©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Infection??

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I did my last injection 2 days ago in the quad. It hurts more than any injection i've ever done, I can't even walk. There's a knot in my leg and a red spot about 4 inches across(circular). I'm not seeing any streaks of red so far, but I fell like shit. My temperature has gone from normal this morning to 100 tonight. Could this be an infection? and if so, will I be alright waiting til tomorrow morning to go see the doc?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Steve,

Sorry, but I just got back on the board. It doesnt sound too good to me. What did you inject, and how much? It could be becomming an abcess. I wouldnt let us play guessing games, I would go see a doctor asap! The rise in your temperature is what concerns me most.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Steve, I found this on a med info site.

signs that it could be an abscess:

there is a definite lump and its painful.
the lump feels warm to the touch.
the lump seems to be coming to a point at its upper surface.
the skin over the lump is reddened.
you feel unwell and perhaps have a fever-
if you have any of these things it may mean you have a proper abscess- these generally respond fastest to surgical treatment- incision and drainage or lancing.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
thanks for the help. I think I was just worried for nothing, my temperature is back to normal, and the pain has lessened quite a bit. It's still a little swolen and warm to the touch, but now it just feels like a regular injection site to me.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
you should be fine. draw a circle around the red, and if it gets bigger then go to the doctor. did u massage the injection site afterwards and if so for how long?

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
TexasCreed said:
you should be fine. draw a circle around the red, and if it gets bigger then go to the doctor. did u massage the injection site afterwards and if so for how long?
Yeah, I messaged it for like 10 minutes in the shower with the hot water on it. It bled like hell though, couldn't get it to stop. It seems like every injection hurts more than the last and the pain lasts longer and longer

Zaven

May 18, 2005
steve0085 said:
Yeah, I messaged it for like 10 minutes in the shower with the hot water on it. It bled like hell though, couldn't get it to stop. It seems like every injection hurts more than the last and the pain lasts longer and longer
maybe the hormone is crystalizing a bit causing some irritation between your now more dense muscle fibers..............I don't know though, just a thought...

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
Test E 250mg. My first few injectioins went fine, hardly any pain after and the pain would go away quick, then the next few starting hurting a little bit and lasted a little longer. Now, they pretty much immobilize the body part that I shoot and it swells up big. The pain lasts for about a week and a half, don't know what is causing it. Like Zaven said, probably the crystals, maybe they've been building up from one inject to the next.