©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gyno Question...Need Some Advice

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
Hey guys,

About a month ago I noticed a small, sensitive lump under my left nipple. I went to the doctor today and she told me it was a case of gyno. She said it would go away on its own, and that I should not worry.

I've never used any anabolic steroids, no pro-hormones, nothing. The only supplements I've ever taken are creatine and protein supplements.

I don't smoke marijuana. I've only smoked a few times ever in my life. I don't drink much alcohol at all. I don't use any other recreational drugs.

I take no prescription or over-the-counter medications.

I'm 23 years old, a competitive weightlifter. I've been lifting seriously for two years now, and I lifted also in my teens.

So what's the deal? I'm done with puberty, and I don't use AAS.

In April of this year, I had my natural testosterone levels tested after a drug-tested competition. It was 21.8 ng/mL. That's no joke. It was really that high.

So could my naturally high test levels be causing this? Is my body in such an anabolic state from my training that my body is raising estrogen levels?

Any help is appreciated. This is confusing.

Thanks,

Watchful

mac762339

Jul 17, 2005
When you had your test levels done did they test your estrogen as well. When I had mine done I got numbers back for all levels in my body. You could use some Nolva and would probablly help it pass.

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
When you had your test levels done did they test your estrogen as well. When I had mine done I got numbers back for all levels in my body. You could use some Nolva and would probablly help it pass.

They just noted my testosterone levels and the T/E ratio.

She told me to see my family doctor for a follow-up. I may ask him not only for some Nolva, but also request that he write a prescription for a hormone profile.

It's strange. I remember having something similar under my right nipple when I was going through puberty, and it went away on its own.

-Rex

mac762339

Jul 17, 2005
Its not uncommon for prepubecent males to get gyno. In most cases it just naturally goes away. Now you said small lump ,what size ? Is it directlly behind the nipple?

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
Its not uncommon for prepubecent males to get gyno. In most cases it just naturally goes away. Now you said small lump ,what size ? Is it directlly behind the nipple?

It's about the size of an aspirin or Tylenol tablet. It's invisible from the outside; to be detected it must be felt. It's directly behind the nipple.

Watchful

mac762339

Jul 17, 2005
Ok that does'nt sound like a bad case of gyno(yet).Im not sure if your not using gear why this would occur at your age.I would be very dilegent on knowing exactlly what supplements you are taking.Find out exact ingredients and research them.Ask yourself have you recentlly change any of your supplements or your diet.Now if you can get your doc to perscribe Tamoxifen(nolvadex) you should be fine. There are also certian foods that are suppose to lower Estrogen levels.One is Brocilli and there are others but don't remember as I read the article on it sometime ago.Im sure others will post on this thread that may be more help than I. But don't stress and also Gaspari Nutrition makes a product called Nolvadex that you can get at your local supplement store.Now obviouslly its not really Nolva but herbs that can help lower Estrogen levels.So mabey try that until you can see your doc.Good luck.

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
hi, like above does seem strange to be getting gyno at ur age if no aas are being used.....I would consider going back to the doc's just for a second opinion to count out anything that may be more sinister, although im sure its nothing that some tamox wont clear up its better to air on the side of caution....Also i have used tamox/nolva from a site called lion nutrition, semed to work at the end of cycles i have done so might be worth a look

twooten1985

Jan 21, 2007
I'm 23 as well and this recently happened to me after try animal test ( supplement) and it got a little bigger went to the plastic surgeon and also got a mamogram (it's really embarrasing but they do it cuz of cancer) and the doctors told me that they get all kinds of gyno cases from men in there twenties and that mine happened to be natural and would go away and it is gorgon alot smaller but not gone yet. Evidently somthing is causing it???

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
For those who care, here's an update on this thread.

I recently had my free testosteone levels tested. They were found to be below average. This is strange, as in April of '08 I took a urine test which said my total tesosterone was 21.8 ng/mL. Is it possible to have total testosterone this high but low free testosterone?

My strength continues to improve in the gym. The small lump is still there but seems to have gotten even smaller.

Anyway, I'm going to keep on training. And I'm going to have my free testosterone levels double-checked.

Thanks guys,

Watchful

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
For those who care, here's an update on this thread.

I recently had my free testosteone levels tested. They were found to be below average. This is strange, as in April of '08 I took a urine test which said my total tesosterone was 21.8 ng/mL. Is it possible to have total testosterone this high but low free testosterone?

My strength continues to improve in the gym. The small lump is still there but seems to have gotten even smaller.

Anyway, I'm going to keep on training. And I'm going to have my free testosterone levels double-checked.

Thanks guys,

Watchful

Good man. Keep a Watchful eye on your situation, I'm sure you'll be fine.