©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New here, advice appreciated

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
hi all, thanks for the site and all the info available. I just paid for a subscription but can't gain access?? I'm still reading all the info available. This will be the first time i try steroids. I'm 34 and have lifted on and off throughout the years. started when i was 13 or so. So i'm definately not a beginner. Any advice you guys have would be most appreciated. Its good to find a site like this where the info is shared and no one is flaming the next guy. Clint

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Thanks, any advice for a newbie? I've read some of the info pertaining to someone such as myself, the more i know the sooner i can get started. Clint

W

wolfyEVH

Clint1 said:
Thanks, any advice for a newbie? I've read some of the info pertaining to someone such as myself, the more i know the sooner i can get started. Clint

read all of the sticky threads and all of the steroid profiles on here.........especially make sure you have a very good diet before resorting to steroids.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
I eat till i can't eat no more. Its really hard for me to put on weight, i'm in construction so i burn alot of calories at work as well. Whats everyones thoughts on the weightgainers? Clint

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
If you're not gaining weight, you're probably not eating enough. One massive lunch and massive dinner is not enough to gain weight. What I have learned is that it is all about timing your meals. 6 or 7 meals a day at 40 grams of protein each meal is doing the job for me. Find the stickie on "newbie diet"

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Clint1 said:
I eat till i can't eat no more. Its really hard for me to put on weight, i'm in construction so i burn alot of calories at work as well. Whats everyones thoughts on the weightgainers? Clint

Just eat more and more. I tried Weider weight gainer about 5 years ago and I shit slime for a week.

Buy bags of boneless/skinless chicken breasts. Cook them everyway you know how. You can buy a bunch of cheap sirloin too. Make some protien shakes and eat high calorie (high carb, high protien) power bars between meals.

I used to have a job like yours, so I know what you go through. I used to sweat like a pig all day long. Kind of defeats the purpose I know. Make sure you eat alot of carbs so your body doesn't use your precious protien for energy. You could probably get away with eating more fat than most due to your labor intensive work conditions.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I am a carpenter, my day starts at 4am. This is my eating schedule
5am 7am 9am noon 3:30pm 5pm 7:30pm. On top of these meals I have a shake before and after my workout and snacks in between. I am no bodybuilder and my diet reflects my results. The amount of food I ingest is not equal to the frequency. When the vets tell you that you have to eat, they are not kidding. Again, if you do anything here, research the threads on diets. Gear is nothing without the fuel.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Hi guys, thanks for all the info. I'm a bricklayer so eating and burning calories are a constant battle. Trying to ingest enough food to fuel your day and have enough left to reap some gains. Plus i have a metabolism like a race horse, i have to eat till i'm bloated and stay that way. Any of you guys have joint pains? Between lifting, work and being 34 i have my share. What supplements work well for this?? Clint

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Clint1 said:
Hi guys, thanks for all the info. I'm a bricklayer so eating and burning calories are a constant battle. Trying to ingest enough food to fuel your day and have enough left to reap some gains. Plus i have a metabolism like a race horse, i have to eat till i'm bloated and stay that way. Any of you guys have joint pains? Between lifting, work and being 34 i have my share. What supplements work well for this?? Clint

Joint Boost made by TKE on Bodybuilding.com. $21.00 for 2 to 3 month supply. The only joint supp that I've found that contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM and shark Cartalige all in one. Takes 2 to 4 weeks to kick in. Without it, I couldn't lift the way I do. This is one supplement that WORKS!

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Another great read for you posted by TEE.

JOINT PAIN.......fix it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joint cocktail by DRVJ11

Hydrolyzed gelatin - Gelatin provides the components of collagen, which is the basis of connective tissue found in skin, ligaments, cartilage, vertebral discs, joint linings, capillary walls, and the bones and teeth.
• Take hydrolyzed collagen in doses of 10 grams per day in powder mixed with any liquid.

Glucosamine sulfate - Glucosamine is a major component of cartilage. It helps the body make synovial fluid—an important joint lubricant—and proteoglycans—the large, shock absorbing molecules found in cartilage.
• Take glucosamine sulfate in dosages of 1,500 milligrams (mg) per day (three 500-mg doses, two of these in the morning and one before bedtime). For faster results, take 1,000 mg twice daily.

Chondroitin sulfate - Chondroitin is a derivative of glucosamine that supports the strength and flexibility of all connective tissues in the body.
• Take chondroitin sulfate in total daily amounts of 800-1,200 mg divided over two doses.

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) - MSM is a natural, nutritional source of biologically active sulfur. MSM provides the body with the raw materials it requires to remanufacture protein and connective tissues. MSM should also be added because of its anti-inflammatory effect on injured joints.
• Take 1,500mg-3,000mg divided over three doses

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - Ascorbic acid is a good addition because it is essential for the synthesis of collagen and the reconstruction of connective tissues in the body.
• Take 2,000-4,000mg divided over the day

Flax Oil (Omega 3's and Omega 6's) Have you ever noticed that when you are really lean, you tend to have more pain in your joints? Of course while on Winny this is apparant too! Polyunsaturated fats help to lubricate your joints and help them move "freely". If you suffer from tendonitis, polyunsaturated fat may also help reduce the inflamation that causes your pain. Both Omega 3 and Omega 6 are the two main types of polyunsaturated fats and they can be found in flax oil, Borage Seed Oil, Fish Oil, Udo's OIL.
• Take 1-2 tablespoons or 10-12 capsules divided over the day

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
ya, imo diet is the hardest thing to get down I do eat a weight gainer just to make shure my cals are nice and high while on. Mussle Juce is the stuff I am eating .

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
I used GNC's weight gainer last year and it seemed like it put me above my daily caloric needs. I gained 20 pounds in a couple of months. Alot of this weight is due to muscle memory and regaining what i had lost from the previous years of lifting. I topped out at 165 lbs., which is 5-7lbs heavier than i've ever been.This is at a height of 5'6", not to bad, very low % bf. Clint

21.5GUNS

Apr 5, 2005
Due to your physical job stick with plenty of complex carbs such as oatmeal, brown rice, yams or sweet potato, beans and moderate amounts of spelt pasta. Kick up your water intake to at least 1 gallon to 1.5 to help with proper cellular function and removal of waste products and try to consume some form of protein with every meal. I personally have found bananas smeared with almond butter a great way to gain access to some healthy extra calories. I wouldn't worry too much about taking in too many carbs right now since you have such a physical job and the fact that your are trying to gain.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Thanks big, With this metabolism i just eat as much as i can. I've never worried about fat gains, i'm always ripped. Water is about all i drink, i get about a gallon a day. Clint