©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gym idiots...

Majere1313

Apr 14, 2014
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399935323.529682.jpg

#1. These are all 10's. This particular dumb fuck obviously didn't graduate 1st grade math.

#2. She was doing squats in this, the calf raise machine.

I hate this place.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Shit like that just makes me scratch my head and think what the fuck common sense tell ya that aint the way that shit works lol

Majere1313

Apr 14, 2014
Shit like that just makes me scratch my head and think what the fuck common sense tell ya that aint the way that shit works lol

A 45 and a 5 on each side would do the trick but oh no, she's gotta run around the whole gym gathering up all the 10's like a hog hunting truffles.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
If that's the stupidest thing u deal with at ur gym, I'd say you've got it easy.

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
I dunno, maybe if she was doing drop/strip sets. I do stiff-legged deadlifts with 25s sometimes because the diameter of a 25 < 45, if I'm looking for to work a greater ROM.

Don't let it get to you, guy --dial in on your workout and get focused. You'd probably flip out if you ever saw Dave Draper doing unconventional exercises! At least she's in the gym trying, right? Maybe next time be more proactive and give her a few pointers, instead of reactive and elitist.

Makes me think of Arnold's Reddit post:
"Thanks for sharing this. Everybody, behave and stop bickering. This is about inspiring more people to get into fitness. I've never understood people who argue constantly about who is wrong and who is right in fitness, because the fact is, there are many 'right' answers, especially for people just starting out.

"Do you think Sergio Oliva and I did the same thing? No. In fact, you could walk into Gold's and watch the 5 best guys and see 5 completely different routines. And you know what? We didn't argue.

"Do me a favor. Try to focus more on expanding the fitness community as a whole than protecting your little corner of it."

custom

Apr 8, 2014
Mine was the newbie in the gym doing chest. When he was done with the bench he decided to take all the plate off one side of the bar first. The bar came within an inch of cracking him in the jaw lol

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Mine was the newbie in the gym doing chest. When he was done with the bench he decided to take all the plate off one side of the bar first. The bar came within an inch of cracking him in the jaw lol

Now that's just funny!

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Ya I would have had a hard time not just busting out laughing if the bar had knocked him out lol

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Funny story several years ago was doing incline dumbell presses to failure with 100 pounders my partner was apparently checking out some ass a across the gym when I hit failure fucking dumbell came down on the bridge of my nose wasnt shit I could do about it broke my nose was bleeding like a stuck pig partners freaking out apologizing...funny shit now but damn I was pissed in the moment lol

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
A 45 and a 5 on each side would do the trick but oh no, she's gotta run around the whole gym gathering up all the 10's like a hog hunting truffles.

I've got one of those at my gym also. I swear she spends more time asking everyone if they are using the 10's, than she does actually working out. :banghead:

NOSUPERMODEL

Nov 6, 2012
Had a couple in the gym the other day...

First guy was on the chest press. Well it has a foot lever to press on with both feet to get the bars out to help you get started. Kid was sitting there on his phone pressing it up down using like a quad exercise. I thought he might have been just doing it waiting on somebody, but he was still doing it after I came out of the bathroom.

Second guy(weighing about 150lbs) loads the bar up in the squat rack with 385 so he can do shrugs. Guys grabs the bar from behind him and I swear has a range of motion of about 1/2". I watched him do about 5 sets of these. I thought to myself, why don't you load up about 200 pounds and do a full range of motion and get a better workout.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
^ Some ppl never cease to amaze me. Would rather try to look like a badass than do shit properly, in the meantime make themselves look like a dumbass instead. One tool that goes to my gym has done plenty of weird shit. For example he lays chest into the hacksquat machine(backwards) and proceeds to do some sorta calf raise/kneebend exercise that doesnt exist. Meanwhile looks like he is trying to fuck the machine and grunts at the same time. Everybody hates this SOB lol.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Forgot to add, i made a wrist roller for forearms (pvc pipe, rope, etc). You need at least 15 lbs of plates to even do anything, i use 25-35. This douchbag was using just a 2 1/2lb plate the other day.lmao. also acting like he was puttin up a 400lb press or something, moaning grunting and all. He has been coming for at least a year and still looks like an emaciated crackhead. Unbelievable.lol

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I might finally have a story worth adding.

Guy and his buddy are lifting chest together. Both have huge headphones on, and are spending more time getting pumped up watching rap videos in between sets than they are actually lifting.

I see the bigger of the 2 guys getting all pumped up for his last big set of dumbbell chest presses, go to the rack and pick up a pair of 30's? His buddy breaks out video mode on his cellphone and proceeds to start yelling and grunting at his buddy who's about to lift like he's videoing history being made.

Dude cranks out a killer set of 8 with the 30's, breathing hard and grunting and yelling like he's about to set a new world record. Of course his buddy is cheering him on the whole time and videoing the whole thing.

I've never seen anything so underwhelming get made out to be so impressive. I really believe these guys thought they were moving some really impressive weight. I have no doubt it's on YouTube somewhere, I just don't know what to search.

When it was over I looked around, and about 6 of us were stopped just staring at the spectacle that they made of themselves. They were all pumped up about what they just did, and we were all embarrassed for them. These guys then jumped up and started flexing and strutting around the gym as if they did something we should all be impressed by. Neither one of them had the presence of mind to notice me standing there doing strict curls with more weight than they were chest pressing. It was really a sad moment for me.

dr.ziegler

May 22, 2014
Ok here's one for ya......I was working at a local gym about 10 yrs back.Some stupid fuck left some wieght on a smith machine.On one 2 45lbs and a 25lb(The 25 is the key to this story)As I'm taking the weights off I notice a hot woman on a stair stepper.I knew her from somewhere and couldn't remember where.As I said I cleaned the side of the bar with 1-45 and walked to the other side,I didn't see the 25,as I'm about to touch the wieght she looks at me and smile and waves.I slide the 45 and the 25 pounder falls from about 6ft and crushes my big toe on my left foot.I managed to smile and wave back at her....I walk as cooly as I can to the locker room before collapsing!!! I turn it into bone dust!!!!

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
Ok here's one for ya......I was working at a local gym about 10 yrs back.Some stupid fuck left some wieght on a smith machine.On one 2 45lbs and a 25lb(The 25 is the key to this story)As I'm taking the weights off I notice a hot woman on a stair stepper.I knew her from somewhere and couldn't remember where.As I said I cleaned the side of the bar with 1-45 and walked to the other side,I didn't see the 25,as I'm about to touch the wieght she looks at me and smile and waves.I slide the 45 and the 25 pounder falls from about 6ft and crushes my big toe on my left foot.I managed to smile and wave back at her....I walk as cooly as I can to the locker room before collapsing!!! I turn it into bone dust!!!!

Lmao!!! Real smooth brudda.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I do love these gym idiots threads. I'm reading all the posts, laughing and thinking about the same crap that takes place in my gym. I've even seen people trying to bench press with different weights on each end of the bar. Also, for a while last year, I saw people training with the funky looking masks on. I think it must have been to restrict oxygen. Hell, I get so winded on the heavy compound lifts that I would die with that gas mask looking thing on...

Last edited: