©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Close to home tragedy. .

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Terrible mountain mud slide 20ft high for miles took out many homes and currently 14 people found 105 missing.Imagine sitting In home and then under ground. Sad situation that shows lifes short. ..never know..

Washington Slide Death Toll 14; Search Continues « CBS Seattle

Landslide death toll rises to 8 as search for missing continues | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
So many childred lived in the zone as they all attend the small school which was missed by the slide.

Attachments

• 2023202605.jpg
    2023202605.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 52

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Man, thats terrible. We studied these and landslides in my geology class in college. There have actually been quite a few instances like this. Even whole towns/cities have been built at the base of steep cliffs like that, the type of soil and amount of waterfall can cause the whole thing to just go at any moment. Sadly engineers rarely take that into account, and dont bother doing any soil studies. Build and think it will be fine....many times it hasnt been.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Think it's at 176 missing now. Wow IB that is a bummer . I remeber there was one on the railway while I was out there you were saying. Nothing like this.
Prayers for those gone and kin... T

Nattydread

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Jan 13, 2013
California
Really opens your eyes to live your life to the fullest cause you never know when it's gonna end. Love and prayers sent out to those lost and their families

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Tragic. Wow. So sad.
The power Mother Nature can change everything at anytime.

Puts life in perspective.

I am grateful to be alive every morning I wake up.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
That's very bad news. Things like this is why you live your life as there is no tomorrow. Not saying go out and splurge on things. Live your life and be kind to others, do good and help people when you can.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well heres a sad update.
In 1999 reports from US army corps of engineers wrote a report on that area as " potential for large catastropic failure and In 2006 at same mountain was a smaller mudslide but caused serious damage and geologist said area was safe. :(
Well today national guard are arriving , its pouring rain, now 180+ missing ..Mud and debris are 50+ ft in areas.

Last edited:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I've been watching this story. Horrible. My heart goes out to them.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I couldn't imagine how some of the families feels. We are a blessed to live day by day.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Well heres a sad update.
In 1999 reports from US army corps of engineers wrote a report on that area as " potential for large catastropic failure and In 2006 at same mountain was a smaller mudslide but caused serious damage and geologist said area was safe. :(
Well today national guard are arriving , its pouring rain, now 180+ missing ..Mud and debris are 50+ ft in areas.

Those geologists that claimed the area was safe ought to feel like total pieces of shit. To make a statement like that, that ends up in massive loss of life is inexcusable by any means. They better have their licences pulled before they do any more harm to society.