©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Email Encryption....

Zaven

May 18, 2005
From www.freedon-to-tinker.com

The states of Massachusetts and Texas are preparing to consider bills that apparantely are intented to extend the national Digital Millennium Copyright Act. (TX bill; MA bill) The bills are obviously related to each other somehow, since they are textually similar.

Here is one example of the far-reaching harmful effects of these bills. Both bills would flatly ban the possession, sale, or use of technologies that "conceal from communication service provider...the existence or place of origin or destination of any communication". Your ISP is a communication service provider, so anything that concealed the origin or destinatin of any communication from your ISp would be illegal--no exceptions.

If you send or receive your email via an encrypted connection, you're in violation, because the "To" and "From" lines of the emails are connected from your ISP by encryption. (The encryption conceals the destinations of outgoing messages, and the sources of incoming messages.)

Worse yet, Network Address Translation (NAT), a technology widely used for enterprise security, operates by translating the "from" and "to" fields of internet packets, thereby concealing the source or destination of each packet, and hence violating these bills. Most security "firewalls" use NAT, so if you a firewall your're in violation.

If you have a home DSL router, or if you use the "Internet Connection Sharing" feature of your favorite operating system product, you're in violation because these connection sharing technologies use NAT. Most operating system products (including every version of Windows introduced in the last five years, and virually all versions of Linux) would also apparantely be banned, because they support connection sharing via NAT. :eek:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
For all the meatheads I.e. Tee....don't worry about this you wouldn't understand

latino~heat

Truest Playa in da Game
May 24, 2005
Lower`East`Side
That sucks...Invasion of Privacy will always be an ongoing issue~

then again, I always knew hushmail, cyber-rights were not 100% safe to begin with...always good to go wit an Alias..

be safe out there L~H

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Basically.......there's no sure way to hide from anybody, especially electronically.

Actually good ole fashion express mail would be the way to go........wouldn't it?

I would rather take the chance of a had written letter getting intercepted, than have my source get busted with all my "encrypted emails" still floatin around in their cyberspace mainframe.........

You can teach a monkey to crack a basic 128-bit email encryption.

my 2 cents worth.........just a thought......no offense intended to anyone..

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Zaven said:
Basically.......there's no sure way to hide from anybody, especially electronically.

Actually good ole fashion express mail would be the way to go........wouldn't it?

I would rather take the chance of a had written letter getting intercepted, than have my source get busted with all my "encrypted emails" still floatin around in their cyberspace mainframe.........

You can teach a monkey to crack a basic 128-bit email encryption.

my 2 cents worth.........just a thought......no offense intended to anyone..

Hushmail is not simple 128bit bro, it uses Open PGP. It is not (easily) breakable. Carnivore searches all email streams for specific keywords and then logs that info. With encrypted email, the entire message is sent as illegible text until the recipient's private key decrypts the message, therefore no keywords for carnivore (FBI's snooping program) to lock onto. Trust me, you are completely safe! Here is some more info!

http://www.openpgp.org/about_openpgp/

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Your right Freejay...Hushmail is good...

I have hushmail...........I left out some info on my post..

that post didn't come out like I meant for it too...

My bad...

latino~heat

Truest Playa in da Game
May 24, 2005
Lower`East`Side
hushmail is only as safe as the programmers and coders who built it...Remember 100% of all the hackers are programmers..IT Guys gone bad
L~H