©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

any anasci bros in San Diego want to go fishing or hunting

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Its about that time to start scouting the mountains for hog and deer game trails. Get some hiking in for the cardio sessions. Yellow fin tuna will be coming up from baja pretty soon and I take off from H&M landing to the coronado islands and mexican waters.

Hit me up in a PM and we can get a trip set up.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Do we get to share a sleeping bag on the hunting trip? Jk heard a rumor I might be heading to the Dakotas soon or Wisconsin plus Cali is a far drive.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Its about that time to start scouting the mountains for hog and deer game trails. Get some hiking in for the cardio sessions. Yellow fin tuna will be coming up from baja pretty soon and I take off from H&M landing to the coronado islands and mexican waters.

Hit me up in a PM and we can get a trip set up.

Sounds like a good time, and I don't even hunt or fish. I'd love to have some fresh yellow fin tuna steaks. And nothing beats ferrel hog bacon. Too bad I'm in the southeast.

I'm putting some serious thought into moving to San Diego after I retire, though. Only 8 more years to go.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Lycan, as an avid Hunter and fisherman, I would love to take you up on your offer, but unfortunately I am about as landlocked as you can get. If you ever get closer to the center of the country, hit me up.

wolfpack-back.jpg.cf.jpg

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
If I ever get to visit/travel the country ill set something up with you guys. The game is small here but its better than store bought and the ranches that stock game charge up the ass to hunt on their land even for unguided.

I usually go to my buddy's private ranch in north cali but ill be scouting the blm here in SD.

@ phoe lmfao ... my sleeping bag is a black bear hide I had custom made. His name is Pooh Bear. Took his ass with my 1938 k98.

I cant wait to hit the waters, I wrapped my own calstar and seeker blanks which I cant wait to use.

Any of you guys collect C&R rifles or wrap blanks?

IB where you at buddy, ready to get your ass in SoCal for a week or two this summer?

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I'm an SD guy myself but I'm living in North Carolina right now.

What part of SD are you in? I've lived all over, but most recently I was in Del Cerro across the 8 from
state..

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Poway. Been here on and off the past year. Nice area and great school system for my kids.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
How long does ur fishing trip usually last, and how much tuna can u pull in on a trip? And what does it cost to have them processed and packaged? I might wanna schedule my vacation next year and schedule a trip like that if the costs aren't too out of line. A freezer full of fresh tuna for the year would be awesome.

Around here, tuna steaks are almost impossible to find. And when you can find them, the quality sux and it's still $25-30/lb. If I can fly out to the coast, have a good vacation, and come back with some quality tuna for an aggregate price of less than local market price, then I'd be down for it next year.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Last time I went deep sea fishing was off the coast of naples florida about 8 years ago boat we chartered cut em all up and overnighted the fillets back home for us loved having fresh fish in the freezer all year so much fun.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
How long does ur fishing trip usually last, and how much tuna can u pull in on a trip? And what does it cost to have them processed and packaged? I might wanna schedule my vacation next year and schedule a trip like that if the costs aren't too out of line. A freezer full of fresh tuna for the year would be awesome.

Around here, tuna steaks are almost impossible to find. And when you can find them, the quality sux and it's still $25-30/lb. If I can fly out to the coast, have a good vacation, and come back with some quality tuna for an aggregate price of less than local market price, then I'd be down for it next year.

That would be something we would have to research and figure out. Finding a location (best possible time/place for yellow fin, eldorado, etc, I.e: cabo, SD, catalina) which would be cheaper and feasible for air fare. Then finding a public charter or private charter boat and again yellow fin does travel from baja up past Catalina Island July-Oct., but the best catches are deep deep sea week long trips if your seriously trying to catch the 300lb+ cows and trying to get more than one. The galley/crew have their own prices for cutting up the fish and would need to be asked for ahead of time because it gets costy if you catch a lot of fish. All that in account will determine if its economical.

My best bet is to get a group of guys and find a private bongo to hit up the outskirts of the coast. Public charters are to much to deal with (drunk idiots, to crowded and assholes cut your line, fight for spots) private boats I can fish 24/7 and troll all I want.

You got to be prepared for sea sickness on boats with rooms/bunks because that shit will ruin the trip.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Im on the east coast, and looking forward to September..beginning of deer season here. Just wrote a $1000 check to my hunt club for the yearly membership. It only hurts to do that when I think how many vials of test that grand could have bought...

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Anyone ever eat mountain lion/puma or coyote jerkey? Meet a dude who hunts nothing but coyote and makes jerkey.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany

Lycams average tuna he catches...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 13