©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

new here too

swimm

Mar 30, 2007
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Like a couple others I have seen, I was a d1 / national level competitor (swimming), looking to build back up to the hay-days of old.

Tyrone, thanks for introducing me to this board -- I appreciate the link.

To the more experienced folks, thank-you for taking the time to educate the newcomers. I have learned more in reading your posts than in my previous ten years of weight training.

Swimm

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
swimm said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Like a couple others I have seen, I was a d1 / national level competitor (swimming), looking to build back up to the hay-days of old.

To the more experienced folks, thank-you for taking the time to educate the newcomers. I have learned more in reading your posts than in my previous ten years of weight training.

Swimm
Welcome to the board Swimm!:)

swimm

Mar 30, 2007
... more

oh, by the way, I forgot to add this last bit,

my wife is a sports medicine doc, experience in working on a number of professional athletes (generally top level runners, MLB baseball players, and football players). I am glad to relay any medical questions that any / all may have. Her specialty is physiatry (rehab medicine), following which she went back to school and did additional fellowships specifically for sports.

Thx
Swimm

(PS -- she is also pretty good with injuries. I shattered the bones in my neck and have some serious nerve damage (greatly limiting my ability to control muscles) ... and she has been great in recommending exercises to rebuild injuries over the years).

Frustrating, though, to be in the gym and only bench 200lbs, when years before, with the same amount of muscle (roughly) I could bench 300. Makes me look like a schoolkid when I rack the weights ... but also makes me more determined to continue trying.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
swimm said:
Hi all,

Swimm
Welcome to the board!!!

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Hey Swimm Great to have you here and Ill hope youll stick around, Youd be a good addition here.
welcome to the board and nice to meet ya

DEVILDOG

Apr 1, 2007
East Coast, USA
swimm said:
oh, by the way, I forgot to add this last bit,

my wife is a sports medicine doc, experience in working on a number of professional athletes (generally top level runners, MLB baseball players, and football players). I am glad to relay any medical questions that any / all may have. Her specialty is physiatry (rehab medicine), following which she went back to school and did additional fellowships specifically for sports.

Thx
Swimm

(PS -- she is also pretty good with injuries. I shattered the bones in my neck and have some serious nerve damage (greatly limiting my ability to control muscles) ... and she has been great in recommending exercises to rebuild injuries over the years).

Frustrating, though, to be in the gym and only bench 200lbs, when years before, with the same amount of muscle (roughly) I could bench 300. Makes me look like a schoolkid when I rack the weights ... but also makes me more determined to continue trying.

I get leaned out for a show, and typically injure something...:(
I guess that's part of being over 30. Glad to meet ya!

swimm

Mar 30, 2007
Yeah, once I passed 30, I began to feel the wear and tear of years of sports. Well, at least my medical bills are limited :cool: