©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dentist Steroids

Ironaddict

Apr 20, 2005
In my own world
I have to ask has anyone had any teeth pulled or tooth work done while on steroids? I know that when I shave and cut myself I tend to not coagulate as well it just bleeds for a while. But in general if I got a tooth pulled would it be worse? Need some help on this if I should postpone or what.

Would it be a good idea to take some vitamin K for coagulation that week?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I have had two of my wisdom teeth pulled mid cycle. No problems here.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Well I'm no doctor, but I can't see any reason why being on a cycle should effect having dental work done.

HigherStandard

Aug 26, 2004
I remeber a similar subject being brought up about 6 months ago. Somebody said that they were mid-cycle and that they had to go to the dentist. The dentist was a friend of their mothers and they wanted to know if there was any way for the dentist to tell if he was on steroids. Someone responded with something like : Your blood will be neon green and spray all over the place and then he will tell you mommy.
I know my version is terrible, but it was very funny the first time around.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
HigherStandard said:
Your blood will be neon green and spray all over the place and then he will tell you mommy.
I know my version is terrible, but it was very funny the first time around.

Hmm, guess you had to be there.....j/k :D

Ironaddict

Apr 20, 2005
In my own world
The only reason I asked is when your on AAS your blood clotting capabilities are low. Like I said you can notice even when you shave that your cuts may bleed longer than normal. I just didn't want to have a tooth pulled and have any worries on the blood loss or coagulation as far as healing.

HigherStandard

Aug 26, 2004
I here yah.....when I had my wisdom teeth pulled I bled like a mofo. (not on cycle)
I had all 4 done at once with only local anesthesia and 2 of them were impacted.
The oral surgeon actually had to bust out with the grinder and cut out a piece of my jaw bone to get one out. Not a fun experience.

Ironaddict

Apr 20, 2005
In my own world
Okay now I want to go ten times less than I didn't want to go before!!! I hate the Dentist but I grind my teeth a lot. More so when I train at the gym. One day I was doing something and I had my teeth grinding and a back molar broke a piece off. I have to get that thing plucked soon. Other gory stories need not apply :) Now I am going to have that grinder image in my head until I go, Thanx Higher!!!

HigherStandard

Aug 26, 2004
LOL....sorry bro.
The story is actually much much worse than the few details that I mentioned.
I will tell the rest once you get back from the dentist.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
HigherStandard said:
LOL....sorry bro.
The story is actually much much worse than the few details that I mentioned.
I will tell the rest once you get back from the dentist.
lol, your harsh! hahaha.

Iron, you need a mouthpiece to prevent you from grinding. If you have good dental insurance, he will make you one. If not, just buy a football mouthpiece that you heat in boiling water and mold it to your mouth. Wear it when you sleep and work out.

travis

Mar 10, 2005
Or just simply have the dentist pull all of your teeth out... no teeth=no grinding j/k