspiring pump every workout and it has health benefits for your brain. So, if you are using it for more than the initial strength and size gains, you can use it year round.

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
alright heres one for you Dr. Say you are useing it with gear soo you take in 20g a day. for muscle and strenght. After your cycle you use 5-10g. Then when you get back on your cycle u move it up. U think that would work or naw?

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
Im just trying 2 figure out what works best becaues i dont wanna keep spending money on creatine if there is no need for it when off cycle.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
Usually they recommend 15-20 grams for a loading phase, 5g maintaining phase per day.

It sounds stupid but i've heard you are supposed to 'cycle' creatine for peroids of around 6 weeks(meaning up the intake to a loading phase then back down to maintaining afterwards).

btw no more than 5g every couple hours.

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
I cycle on and off usually at 2 month intervals. I believe 5g on off days and 10g on workout days is plenty. I don't believe many of us can actually use 10g though, a lot of that is pissed out in your urine. I stopped taking creatine for a while because I wasn't gaining a single pound off it. Then, this time I gained 8-10 lbs. Now I don't want to come off...lol, but I know it's best to so I will.

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
Need Recommendations On Some Good Creatine? And Good Source To Get It From. Also Anyone Use The Liquid? I've Read Alot Of Good Things However As In Any Case I've Read Afew Bad Things To

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
goo to bulk nutrition.com Cheap but GOOD creatine i use the EAS creatine phosphage. only 16 bucks for like 34 servings 5.25g in each serving. Cant beat that. Taste like coolaid 2

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
STATE CHAMP said:
Also Anyone Use The Liquid? I've Read Alot Of Good Things However As In Any Case I've Read Afew Bad Things To
You haven't read any good things about the liquid. Creatine is unstable in liquid. It has to be consumed immediately after it has been mixed with liquid.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Water

Jaysonl1424 said:
Is taking creatine all year round a bad idea? Also does your body get usta it after a while and it become ineffective if u use for a long peroids of time?
When doing Creatine,for any amount of time.(You can take it for long periods) but make SURE and drink LOTS at least 96ozs. of WATER.
Creatine's like shards of glass on your kidneys,flushing with water will resolve that prob. Also drink quickly after putting into fluid.it has a high and rapid affinity to turn into creatine mononitrite.within 5-6 minutes.mix with water.nothing acidic.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
jayson,my thirty2 cents

Jaysonl1424 said:
goo to bulk nutrition.com Cheap but GOOD creatine i use the EAS creatine phosphage. only 16 bucks for like 34 servings 5.25g in each serving. Cant beat that. Taste like coolaid 2
I'm sure it's fine,but try the real thing,bro'
Try pure USP Creatine Monohydrate 5g tsp.
stay away from flavored shit.
CM has no taste.you mix it w/1/4 cup water. stir and slam it down immediately.

Severe

Lil' Souljah
May 31, 2005
What about dumping it in my mouth, then downing a glass of water so that I get every last bit in my system and not in my cup?

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I was told that the best way to take creatine is to mix it with unsweatened grape juice somthing about the natural shugar's will help your body absorb the product ,
anyone else hear of this ??????