©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A lady lifter saying hello!

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Hi all - I'm Christie, and I decided to join after finding this board and being very impressed by the amount of knowledge being shared here and how seriously most members seem to take their training and cycles. I've learned a lot already just from reading, so I definitely want to thank those of you who've taken the time to assemble this research and weed out some of the obvious (even to a newbie like me) nonsense.

It's taken a while for me to do what seems like enough research to prepare for my first cycle, just because there's not a lot of info out there that even considers women and this is certainly not something I want to jump into without being as prepared as possible. The logs I've found have mostly been from figure competitors or bodybuilders; I haven't seen much from women who are focused primarily on strength and there's almost no follow-up about keeping gains or any side effects post-cycle. Although I suppose, as they say, we're all an experiment of 1 so we'll see what happens.

I'm 31 and have been lifting for 5 years, although I only got really serious about it 3 years ago. I was a nutrition minor in college and continue to read a ton about nutrition and training, so I think I'm in a solid position from that angle (after all, I want to GET something out of this cycle and I'm not about to undercut my first one with weak diet and training). My biggest challenge is getting enough sleep, but things are calming down at work after a couple of crazy months so with a little more effort and planning I should be able to get that nailed down as well.

Basically, at this point I just have to pick what compound to run! Already got taurine and cycle support supps in hand, so it's just the last (hardest) part. Anavar seems to be the most popular choice among the ladies, and I like the idea of an oral so I can monitor for sides and adjust my dose as needed immediately (especially since I've never ordered before and have to acknowledge that I might get something other than var anyway if the supplier swaps it out on me). The other couple of orals suitable for women seem to get called out for harsher sides but I can't find anything conclusive to back up whether they also produce greater gains. That trade-off would be worth it to me but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be that big of a difference in strength gains.

So that's my long-winded introduction and way of saying thanks to all of you who've made this board what it is...how come I can't find any equally nice guys with these types of bodies where I live?!? ;)

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Welcome to the forum.
Are you a powerlifter then or doing this for fun?

Powerlifting IS fun!

I haven't competed yet, if that's what you're asking, although I'd like to in the future. But my training is structured around getting stronger in the big 3 (hence the username) and accessory work with that goal in mind.

Except (confession time): my bench sucks. Please don't ask me how much (really, how little) it is; just trust me. And I haven't pushed it nearly as hard as I should because I train alone. Add a couple of injuries to that (broken left arm, separated left shoulder, and dislocated rib) and it's no surprise why bench is by far my weakest link.

But admitting it is the first step, right? And I'm determined to stop embarrassing myself under the bar, so the motivation is definitely there.

Jeez, only the first day and you guys already have me spilling my deepest secrets...

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
We're all here to help u and offer advice this is one of the best boards I've belonged to. There's a few powerlifters here that will be able to offer you more than others. Just don't hesitate to ask questions.
P

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Well the best way I can help your bench is too see a video of you doing it. Best angle would be off to one side near your feet so we can see your arm path foot placement and arch.

Do you have pain from any of those injuries? Or strength imbalances?

How are your squat and dead? And yeah numbers are gonna help us help you, including bench, and your weight if you will share it.

3biglifts

Sep 15, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Well the best way I can help your bench is too see a video of you doing it. Best angle would be off to one side near your feet so we can see your arm path foot placement and arch.

Do you have pain from any of those injuries? Or strength imbalances?

How are your squat and dead? And yeah numbers are gonna help us help you, including bench, and your weight if you will share it.

Wow, you called it - both. The shoulder, not so much for either pain or being weaker than my right (the only thing I've learned I can't do is dips). I broke both bones in my left forearm and it didn't set perfectly straight, so my wrist doesn't bend properly and the weight of the bar doesn't sit directly over my arm and shoulder, but it's nothing I can't handle.

Weirdly enough, the rib bothers me the most - it's the most recent of the injuries, so maybe that's part of it? Getting a decent arch makes it hurt like crazy and I just push through it but it's probably not ideal (did PT for it for a while and not sure what else there is to do?)

My bench prior to the rib dislocation was 135; not great but I was making progress. Right now 1RM for deadlift is 275 and squat is 205. I weigh about 145 (within a few pounds) so for competition purposes I'd be in the 148 weight class, but right now I just want to focus on getting stronger. I'd love to lift at 132 but every time I've made progress dieting down my strength has tanked and mentally that just sucks.

You gave a great description of the angle for the bench video; I've never actually recorded any of my lifts (I don't even like being in photos) but it's a very kind offer and if you really think you might be able to help I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Yeah I mean without being in person to coach you a vid is the next best thing but no worries of you can't.
I wouldn't try and cut to make a weight class either unless it was only a few lbs. That is a respectable squat and the dead is a good starting place. I was just at a usapl meet on sat and 275 would have been top 3. Only 3 girls pulled more than 3 in the whole thing. Only one in your weight class.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Welcome 3biglifts! Wa st. And Wa DC are close lol... Can't get find anyone nicer than a northwest sasquatch can u?.. Hope you stick around and go ahead and call people out..we all need to learn. Thks Ib

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Welcome to our board. Great to see a female lifter on board.

Just to jump right in, my wife has cycled primo twice in the past 5 years, and is now running anavar. She started that cycle on 10/23 of a pretty stout dose of 25mg a day, and has enough on hand for a 60 day run. She complains about severe acne on the primo, and the jury is still out on the anavar. She is not a powerlifter by any means, but is more into staying fit and trim and in shape. I will say she has dropped 30 lbs over the past 5 years and is now in the 120s with her weight. If you have any questions for her, feel free to let me know.